/fat/ water fasting and meme diets are for brainlets edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>previous

Besides this I'd like to ask what are some things mentally I can do to not break and go back to my shitty habits.

Today was bad. My stomach fucking hurts. Hadn't had candy for a few months and a bad sweet tooth hit me today. Help me Jesus.

I hope there will be some Halloween themed Wojacks now that the time is approaching

Confess

Yeah I agree but seems like no matter what I eat I always go a bit over on sodium every day.

NO

fat fucks

I made a reply here

>skittles share size
>SHARE
No wonder you are fat.

Do you eat a lot of canned or pre-packaged foods? You should probably try adding better variety like sandwiches, vegetables, fish, and meats.

>700 calories of skittles

I mean I do get meat and fish but that has pretty high sodium in it. Doesn't help I also have to season it since eating it bland gets tiring...

How much do you currently weigh?

I weighed 206 last week but today I weighed 199.6 in the morning but currently weigh 201.6 right now

what I'm more concerned about is what kind of salad is 900 cals? Was it 3 chicken breast with forty fucking croutons plus some lettuce

Remember to swim and use elliptical machines if you're too fat, your knees and tendons need to be fine when you start serious training, ruining too early when you're too fat will just bust your legs.
It's more the habit than the time you do exercise, build a good habit and slowly add more time to your routine, being constant it's one of the most important steps to lose weight.
Moderate yourself with the food, learn when to eat and how much to eat, don't exceed yourself.

I know you fat anons can do it, a healthier life is a better life.

*Running
Dumb auto corrector

You probably don't need to worry then. Just make sure you're not going over by some outrageous amount.

Nah I usually go over by 200-500 every day so I was worrying a bit

i literally only ate junk food today
>one slice of pizza
>taco bell cravings meal (burrito, 2 tacos, nachos)
luckily i still came in below my calorie goal

of sodium yes. Not grams but mg

I love eating. One of the few things that i actually enjoy. And drinking sugary drinks. I can get light versions of that.

But what do i do about eating? Today i had some leftover food i ordered and thought about ordering more but after i ate it, thought was gone and i was mad that i actually ordered junk food and wasted money.

Then i got hungry and made some pasta with chicken. I ate 1 plate. It was enough but i ate another. It is allright, i haven't eaten much all day. I was full now. But i got the third plate. I was full, my stomach was hurting. But i kept eating. I had no control.

How anons? How do i keep self control?

That's like 15-25% over, which isn't really that bad. Because you're not that heavy it's something you can probably not stress over.

It'd still help if you eat less ramen noodles.

>got taco bell
>fast next day
>lost weight

>got pizza
>fast next day
>lost weight

I think I found the secret

I'm not the guy who eats ramen noodles.

LOL this can't be a fucking real person eating all this shit? I'm fat 300lb right now and im doing keto and i eat less than 20 grams of carbs per day and I only eat once every 24h with 5 day fasts at least once a month, what the fuck are you trying to do??? u wont lose weight like that

Why is your calorie goal so damn high? Please turn that shit down to no activity level and calculate exercise separately.

I had a nug meal at McDonald's and I just want to end my suffering

KETOGENIC DIET

you fat fuck, you keep eating because you eat high carb low fat you noob

Hey thanks for the advice famalam, was gonna start doing Sean's "Stripped" 5x5 work out routine but wanted a way to tackle it. yeah I was going to do KETO but Veeky Forums redpilled me and turns out its shit, esp for really obese people. So I think I'm just gonna follow a low carb low fat diet from now on and cut 500 calories every 2 weeks until i get down to the amount I want for maximum weight loss.

it's set at lightly active, changing it to not very active only decreases the calorie goal to 1,940. probably because i'm like 300lbs

I thought about that but i am lazy, i just can't do it day after day and doing keto means cooking all the time. One of my main problems is that i can't keep going, i am a lazy fat fuck

Ellipticals get a bad wrap here, but I'm enjoying the elliptical machine so much I'm debating buying an elliptical bicycle.

Any fatty interested in running should start out on an elliptical for a good, safe cardio workout.

>2 pizzas and a garlic bread
>6 beers

+2 kg

Day 14 of water fast

Today was a pretty easy day, even when i was working, i didnt get any nausea or head rushes.

Zero cravings or hunger pangs, i hope most days go like this from now on cos its been the easiest day since days 4-7

Starting weight 262lb
Current weight 235lb
Goal weight - 170-180lb

nice to see you're still going at it. Gonna fast on sunday but I'm afraid to do long fasts because of re feeding syndrome.

