Body Dysmorphia

Veeky Forums I've been struggling with body image issues that have gotten worse. I'm within a healthy range of BMI, but when I look at my body I just notice all of these flaws. I've started therapy but it's really hard to talk about this problem. The therapist is quite large and suggested at the last appointment that "Back in the old days a bigger body was considered attractive" I don't feel that way and it's made it harder to talk candidly about my problems. He's a nice enough therapist, but I'm not sure what to do.

I was hoping someone on fit may have some advice for me. Thank you for reading my post.

Sometime's I feel the same way, and then I look at myself from the eyes of a normie and realize my body is better than about 90% than most of them and I am "swole" in their eyes. I'm sure there are positive things about you that you just aren't paying attention to that you should be. I'm not really good at this stuff but I hope it helps

Oh, and just realize that those thoughts that you're somehow flawed come about from your lack of confidence/self esteem or whatever and dismiss them, don't focus or pay any attention to them. They're false and just there to mess with you

Just be yourself bro.

What's wrong with noticing flaws? I thought this was a good thing because then you can try to fix them.

So what's the issue exactly? You're unhealthy and you know you need to get fit. Go do it.

"Back in the old days a bigger body was considered attractive"
what the fuck is this shit ? fat was never attractive, and even if it was who gives a fuck it isnt anymore

>Mfw I watch rick and morty and I don't have this problem

You are just retarded, and I mean it. Smart people don't have this issues because with calipers and a scale you can get accurate enough measurements. Math doesn't lie, your eyes might.

Please watch some Rick and Morty or kys, I'm tired of brainlets like you

Thank you, I know that I should have more confidence. It's something I'm working on but it's hard not to convince myself that I lack confidence because of my body image.

Well yes, but I've been told that I don't have the flaws that I see. I've shown areas of excess fat to family and they look at me like I'm crazy.

I was very unhealthy about 3 years ago, I've dropped from 275 to 150 pounds. I spent most of my life being obese.

It's something I've heard before on the internet, this was the first time I had been told that in person.

I'm in the same boat as OP. Math and real world evidence really do help, because they're objective. But while they can ease your logical mind, they won't carry the feels away.

I've lost 30kg. When I look in the mirror, I still see someone obese looking back. When I look down, it's like I didn't lose even a bit of it.

What I do to cope is just focus on the objective evidence: I had to buy new, tighter belts, all of my clothing became too big for me, it's easier to move around, etc. But I still feel obese. And I probably will forever.

The funny thing is, when I was obese, I didn't feel obese. I felt "chubby". Old pictures of me are worse than a cross to a devil right now.

My man. Congrants on the weight loss.

Seriously just stick to reality. No matter how big you think your belly is, a measuring tape, calippers a scale and some charts should be enough to knock you back to reality.

Keep fighting the monkey brain and feels with logic.

I mean i know my arms being 16 inches objectively makes them big as the average is 13, but i still think im small

>I watch rick and morty

I think it depends how tall you are, 16 inches on a short guy (like 5'9 and below) would look big whereas my 16.5 inch arms look tiny on my 6'3 frame. Fucking sucks man...

Dude I agree that my 16 inch arms would look bigger than yours since I'm a 5"7 manlet but even fatties with fatceps don't have 16 inchers or 16.5 like yours. The average for all heights is like 12-14 inch arms which is tiny

That's probably true. What's weird though is that I still feel that the average guy has bigger arms than me, regardless of height.

Then again I guess we all developed body dysmorphia because of this board with half of the people claiming they benched 225 within 2 months.

Im 5'6
And dont worry i will never learn

are you a girl?

Are you me?

You are me in all aspects wtf. I even lost exactly 30 kg.

Girls hate dyel twinks. srs

It's all about the face anyways.

>I was hoping someone on fit may have some advice for me.
Stop going to a fat therapist do discuss these kinds of problems. Jesus.

Why is that guy naked in the middle of no-where in front of a stargate?

Body dysmorphia is for neurotic women. Harden the fuck up.