Chinups

How many chin-ups is an impressive amount? How many chin-ups would someone have to do for them to be strong in your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FKAzK6NfK6g
youtube.com/watch?v=HZbWcPRg2xI&t=21s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Impossible question. You can be weak and skinny as shit while doing 100 or strong and huge and only able to do 10

find me a skinny person who can do 100 pullups

i can't do one so congrats youre big and str0nk in my book

Depends on weight and form. If they dont bring chest to bar and go to a dead hang with every rep I'm not impressed one bit.

if they can do 10 deadhang with strict form i'm impressed. 18+ is really good but not really a feat of strength at that point. Even one for a girl is impressive to me.

Does Scoobys guide to performing pullups work? He suggests using a chair and lowering yourself really slowly to build strength

What? No. I can do 10 and I'm a dyel fatty by Veeky Forums standards
I'd say 20 is impressive, 30 is really impressive. Only talking about strict ones obviously.

you're full of shit. post a video of you as a dyel fatty doing 10 strict deadhang chinups with full range of motion.

Am I supposed to go all the way down on chins, or as low as I can without losing tension?

i reckon chinups are the greatest fitness measure of a person (relative strength to weight etc) and I'd say 99% of the population couldnt do 5 strict let alone 10 with most people doing 1 or less

youtube.com/watch?v=FKAzK6NfK6g

It really doesn't matter, its like asking how many times someone needs to rep a 80% bodyweight bench before they're strong

why aren't you doing pull-ups

see

see

I can only do sets of 12 (at 185lbs) but I have a really well developed back so I don't care if that amount of reps is impressive or not, it's how you look.

>ask for 100
>receive 57 less

what do you call those pull-ups/chin-ups where you use the close grip bars? so, your grip is neither supinated nor pronated, but perpendicular from your body

i call it hammer grip, don't know if that's standard

it's the easiest grip ime, good for shoulders though

looked it up, apparently they're called neutral grip pull ups

A neighbor of mine is one skinny motherfucker but he can do pull ups and muscle ups like they are easy.
What's with that, I don't get it.

youtube.com/watch?v=HZbWcPRg2xI&t=21s

Pullups favor people with small, weak legs

his ring muscle up form is completely shit tho

im 6'4 super long arms 211 lbs i can do 5 with a 45 plate strapped to me, wide grip, pretty good considering im natural and have a total test of 350

Well, I've seen him doing several pistol squats. I train muay thai with him and his low kicks are something else, must be his bony legs lol

My greatest achievement since beginning working out was being able to do 1 chin up. I was a fat fuck with no muscle that couldn't even do dips.
>tfw could finally do 3 dips
>tfw could finally do 10 dips
>tfw could barely do 3 chin up negatives
>tfw was finally able to do 3 chins
>then 5x5
>then 3x8
>then 3x10
Now i'm doing them weighted with 20kgs attached 5x5. I'd say that doing rows and negatives helped me the most. Also you should stop for 1 second at the top and at the bottom

sets of 12 is solid, i do sets of 10 but in an amrap can do 20+, so probs same for you

I feel pain in my shoulders when I release to a dead hang every time, can't I just go back down super low?

Can you hurt yourself from trying too hard? I get to the point where he was struggling, (at 43, but for me its the 5th chin up for me) and then i struggle real hard to get one more, get it 6, then try to go for another but then i quit because im weak.
I am curious to see how far i can push myself at that level of exhaustion and ruling out hurting myself would get rid of one huge mental obstacle

Yes retard
These are called negative reps and you should know that if you've been working out for more than two days

it really doesn't matter, because it's all dependent on bodyweight, arm length, arm position etc..

as long as you're seeing results that's what you should be concerned with. are those lats growing? is your grip strength increasing?

That's just in one minute you gimp.

pull ups are more of a power movement than pure strength

if you can pull with greater initial speed you probably can do more pull ups, you don't even need to pull the full movement, just the initial pull needs to be powerful enough

that's why so many people can do lat pulls but can't do pull ups at all

>pull ups are more of a power movement than pure strength
thank you for saying this, you showed me something

You must be able to do 10 pull-ups to be an adult human male. Twice that is impressive, thrice that is godlike.

More people should train pull-ups as a main lift. Do that, your squats, and the occasional RDL and your deadlift will train itself. I've only been pulling regular deadlifts once a month for over a year now, PRs every time.

I never could do a pullup until I was like 20. The heaviest I ever got was 150.

I got up to 100 pound chins for reps and 100 pound pullups for 1 and a half at a bw of 180-ish. Now my fucking wrist is broken and I can't fucking do a 1 armed chin. How do I progress to a one armed chin when I can't use my other hand to work up to it?

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like

Find a way to do band assisted one arm chin-ups, that's the only thing I can think of. How long until the wrist heals?

Neutral grip pullups

Fucking rights, thanks user. I have a huge purple band I use for stretching my shoulders and pull aparts.

Nov 1st is when I should be healed. They want to do physio if I'm not. I'm not in a cast, just in a sub zero looking gauntlet so I shouldn't be atrophied up as bad, though still weak.

Only shoulderlets do chinups

Chad's do pullups.

not skinny and not 100 chinups

you should be capable of continuously doing pullups without stopping. do you ask a healthy person how many steps they can take? no, people can just fucking walk. same withpullups you should be able to just keep doing pullups until you get hungry or sleepy

how many can you do?

>he doesn't only get around by using monkey bars

I bet these people do squats too. Faggots

>muh strength

you need a new pair of jeans you mlp faggot

Not everyone can spend all day watching fitness YouTube videos. Some of us have things to do

I can do 20 dead hang at 202 6'5. And everytime ive posted my pics people say I look like a no lifting newb. You all have weak pussy backs

Well you don't need to watch them all because every single fucker out there tells about it.

i don't believe you to be honest
can u post a video of your 20 dead hang chins

Keep thread bumped for 2 weeks, I'll post it on my test day. Temporary trip so you remember me.