You don't eat at all, all you do is drink water?
Don't you lift or exercise?

when you're obese your body fat provides you with enough calories to survive, that's what it's there for. he's essentially eating a maintenance everyday

wont this crash your metabolism?

3-4L of water and vitamins - biotin,multivitamin, electrolyte pills x2 (sodium and potassium)

2 mile walk cardio, and some light free weights with a lot of reps to minimise muscle-wasting.

Yeah, part of the reason i'm fasting is to reset my cravings/taste buds away from shitty sweets and rich high kcal foods, used to buy like steak pastries which were like 500 kcals per one or cookies etc.

I've planned out a diet to reintroduce food back into my diet, adapted from online sources as well as other faster's diets.

This typically involves breaking the fast with easily digestible foods e.g. probiotics/vegetables/watermelon whilst maintaining a low calorie diet and slowly increase the amount of calories and foods i eat.

As my metabolism has slowed by approx 30%, i dont wanna overeat or do some stupid shit like get a takeaway when i break the fast.

In any case, if i find myself gaining too much weight, i'll do intermittent fasting whilst with a low kcal diet.

It's different from a low kcal diet, in a low calorie diet, your metabolism can slow down by your body adjusting to the intake it's getting, especially if you're doing a dirty diet with lots of carbs.

However, since your digestive system usually accounts for 20-30% of your BMR, my metabolism has likely slowed by 20-30%.

It also seems to be noted in fasting studies that in those with a higher bodyfat percentage; the body more readibly breaks down your body fat; allowing for a consistent 1-1.5 pounds of weight loss per day. (also been noted in morbidly obese to rise to 2-3 pounds)

i finished a 21 day water fast yesterday, good luck user, it's an amazing feeling once you do it and after that the rest is fucking easy, i had a high fat high protein low carb refeed day today and everything tasted like fucking chocolate cake after not eating for 21 days. Remember that re feeding syndrome is a meme unless you fast for like 100 days and lose all of your phosphorus reserves in your bones (it takes that long to burn through them) which is what happened to the prisoners in ww2 and the holocaust, my body received the food extremely well and even now i feel full as fuck. I ate a variety of hard boiled eggs, nuts, and cheese. gonna switch it to 22/2 fasting again which is what i've been doing for 2 years to lose 120lbs and maybe fast for 2 weeks to get ready for my birthday and if everything goes well i'll hit that 200 mark which i honestly haven't seen since middle school

please, please understand user that the gain weight after a fast is completely normal, in fact i'd be fucking scared shitless if i still lost weight 1 week after breaking a fast,

One pound of fat requires 3500 calories to burn off your body, so the estimate is that one overweight male will lose 3.5 to 4lb of FAT a week while water fasting, the weight that you gain is water and the constant food in your digestive track, it's not your metabolism slowing down (which in fact goes up while fasting, but returns to normal shortly after breaking a fast)

wtf u talking about? cooking all the time? i eat once a day and get all my macros... and dont feel hunger until the next day, so i make food ONCE per day lol wtf get with it dude

Wow congratulations man, thats a hell of a achievement, is it your first fast? and did you have any weakness/fatigue towards the end?

I guess in the sense, that i dont wanna fall back into bad habits like stuffing my face with a bunch of crisps and foods.

I thought your metabolism slowed down a bit whilst fasting due to the digestive system basically shutting down/low usage which accounts for like 20-30% of the energy you need?

>tfw had a bread bowl at fisherman's warf at pier 39
>they bread bowl place was going to close
>tfw they gave me all kinds of shrimp and calamari
>binged

in one month it will the 2 year mark of my weight loss journey, i just need to lose 2 more pounds to hit the 100 lbs mark so i'm pretty sure i'll meet that goal but itgot me thinking... how long have you guys been doing this for? regardless if you're a newcomer or lost 90 lbs the first year but only 10 the second, tell me about it, i'm interested

I finally convinced my gf (who is overweight) to start lifting with me, but she's super self conscious and thinks a bunch of chads are gonna slink out and make fun of her as soon as she picks up a barbell.

Any advice on what to tell her? I try telling her nobody pays attention to what other people are doing most of the time but I don't think she believes me.

Once she loses weight and guys start to pay attention to her she's definitely gonna cheat. All insecure girls are the same, as soon as they realize they can get any guy they want they'll cheat.

i fasted for 5-7 days multiple times this year and this might sound weird, but i got a new job that has me moving around a giant ass campus from 2pm to 9pm and it made fasting so much easier than before so i just said fuck it and went for 3 weeks. Boredom your worst enemy while you water fast

I never really felt tired after the first 3 days, but i decided to break it because 3 weeks was my goal and anything longer than that doesn't sound practical to me, might as well just do 22/2 for a few weeks and then fast again.

anyone who is at the gym is unhappy with their own body and working to improve. the fact that you're there at all and trying is admirable.

nobody cares at the gym. everyone starts somewhere and everyone there is trying to improve.

yeah definitely, being able to do something with your time makes you forget about being hungry or wanting food.

