Psoriasis

Anybody else affected by the fucking blight that is psoriasis?

I've been having a really bad fucking week, Veeky Forums, my head is itching like a motherfucker, my scalp feels like it's getting tugged on by my hair.

It's causing a lot of hair to fall out too. Anybody got any general/specific tips for dealing with it? Can't put moisturiser on my scalp with my hair this length.

On top of that it's causing my face to be dry and itchy. It fucking sucks.

Call your doc and ask for this.

I have it super bad and this clears it up. Your hair will grow back when it's cleared up.

Bump for OP

use moo goo products. i had terrible shit on my scalp for years. tried everything. moo goo literally fixed it in 2 weeks. the shampoo conditioner and scalp cream. gl user.

My son has this. It's all over his arms

Dead sea salt products seem to help quite a bit

i have it all over my scalp and i use dr bronner's to wash my hair which i'm pretty sure does nothing to help.

Coal tar shampoo works for me.

T/gel by neutrogena is a top brand. Walmart and Walgreens have a generic for cheaper.

Use this exact version of head and shoulders. No other one will do. Tried everything and this one is a miracle.

Has to be this exact version tho. Dont know why this one works but it does.

Selenium Sulfide based stuff works for me.

That's because the Zinc pyrithione is the active ingredient, any shampoo with a 5% of it will work like a charm.

Also recommended are salicylic acid and selenium sulfide based shampoos.

I don't remember the exact reasons but our dermatology teacher told us to alternate shampoos for best effect.

I use coal tar shampoo and it does the trick, but I've read that it's carcinogenic. Salt water apparently works well, and I recall not getting psoriasis when I went to the beach often
>tfw beach water temp where I live is max 14 degrees

Might be the sun. Sun beds are a form of treatment for it. My sons clears up in the summer and returns in the winter

Hi everyone OP here.

My issue is that while I have a really dry scalp, I also have really light fine hair. Not thinning, just the strands themselves are fine, it's like that for my whole family but without the psoriasis.

Because of this it gets really greasy and weighed down by heavier shampoos I think.

I looked up moo good on Amazon, is it the cream one? I imagine that would only soften your scalp, it might be heavy though

I've always thought of head and shoulders as a worse brand, can anyone with more knowledge verify? I'm worried it'd fry my skin

I just don't give a fuck and have a comb-over to that side which hides it enough. But I like conservative 50s haircuts.

>psoriasis
Ah nevermind, I thought it was the word for having a slight balding on that side of your hair line. I guess I need to watch more Rigg&Maury

My doc prescribed me nizoral 5% for psoriasis. It worked, but if I missed a wash with it, it came back pretty quick. I also found after extended use (everyday for 5 years) it started to irritate my scalp.
Currently using T gel coal tar shampoo, which smells like shit, but works pretty well. You need to use it everyday and leave it on for around 10 mins until you wash it off though. I also bought myself a boar bristle brush, which massages the scalp in the hopes that increased circulation would decrease psoriasis build up.
You have my sympathies m8, psoriasis fucking sucks.

I should add, you can use the shampoo on your face too. I find either E45 cream or qv cream work well too.

Kelual DS by Ducray is recommended by uni dermatologists in my country... works pretty well and fast.

my ex had medium severe Psorasis, tried a couple of drugs but nothing worked.
then tried Phototherapy (i.e. sunbeds) and it worked like a charm in the long run. 100% recommend.

i should probably add that phototherapy increases chance of skin cancer and is therefore only prescribed when it is really needed. say you are extremely depressed, cant sleep etc. because of the Psorasis and they will let you.

OP again, I've been looking into sunbeds for like a few minutes at a time, couple times a week

Tbf I live in Ireland so there's basically no residual sunlight, I don't think I'm getting skin cancer anytime soon

They make this in a mousse foam that is easier to get to your scalp. Periggo or something is the manufacturer. Works great, expensive as fuck.