German Volume Training

Anyone here try german volume training? Basic concept is 10x10 of compounds with 60 second rests. Have not found a good 4 day split and tried making one up on the fly. Not a lot of thought went into this yet so I'm welcome to criticism.

ABxCDxx

> (A) Chest/Upper Back
Bench Press 10x10
Barbell Row 10x10
Cable crossover 3x10
Face Pulls 3x10
Plank 3x60s

>(B) Legs/Abs
RDL 10x10
Leg Press 10x10
Standing Calf Raisers 3x10
Calf Raisers 3x10
Cable Crunch 3x10

>(C) Shoulders/Lats
OHP 10x10
Lat Pulldown/Pullup 10x10
Reverse Flies 3x10
Lat Pushdown 3x10
Plank 3x60s

>(D) Arms/Legs
Dips 10x10
DB Curls 10x10
Hamstring Curls 3x10
Quad Extension 3x10
Cable Crunch 3x10

Can't squat or conventional deadlift due to a hip injury.

Try it for a month and see what happens. If you get bigger, great, if not, reconsider.

Hope you're juicing

This is what I was planning anyways, just wondering if anybody has recommendations on GVT or the specific exercises I chose here as far as balance.

It's not even 30 sets per day, it might be tiring but that volume isn't even that high.

>30 sets per day
>that volume isn't even that high.
I hope you're eating like a pig and sleeping like a princess or roiding like Arnold

>Basic concept is 10x10 of compounds
have you ever worked out before?
you'd have to do very light weight unless it's a changing weight each set

>german volume training
>run from rapists x10
>evade truck x10

>Jew toss x 10
>Stoke fire x 10
>Ash shovel x 10

30 sets is literally normal for a hypertrophy routine.

Yes, 4 years lifting. I understand that. There will still be hypertrophy even if I go from 225x10 on the first sets of bench to 185 or 155 by the end.

30 sets is far too much bro. GVT isn't supposed to be done like that. If you GVT bench, you do no more pressing that day.

Ever heard of maximum recoverable volume? You might be able to sustain that volume for a very short time but you'll build up so much fatigue that your lifts will decrease.

>30 sets is far too much bro. GVT isn't supposed to be done like that
Disagree on this, I usually run 25-40 sets per day and have for years.

>If you GVT bench, you do no more pressing that day.
Yeah, I have 10x10 bench and then no more pressing that day, a 2 day rest, then 10x10 OHP and no more pressing that day either.

Wasn't able to find a 4 day GVT split so I'm going to make an attempt with this.

Hold up, do you mean 25-40 sets for one muscle group or 25-40 sets total?

What is there for Triceps in this program? Asking because my biceps are noticeably bigger than tris and have to work them to even out.

Mfw they are both still small as fuck

What percent of 1RM should I use?

25-40 sets total each day, spread across whatever muscle groups I'm working in that day of a program.

Dips on the last day, plus Tricep used in all pressing. I am the opposite and have huge triceps but small biceps.

No idea, 10x10 with 60 second rests is probably going to limit you quite a bit.

i have been doing it for a month now around a month now ama

>i have been doing it for a month now around a month now
what did he mean with this?

jeff small now? He's going for Zyzz mode?

What do you think about the routine I posted in the OP?

GVT is done with 60% of your 1rm, you don't increase or lower the weight. also one minute breaks not 30 secs

) -:<
yeah looks alright, i shall post mine

flat dumbbell
pulldowns (w seperate handles)
was ez curls and skulls but joints werent liking it so now preacher curls and french press

incline bench
barbell rows
cable curls
cable tricep extensions

my squat/deadlift excuse is that i have never got along with them and i also have boxing and i dont want to be too fatigued for that.

i would recommend starting very low, it takes a while to get used to, once you do if you're anything like me once you get to weight where you're actually trying, after an increase you'll get the first 5 10 then be around 6/7 reps on the rest, then get 10x10 again within a couple sessions

Incorrect. If you make 10x10 with no forced reps or failed sets, you increase weight 5-10% next workout

ah yeah also i dont train legs cos my knee doesnt like it

It only works if you're German

Assuming you're American, there's no point trying

That pectoral gap wtf

Oh. Ok then bro my mistake. You'll prob make great gains, do us proud

Do it for a few months and take some before and after pictures. I'd be curious to see the results.

what a pathetic fucking workout