Does caloric restriction (-500) stunt growth?

I want to cut to maximize facial aesthetics, but at the same time, I'm afraid it'll stunt my growth.

Will it?

and I mean growth as in height.

bad idea to go on calorific deficiency if you're still growing up

Not sure but I wouldn't risk it if you're still growing. Focus on cutting out bad food and keeping hydrated

This. There is not really much more to say here.

What if it's a really small deficit?

How old are you

no. obesity has been proven to reduce final adult height

Lol brah's face looks so weird

I had an eating disorder when I was 15. I got down to 15 BMI and ate 600 calories for months.

I'm 6'2" now. I was already 6 foot at 15. i wonder if I would have made it to 6'3" - 6'4" if I didn't spend months malnourished.

Yes. You shouldn't even think about cutting until you're like 21 unless you're a mega fatcel.

No dipshit. Height has nothing to do with nutrition. It's entirely genetic

Yea mate :^)

I don't know. I was malnourished between the years of 11-16, and I'm a manlet. Then again, my mother is very short, so I'm not sure. I was always destined to be short to some degree, but my malnutrition most likely has played a significant factor in that too.
>For the record, I'm 5'5"

being fat isn't good for your hormones

Last weekend I ate a shitload of pizza, I swear I lost about 2 points in facial aesthetics from the sodium bloat.

How are you not Underage B& yet?

I'm almost a foot shorter than my sister due to ED in my teens.

Well, I skipped both breakfast and lunch entirely and basically lived off the dinner I had every night. My parents are both around 5'3" and I made it to 6'2". I ate like this from age 12 to 18.

I'm 18 you dumb piece of shit

How many calories approx. was your dinner? Must've been a huge one

Link?
Please user

>Does caloric restriction (-500) stunt growth?
Yes, of course.
In order to growth, you need to be in anabolic state. The one reason why you keep a caloric deficit is to never get a surplus (duh) so you're rather limiting yourself to catabolic state thus losing weight. The basics are all the same be it muscle, fat, bones etc. That's why malnutrition during infancy and teens is such a big deal.

Of course, you're still growing some centimeters if you're in your mid teens, despite caloric deficit, just like a fatass would be able to gain some muscle while losing weight on his first months at gym.

As a anecdote, when I played basketball at amateur lvl, I had two friends who were twins: one was almost 190cm tall, at least 100kg; the other, barely 170cm and 60kg. The only difference between one and the other was nutrition: since they both were kids, the heavier one would eat his meal AND his brothers meal, and what else he could grab; while the shorter twin would often eat small portion or even pass on the meal in order to play vidya first and shit. kek

Really amazes me how people on Veeky Forums are talking about high lvl nutrition, PEDs and such but are usually unable to grasp basic ideas (eg your question).

Absolutely. Don't eat less. Work harder and get all the nutrients you need.

But my face looks like shit above 12% bodyfat

Do more cardio... If you're that young, you're literally able to do cardio every day for hours.
This is the very rare scenario where you get both to lose fat and gain muscle.

If I eat at a caloric surplus but burn off excess calories by cardio, will I grow?