Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums

I'm 23 and want to take up boxing. Is it too late for me to become the next floyd mayweather? I honestly think I will have natural talent and I'm dedicated

Youre way too late. If you go to a serious gym they will use you as a prop to boost the confidence of their younger fighters they are grooming. Your best bet is to train to fight amateur and charity events for fun.

that's disheartened me a lot

You can do whatever you set your mind to. Work hard.

Bernard Hopkins started at 25 when he was serving an 18 year sentence in prison. He is one of the most entertaining and dominant fighters when he was in his prime. One thing he has always preached is that discipline is what got him to catch up and also keep him out of trouble while he served his sentence.

It's never too late to start something.

don't listen to this guy, he knwos nothing. thats not how you gonna be treated in a gym. if u have talent and the work ethic the trainer will notice you and take steps with you. but the next mayweather ? no, but you can try to become the best version of yourself ;) but keep in mind that the competition in boxing is huge, and these guys there are really good and they never make it. but you can only find it out if u tried it. so go for it. don't waste the time, with 23 there is no more time to waste.

not true tho, he started with 10 and kept training while in prison, after he got out he switcht to the pros.

It depens on how giftef you are

If you have pain tolerance, a solid chin, lots of fast twitch fibers and you retardly strong at your weight as well as good cardio, then you are there

You can still become fucking sick if you work hard. If you had the most unbelievable fast twitch fibers and were a complete natural then you could go very far, but being the next mayweather then no, you could get a fair few fights under your belt but you couldnt get to that level, you just dont have the time to accomplish all that. Just go the gym and start training, then you will know if you think you can.

>t. have really good talent and power but fucked up with injuries that Im recovering from

Ill be back...

You can't teach power. Some guys have it. Some guys don't. A half-descent boxing coach will know immediately whether or not you have a future as a boxer.

Similarly, a real modeling agency doesn't need $800 headshots to determine whether or not you have what it takes to be a model. Models are discovered walking on the street. A Polaroid is all it takes to determine whether or not you're pretty enough.

Anyways id you have unbeliavle fast twitch fibers go for sprinting, its easier and will probably give you more money

Enjoy losing 10 IQ points from head trauma

Adonis Stevenson started at that age I think
But then again he's black and has the best left in the business

shut up you pussy

enjoy staying a pussy for the rest of your life who can't defend himself and get butt raped by real men

like it matters if you watch rick and morty :^)

Yes you can definitely become the next mayweather. if you're 23 now and start training at least twice a week youll be as good as him by 25. Good luck!

most boxers are retired by 23
Just give up the dream old man

That depends, are you an illiterate woman beater, or do you think you could at least work you way up to that.

There will never be another floyd Mayweather

That positivism, daaamn. Still, i am 23 too, OP, i may start boxing too but i don't have that big dreams about it, just so that i get beaten several times and to know how to defend myself.

t. 23 white male that never ever actually was in a realy fight

how can white bois even compete?

potatoes man actually thought he had a chance...

Next Floyd?
What do you mean, like a woman beater?
Ya pretty much any man is capable of that...

Not too late OP. Dame Judy Dench didn't start acting until her 40s and she won awards and shit

>he can't afford losing 10
lmao brainlet

What? Did he went to prison when he was 7 or what?

I want to start amateur boxing mostly for fun, but I don't know of any gyms in my area, I'm already 21, have sustained probably over a dozen mostly minor concussions, and would probably end up on the short side of whichever weight class I would be in. What should I do?

find a club and join

Breh don't listen to this gypsy
I am in the same boat as you. I just started and I'm 23. I asked one of the guys who run my gym when he started and he began at age 25 and won some intercontinental titles.
It's harder when you're older I guess but fuck you're not going for a world title in a month's time.
Give it a fucking good go, and see where you end up.
Hell, if you're a heavy weight, it may even be me and you fighting it out for the world title one day.
Dream big user, you can do it. We all can.

give it a go OP. I fucking hate people who think your youth is over at 22-23. still young dude, go out and get it

Will lifting and doing a boxing regimen won't snap my shit and being a manlet light heavy wont get me destroyed?