I can't take coldshowers anymore

When I take cold shower I get some kind of allergic reacton after I step out, it was my 2nd time I got this, my skin becomes red as soon as I step out of the shower and it starts to itch, on my hands there are red nettle-sting like things and I'm affraid I have to stop and get back to hot water, because it isn't healthy.

>allergic to water
how are you even alive?

here we go

A ton of shit can be causing this.
Parasitic insects (fleas/lice), fungal infections, cholinergic urticaria...
Odds are it is just the temperature and the chlorine in the water.
Consult your doctor/dermatologist.

you have aids

I'm a virgin and I wash my hands.

Hitler approves.

What kind of soap do you use?

it kinda happens to me too in cold water, salty water in the ocean or in the presence of animals. in my case its been getting better lately so i dont really worry. its nothing life threatening so stop being a faggot

You have bad circulation, keep doing the cold-hot-cold water switches and do more cardio. Niacin may help as well.

Google Cold Urticaria, this is probably what you have

it's because you rub too hard with your towel after your shower. try airdrying next time and see what happens. or at the most dab instead of rub yourself with the towel.

fpbp

water might have contaminants.

I wanna get into taking cold showers
How do I go about this? Is there a progression to withstanding the cold?

3x suckitthefuckup to failure

I'd recommend not starting out with cold turkey (so to speak). Try a lukewarm shower, then a cool shower, and then cold, and then frigid. Basically, the rule should always be "uncomfortably cool"

My anorexia ex-GF had this shit... uticaria ? I think it was called.

I'm too bitch made to go straight to ice cold bruh, I want a progression

thanks mate. I've been trying to shower with cold water during the end of showering but I often forget to turn it to cold and I haven't made any progress. I'll try to go from cold to colder next week, hopefully I'll be showering without turning on the heater at all by the end of it.

School me bruhs what are the advantages of cold showers

At best, less acne. That's about it.

cols showers will make your testosterone levels go up, your social anxiety will disappear, girls will find you more attractive by default, you will have way more sex, make more friends, and get any girlfriend you want, along with your lifts doubling within a month of starting them

just like the benefits not masturbating gives you

Better skin
Better hair
Better inmune system
And it's much more eco friendly
Also, after workout, a cold shower will make your fibers contract, relaxing them and improving recovery.

Why are you having cold showers?
Isolate the problem. Go buy 4 litre bottle of water from supermarket put ice in it and have a bushman's shower. If you don't react then there's something in your water at home. If you do react then you have a systemic problem

I just shower immediately after workouts, I'm sweaty and sticky and hate it. Cold showers are fucking bliss then. Did that all the time now I just like the feeling, bit of a turn on now desu... no homo

i actually had the exact same thing happen to me years ago but with extremely hot water. looking at your picture OP, and i had the exact same thing, in the exact same place on my arms and also on my legs to even worse extent.

I started using lukewarm water and taking fast showers and it went away in a couple weeks.

has never come up again in my life since then so i imagine youll have a similar experience but you need to take a break from both hot/cold water. I think it was actually skin shock related to sever and rapid temperature changes

I had that happen to me once OP. I had run a marathon and wanted to make a DIY ice bath, so i took the contents of my freezer's ice maker and put it in my bath tub, then covered it with cold water.

The ice/water combo was only crotch height when lying down. I was only able to sit in it for 2-3 minutes, and when I get out, I had those same bumps all over my ass and legs and my ass and legs were completely red like i was sunburned and itched like hell

Luckily it went away after a few hours out of the tub

I didn't know that that would happen

I have this too op, everytime its really cold out, I'm a pool or the beach I get huge red welts, pretty shit but I just try to avoid being super cold as much as I can

Just do it you silky skinned faggot

makes you a tough boy

its possibly hives. Anti-histamines help but there is not much else to do

Get yourself checked for mast cells problems, either MCAS or Mastocytosis.

Check yon bathroom for mold

Hey OP I actually know what this is as I have the same thing. It's called cold urticaria. Basically cold causes certain proteins in your body to change shape slightly which the body then registers as allergens. Shit sucks but don't kill you, don't worry

the more you think about it the worse it'll be, it's like jumping into a pool. Stand under the shower-head, look straight ahead, and just open the cold water all the way. Start washing immediately so you can ignore the cold and you'll be used to it in less than two minutes.

It's very unlikely the water in your shower can get cold enough to hurt you. Once your body realizes it's just cold, you'll be fine.

shower after the sauna you'll WANT a cold shower

take tepid showers then

I don't have access to a sauna, but I'll try hitting the shower immediately after my next workout, hopefully it'll be easier

fair enough mate, I already said I'm bitch made on that aspect, I'll try getting better

I've ended up thinking it's mainly psychological, I've been hitting the beach every summer and I've swam in much colder waters than my shower. Maybe it's the fact that it's water coming from a shower head and not full on immersion that forces you to adapt that causes me to chicken out. I've looked it up and apparently the water needs to be near freezing to have the capability to cause any type of damage, so I'll harden the fuck up and take it on tomorrow

thanks for the replies guys, i've been wanting to get used to cold showers for some time now

It's so easy just have a normal shower and turn it down. It actually feels really good, I don't even go back up to warm