What is the optimal food to keep on hand for emergency supplies that won't make me lose my gains?

What is the optimal food to keep on hand for emergency supplies that won't make me lose my gains?

Everything high in protein (like meat and eggs) would spoil really fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VUbTiJQKvZQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones–Shafroth_Act
loc.gov/rr/hispanic/1898/jonesact.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5Uc1pPsKt_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a lot of bananas

what about protein?

I don't want vienna sausaces like the pic

whey
doesn't spoil
don't need to keep it cold
just keep it dry and out of the sun
i always keep 100g protons in whey in a jar when i'm out and about and that gets me through the day

Why don't you learn how to preserve meat?
What about freeze dried / salted nuts in ziplock bags?
Peanut butter?

fuck ton of beans

Google Plumpy'nut.

Plumpy'Nut has a two-year shelf-life and requires no water, preparation, or refrigeration. Its ease of use has made mass treatment of malnutrition in famine situations more efficient than in the past. Severe acute malnutrition has traditionally been treated with therapeutic milk and required hospitalization. Unlike milk, Plumpy'Nut can be administered at home and without medical supervision. It also provides calories and essential nutrients that restore and maintain body weight and health in severely malnourished children more effectively than F100.

oats
whey protein
canned fish
lentils
canned beans

The White House doesn't control what FEMA distributes as food.

Liberals are truly incompetent subhumans. They do not deserve your pity or mercy bros.

Eggs don't spoil fast you brainlet

The White House doesn't directly control what FEMA distributes, but FEMA is an agency and therefore controlled by the Trump Administration. Trump can appoint the director of FEMA for example, and that director has power to impact what FEMA distributes as emergency supplies.

It's not as simple as Twitter activists think though, obviously. People skew things to reflect their view. With social media and clickbait news, people don't even care about the Truth™ as much as they care about a story that appeals to their already established world view.

For instance, nobody would read a Tweet that said, "Here's what FEMA is distributing and here is why the Trump Administration is only indirectly responsible for this." They want sensationalism.

Rice
Beans
Potatoes(dried potatoes with skin saved)
Dried meat
Keep some dried fruit flour butter and sugar handy as well.

Pemican as well.

>beggarschoosing

American eggs do, since they're sprayed with chemicals to prevent salmonella

shelf life of an american egg is about 7 days unrefrigerated

youtu.be/VUbTiJQKvZQ

i had to eat something like that in basic training. our supply sgt hated us enough to not give us MREs.

Doesn't seem like such a bad emergency ration. You've got fat and protein from the canned sausages, you've got fiber, some sugar, and some complex carbs from the nutrigrain bar, and the skittles provide a morale boost, which you'll need after eating the rest of the meal.

>canned fish

Correct answer.

pemmican

Good damage control for imperialist american pigs comrade. 20 rubles and 1 potato will be deposited into your account.

Oh btw, liberals built Veeky Forums, and pretty much all the technology around you, you ninbred redneck useless waste of life motherfucker.

I just went on Amazon...

vienna sausage: $1.11 ($19.96 for 18)
skittles: $0.62 ($18.69 for 30)
nutri-grain bar: $0.31 ($4.98 for 16)

$2.04 for:

775 calories
~84g carbs (~47%)
~36g fat (~45%)
~14g protein (~8%)

Could you do better?

mods should be handing bans for people advocating beans as a protein source

Tuna, sardines and beans

> could have done that on my recent trip instead of having to find nutritious food

Wow I'm dumb.

beans aren't bad if you need a lot of calories for cheap

If you have access to water and a way of heating it, then any sort grain, seed, legume can be stored for a long time. Add to that dried/salted meat and fish. Also, dried fruit, pickled vegetables, fermented milk products, all these could last a while depending on the process that was used to make them.

>t. kike

Soylent powder, stores for like 1+ year and has all the nutrition you need.

Calories yes carbs yes protein no.

Beans are top tier food though

>I'll spout bullshit and people will finally pay attention to me!

>complain about emergency meals another country gets for free during crisis
>dont complain when michelle obama makes every meal for schoolchildren in america far far worse

I really hate liberal hypocrisy

canned tuna

GO BACK to FUCKING POL

Donald trump is a fucking joke, he is literally one step away from just exterminating all gays/black/jews and fuckers like you just try to support him because some gay fucking statistics from Veeky Forums convinced you blacks commit more crime or some stupid unprovable shit

just GO the FUCK back

>another country
Found Trump

Puerto Rico is American soil and all its citizens are American citizens by birth.

Its perfectly fine for literally keeping people alive which is all its supposed to do, considering its literally free and their taxes dont even pay for its its pretty fucking amazing

but >muh trump is evil meme wins out

>liberals
>built things

lmao

Shitskin detected

Liberals are a trip

Obama did no better with FEMA

Puerto rico im pretty sure is only an unincorporated territory of the US

Which means it is a different country

The US constitution doesnt apply there for example

Its no more "american soil" than samoa is, youre just relying on a silly technicality to prove a silly point, ironically proving the guy you were trying to disprove right

Just like how Dhekelia is LITERALLY part of the UK

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones–Shafroth_Act
loc.gov/rr/hispanic/1898/jonesact.html

It is still US soil even if it is unincorporated territory. We have an obligation to protect the American citizens there (ie anybody born there) just as we would in Texas or Florida.

