Any military fags here?

Any military fags here?

>how does your job affect your lifting?
>wbranch/job is best for maintaining and gaining muscle?
>how hard is it to run a consistent routine while on deployments?
>how hard is it to be on a diet?

bump for interest. joining aus army after graduating next year, am i gonna lose ti all?

Op here, considering going aircrew in the navy, am I fucked for gains?

Yes its very hard to maintain in a combat core with bulk cardio and huge sessions/field that wreck your body. Being a civie and getting big is easy. We overtrain alot and get injuries. Good thing is you will get some mental toughness and muscular endurance.

Aviation Mechanic in the USMC here

I work a typical 8-9 hour day so I have time to lift, but there are others on the flight line who work 12 hour shifts. I wouldn't have the energy to lift after that.

What are the gyms like stateside? And on deployment?

I'm in Hawaii right now, the gym is well stocked and has everything you could want and like 12 squat racks. It gets pretty crowded right after work, but it's not too bad.

Unfortunately, my MOS hardly deploys so I have not had the opportunity to go on one yet.

was in US army. it really depends on your MOS.

if you
1) go on field training exercises a lot (meaning you fuck off innawoods with your company for god knows how many weeks to train being deployed) so no lifting and shitty diet of MREs + little sleep
2) and of course deployment aint exactly easy for gains either depending on the scenario, although sometimes there will be weights. if you get to use them. some MOSs are only back in garrison 6 months on average before they deploy again

also, keep in mind that you have to do PT every morning workday, so if you're sore from actually lifting and then you have to go on mandatory runs and pushups and shit, you can end up in bad shape. I had shin splints like a motherfucker all the time. if you end up in a more laid back POG MOS you can get away with keeping your routine going almost your whole career.

a lot of factors to consider but overall, yeah, the military can make lifting a giant pain in the ass.

Where do all the aircraft go when the carriers go into maintenance like that? That must be one hell of an effort getting dozens of jets off and back on again.

Or are they inside the aircraft? I don't get it.

fuck off, i was 6316 for c-130s and we worked 12-16 hour days 6 days a week easily for years. fuck you and your 8-9 hour days

O level sounds so fucking miserable, I never want to leave I-level

Navyfag here. I'm on an Ohio class submarine so it's actually pretty sweet. Easy to bulk while on shore, then cut underway. The base gym is pretty awesome and there's enough equipment on the boat to make do. Underway you only eat two meals a day, and you don't have as much access to junk food all the time.

Need some advice milbros

> always wanted to be a soldier
> joined the army straight out of HS
> served my time and left again, wanted the normie life
> this was six years ago, realize I hate normie life the last couple of years
> keep dreaming of walking around in green out in the woods
> miss my rifle (416 approaching age limit
> want to quit my current job
> been lifting for a couple of years just to feel alive
> all my """friends"""" and family advices me to not go

I am definitely quitting my normie job within a year
but do you guys have any advice on how to make this decision?
I'm afraid of regretting it for the rest of my life if I don't go back right now..

no dude, there are plenty of big rigs in the army, depends what job how much you will get fucked around.

What happens if you're a fat load when you hit BCT?

I put on about 6 lbs since MEPs, in decent enough shape to be under the max weight and I'll nail the BF% if they need to tape me but my fucking cardio still sucks balls and my push-ups and sit-ups are just barely over the minimum for the end of AIT's APFT.

Any of you fucks been in fat camp? Am I shit out of luck?

There is literally no reason why you shouldn't follow your dreams. Be happy that you jnow what you want in life.
Me, I don't have that luxory. I have no ambitions and no dreams.
Go slay some sandniggers, user, make us proud.

thx mate, I'm setting up dates with some of the guys I served with, the ones who kept going.
Gonna try to get some inside info on where the good stuff is happening these days.
I'm probably choosing the army again, but I'm also considering the air force. Might be cozy

There are new fitness tests since last time I went, it's gonna be so easy.
Top grade on pullups for instance: 10 reps without any added weight, lmao
I've gained 20kg muscle since leaving thanks to you guys, I just hope the added weight
don't wreck my legs when we're out marching long distance.

I was in a similar position as you. Now im in my fifth year, I never regretted it. If you want it you should def do it. Dont listen to your normie friends, they dont know shit.

Glad to hear it friend. How did you pick branch?
or direction within the system in general?

I enlisted in the same batallion I did my conscription. I advice you to make up your own mind when it comes to this.

I would if I could but my old batallion is gone, same with my old base. I was trained as a tank driving squad leader, so maybe I'll join the cavalry since I have relevant training already

Non-US here
>job
Has me driving around all the time, can't maintain a consistent schedule
>best job
Base gym instructor, or any instructor that doesn't involve you being on constant errands or missions. Basically non-combat
>consistency
See above
>diet
It's army. You're not gonna have a good diet if our bases' cafeterias are at all similar. It's a base of white rice/oily pasta, salty/oily salads and a middling amount of meat-based protein. The people who are willing to invest head out to the town nearby to buy their own groceries, or make good connections with the cooks

I'll just stay it's very very dependent on the base's conditions and what they do with their gyms and cafeterias. I've been to bases with very nice, brand new gyms with rows of fully equipped cages and multiple cafeterias, and I've been to bases that had no gym at all and cockroaches running in between the tables in the cafeteria

As a ground trooper/grunt the majority of your army-provided physical exercise is a lot of endurance and some upper body bodyweight work

You going officer or soldier?

legal officer mate. not confirmed but should be good

Get paid to work out
Get paid to carry a full automatic rifle
Get access to the most bad ass gear for free
Sometimes get to set off explosives n shiet

Fuck me boys, I have to go back

Now that I'm Veeky Forums it will even be easy

>tfw on fast attack
>tfw only ever in port for a week
How am I supposed to make gains like this

Does the navy have gyms on carriers?
Im sick of college already but Im asthmatic so no army or marines for me

Just be a POG and work won't interfere as much as you think. Plus, you can juice if you want, since it is a expensive test that has to be requested and then approved by the CO. Just don't be an angry autistic retard, people still think jeff seid and mike o hearn are natty so just changes in physique wont really throw up red flags.
(Speaking on behalf of burgerland military)

how fucking retarded do you have to be to seriously join the military lmao

Yeah it does but have fun squatting and twisting your knee open when it rocks. Might have made them into smith machine only by now though, it's been awhile for me.

Its mostly the poor, unmotivated, or psychotic that join

Is it chill in the navy?