I kinda learned during this water fast that I would snack on stuff out of boredom whilst watching tv shows or reading; a bad habit i hope to stop doing

I see a couple of people on my local trail with one

Kay lol.
That's a good point, I hadn't thought of mentioning that.

Dude, you pretty much only post about failure here. How hard are you actually trying?

Hmm so a cauliflower pizza crust actually ends up being almost as calorie heavy as a flour crust since you have to add an egg and some cheese and use like 2lbs of cauliflower.

I guess it shuld just be used as a low carb or gluten free kind of thing. I will stick with flour for now then.

Nice going!
I only started on September 2nd but doing great so far.

Stopped going to the gym since I started college. Finally checked my wieght again after 2 months and I managed to maintain my wieght which is good. Cancelled my gym membership since I'm gonna be using my schools gym from now on.

please eat user

SW: 350lb
CW: 255lb
GW: 160ish
248 days

I just got back from the hospital, I passed out the other day and apparently I have early onset type 2 beetus. They weighed me in at 530lbs. Doc says I might not live another 10 years if I keep things up this way. Plz just tell me what to do.

You lost 27lbs in two weeks? Holy shit.

I'm getting closer to the endzone, lads. Down to 160 @ 18% bf, but I feel like I look exactly the same as I did at 25% bf after the initial water weight. Eating 1200 calories a day.

Question for my senpais: what should my lifts look like while cutting like this? I get 1.5x my bw in lbs in protein in grams (wordy but hope you catch my meaning), and my lifts have stayed relatively the same as when I started cutting and I've been using this time to focus on improving my form (my deadlift even went up...once), but today I had to drop the weight on my squat from 225 to 205 for 3x5. Is this expected or should I be worried? According to losertown, I'll be at 155lbs by halloween so I'm worried if I keep going to 10% bf, I'll be back to squatting lmao 1pl8

Started April 15th this year, didn't even realize I'm at exactly the half year mark until just now. I'm 5'11 and was 240lbs, now down to 165lbs. My goal is to get to about 150lbs and then start lifting/bulking.

Congrats on almost hitting the 100lb mark. I would love to get there but the last 10lbs have been much harder to lose than the first 60lbs were. It might take me another year if I wanted to drop to 140lbs.

put down the forklift

I'm in the same boat m8. My gut and chest are holding onto my excess fat for dear life it seems. Everything else looks better but I still have a fatties gut. I'm just gonna cut to around 15% bf or so and then work on lifting/bulking. I feel like I might have to go into an underweight BMI to get rid of all my gut fat and I don't want to risk that. I'd rather focus on building muscle and then perhaps go back later and cut more fat.

>he cares about how much he can lift
lmao it's like you are a teenager first time going to gym

It doesnt matter how much you squat or deadlift. What matters is the work out and burn in your muscles. I understand it feels bad to lift less but it's not important to lift more than you can

Use the links in the OP to figure out your TDEE and then the losertown link to plan how much weight you can lose every week.
Right now, the most important thing you need to focus on is counting your calories and you'll drop the weight fast with how obese you are. You don't even need to bother with exercise at this moment because you'd honestly probably just hurt yourself.
Try to incorporate healthy foods that aren't processed into your diet. Perhaps look into the keto diet. Some people riff on it, but it's extremely useful for someone extremely overweight and others with certain conditions.
Buy a kitchen scale and weigh food. They're only about $10-$12, so it's a good investment.

If I'm lifting less it means I'm getting weaker, I don't care about the numbers themselves

Don't get on that train, man, or you'll foreverially stay skinnyfat. Just perservere

About losertown weight loss planner

If I work out at gym 4 times (lifting and doing actual program) + walk 30-60minutes every day then is that light or moderate physical activity? that's basically all physical activity I do

I found these 90cal ice cream cups.

God I missed ice cream. I know sugar is the devil and stuff, but goddamn.

I know about halo top, they don't sell it where I'm living.

Sedentary. If you were "active", you'd know to put "active." And if you are underestimating your activity level, that just means you'll progress faster than expected.

If you really do work out that much and get in a solid amount of steps a day then you would probably be safe putting moderate physical activity. But like the other user said, it's really just best to put sedentary. That accounts for some physical activity but keeps you from ever going overboard on calories.

I have a friend who has been counting his burned calories with a fitbit and he subtracts them from what he's eaten throughout the day and he has been losing a lot less weight lately.