Los Malvinas

Then they can start paying income tax

This is correct. Beans have a pretty bad protein to calorie ratio. Lentils, on the hand...

Shut the fuck up you stupid bitch

These are real people with real feelings, your giving them fucking sausages and nutrition bars to survive on during a crisis? Do you not see how fucked up that is? It doesn't matter it's in another country we should be giving AUD as if it were our own children

Obama would have been giving out better stuff than this I'm sure-fire oh god I miss Obama so much

>he is literally one step away from just exterminating all gays/black/jews
That does seem like a problem. How do we get him to take that last step?

What's your problem with sausages and nutrition bars? What would you give them?

>whey ratios
Wew lads cows are gains Gods

>no protein
navy beans have decent protein with low fat.

Why would they not hand out mre's? After hurricanes we always got more's and Budweiser canned water

If you go full right or left you go to shit.

>all of a sudden niggers are too good for the processed trash they live on everyday

kek, this is the best thing about liberals they have zero context for anything. just tell them a group is being oppressed and point to someone as a villain and they rally round. useful idiots for life.

>eggs
>spoil fast
Mineral oil, stupid. Meat can be turned into jerky. Nuts. Depends on how long the emergency is.

MREs are more expensive and there have been multiple major hurricanes in a very short time frame. FEMA's probable running on fumes, either in terms of budget, supplies, or both.

lmao

FEMA probably gives cushy contracts to food corporations to supply emergency food. Similar to school meals.

Whey protein
Whole grains
Beans
Lentils
Nuts
Nut butter

real food is cheaper and more nutritious

> Be too much of a piece of shit country to be able to mobilise your own relief and manage your own disaster.

> It's ok because the rest of the non-fuckup world is here to help your piece of shit spic hovel farm.

> Have the audacity to question the relief provided.

Not good enough? Ok, pull all relief out and leave them to work it out themselves.

lol I was just doing the same
But yeah this is a situation where we are trying to keep people going in a disaster not a long-term nutritional plan
Army could ship MREs that are nearing the end of their shelf life I guess since those get thrown out any way that stuff would be perfect
>complett meals
>conviantly packaged for shipping and handing out
>come with a little chemical heater pouch so you can heat it
>1200 calories per pack so one per day is enough to live off for a while

Technically they're part of the US. Still, you've got a point. They're pretty shit.

Red pill me on canned fish senpai

What the fuck are you commies doing on Veeky Forums? You don't lift.

>country
Please kill yourself.

>peice of shit country
>the USA
Checks out, it is shitty that the amerifats can't mobilize their relief efforts to disasters in their country

A tiny bit of sushi vinegar with rice, fampai. Don't use a lot of the vinegar, as it has sugar and might make your dick hard for several loads.

>durr what's the Jones Act

any type of canned fish specifically? is tuna good or is that just a meme

What is it? Not PR showing how good it is to its own people, for one.

Just go look them up and compare. I like tuna. Salmon tastes fucking terrible to me in a can.

fuck puerto rico

Corned beef. 18g protein for 100g serving

if i had 0 food and was going to die from starvation otherwise i'd be pretty fucking thankful to get free food even if it was bottom-tier 2bh

youtube.com/watch?v=5Uc1pPsKt_s
REEEEEEEEEEEEE it's all Blumps fault the middle aged soccer mom liberal feminist mayor of Puerto Rico is doing everything in her power to solve the crisis REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tuna, salmon, sardines, mackrels all taste godly and have good macros for good price and no need to worry about expiry date for fucking ages

>eggs literally taken to Antarctica lasted for a year
>spoil fast
Wut ?

antartica is cold
puerto rico is hot (i assume because of the brown people)

I can tell none of you faggots have ever had an MRE. This is literally the same shit we get in MREs. M&Ms, sausages, and breakfast bars.It requires no heat/water preparation, has high caloric content, and the candy is a massive morale boost. If you think these meals are in any way "bad", you are a highly sheltered, first world baby.

What the fuck would you give them? You can't give anything that requires cooking, or water for preparation, as that would be to difficult to supply.

>>eggs literally taken to Antarctica lasted for a year

OP is a dumdum and doesn't consider dehydrated options.

>none of you faggots have ever had an MRE. This is literally the same shit we get in MREs

American MREs*

Real nations have nutrition as a demand when they put these together. In America they call McDonk to squeeze a burger into a tube and sprinkle skittles on top and call it a meal.

I wouldnt be surprised, the trump regime is a fucking joke, Bankers on wall street probably designed these packages for him

its amazing that a president of the US could even be considered to be so corrupt, this country is a fucking joke

"Dbol" cheap af, "the breakfast of champions"

Are you implying the jones act is common knowledge?

also it didnt make Puerto Rico part of the US so your point is moot

>people can live on 1200 calories

Trump-tards everybody.

If you’re in a situation like that, the last thing you need to worry about is your gains.

>he is literally one step away from just exterminating all gays/black/jews
He really isn't even fucking close to doing anything like that.
You're making the rest of us look retarded.
t. liberal