>have a friend who has been counting his burned calories with a fitbit and he subtracts them from what he's eaten throughout the day

So he's just eating at maintenance then? Of course he won't lose any weight.

No, he calculates it so he ends up at a 500 calorie deficit. So basically he will subtract his bmr from the calories he has eaten and then also subtracts however many calories he has burned through the day. And if he wants to eat more he'll just run a mile or something until he burns enough calories.

It's fucking dumb even though in theory it should work, but of course it doesn't. Basically, people who work out just so they can eat more are doing it wrong.

It's probably what he's eating. If he's just chowing on carbs, his body will utilize those before it starts using his fat stores, so of course he won't see any progress. Also, despite Veeky Forums's zealotry for CICO as the be-all end-all of weight manipulation, there really is more to it. Running a lot will probably mean he's getting low on blood glucose which will turn up the cortisol, making it even HARDER for him to burn through his fat stores. Tell him to stop being a calorie-jew and just eat less.

I went from heavily obese to overweight and I've been languishing in that state instead of going the extra mile to full Veeky Forums because life keeps heaping shit on me so I find excuses not to.

I think that part of it is due to his metabolism having slowed down since starting dieting. Also, he may have an inaccurate BMR estimate as well as his fitbit may not be counting burned calories accurately.

I tell him the best method is to just measure TDEE at sedentary and eat 500 cals or more below that but I think he's obsessed with the idea of being able to just burn more calories so he can eat more food if decides he wants more.

1. are cold showers meme?
2. I feel bad because I'm getting to a point where I've lost a decent amount of weight but my core is still flabby and my gut is still visible.
What are the best core exercises? Is swimming enough by itself?
Some people say deadlifts and squats are good, some say they're a meme, so I don't know what to believe.

>1. are cold showers meme?
to burn calories or something like that? yes

2. Training with free weights while usually standing is good for your core. Also squats and deadlift. If you only do machines and sit then your core is not active while you train. Also training abs

>I have a friend who has been counting his burned calories with a fitbit and he subtracts them from what he's eaten throughout the day and he has been losing a lot less weight lately.

I fell into this trap too. Always put sedentary into your calculations unless you're trying to maintain.

Any extra burn is just a bonus per day. I stalled out completely trying to be accurate with the calorie deficit. Something doesn't add up with the exercise burning calculators.

I've read they activate brown fat, which is supposed to induce fat burning. I've lost 2 stone since I did start taking cold showers but it could be placebo because I did other things like 30 push-ups daily and 7 pull ups daily.

just had a kebab and i already regret it. looks like i have to go on a 2 hour walk today.

is alternative fasting a good way to lose weight? im obese (34 bmi) and i find going a day without eating pretty easy

is 1600 kcal feast day with

water fasting works you fat cunt.

It works in the short term, just like meme diets. So it's fine for a routine cut.

But fatties don't know how to eat in a sustainable way to begin with, so those short term solutions are not a great idea for anyone who still needs to learn to eat healthier for the rest of their lives.

Unless you plan on water fasting routinely forever, and I highly doubt that's the case for most people.

Eat lots of brown rice and other brown foods. That’s the best way to compare brown fat.

>cooked diced onions, corn beef hash, and eggs
>even made one pancake with a cinnamon dash
>tfw its so good
>tfw on dnp

ITS LIKE THE CALORIES DON'T EVEN EXIST

DOWN 10LBS IN 7 DAYS

>taking actual poison that could kill you to speed up a process that would otherwise be completely safe

You sound like a guy who is totally going to make it.

>wah wah wah muh pseudoscience
you sound like a ham galaxy

yeah man just be a fat fuck half the time and eventually you'll lose weight!!!

>pseudoscience

Do you know what that means?

Get your affairs in order

>a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Well that was the first result ham space station.

So we can break that down a bit more for you:
>collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded...

So you hold a collection of beliefs that note that X is inherently bad you for...

What is basically means is you're uneducated peddling falsehoods here piggy. oink oink

That's stupid. Just drop the idea now, from your post it's clear you're already getting ahead of yourself with misplaced optimism. Commit to the cut. If you can't do that, there's not really a point in getting skinny.

I know you are trolling, but fuck man DNP is acutely toxic. It cause cataracts, skin lesions, and fatal hyperthermia.

Don't do drugs, kids.

I was constipated for like two weeks, and my scale didn't move for that amount of time no matter how hard I worked out and ate well, but I finally took a ginormous, painful shit last night after eating a lot of fiber yesterday and this morning I'm down 2 and a half pounds. At least I'm not plugged up anymore though

how is it stupid? even on feast days i would eat below TDEE