I know we get a lot of althistoryfags, but I've been thinking. Hypothetically if the Confederacy won the civil war...

I know we get a lot of althistoryfags, but I've been thinking. Hypothetically if the Confederacy won the civil war, would it still use the Stars and Bars or switch to the Battle Flag? Would the stars increase if it gained more states?

Attached: 810px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_(1861-1863).svg.png (810x450, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15351299
pastebin.com/htx8ZzPr
nps.gov/civilwar/facts.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=p2GUCZxKAYk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This was the final national flag of the CSA, although a version without the red stripe had been adopted in 1863 and was more popular.

Forgot pic

Attached: 572937592375.png (900x600, 9K)

Depends on what year the CSA wins the war.

If the war ends prior to 1863, the South might opt to stick with the Stars and Bars. After 1863, they’ll probably continue development of the Stainless Banner.

I’m actually working on a pregnant Anne Frank fanfic right now with a sideplot where Anne embarrasses herself (and mildly angers her rescuers) by mistaking Confederates for Americans on account of their similar accents and flags. She finds the famed battle flag an almost alien symbol because it’s still exclusively used as a military flag (the CSA is known diplomatically for its use of the Stars and Bars). Peter is somewhat more knowledgeable of the Confederacy but still demonstrates a great deal of ignorance regarding the mysterious nation.

Attached: 0BE30FD2-69CE-4C5A-A350-F654695657FD.png (687x1117, 728K)

>Many Confederates disliked the Stars and Bars, seeing it as symbolic of the centralized federal power the Confederate states were seceding from.[18] As early as April 1861, a month after the flag's adoption, some were already criticizing the flag, calling it a "servile imitation" and a "detested parody" of the U.S. flag.[19] In January 1862, George William Bagby, writing for the Southern Literary Messenger, wrote that many Confederates disliked the flag. "Every body wants a new Confederate flag," Bagby wrote, also stating that "The present one is universally hated. It resembles the Yankee flag and that is enough to make it unutterably detestable." The editor of the Charleston Mercury expressed a similar view, stating that "It seems to be generally agreed that the 'Stars and Bars' will never do for us. They resemble too closely the dishonored 'Flag of Yankee Doodle' … we imagine that the 'Battle Flag' will become the Southern Flag by popular acclaim." In addition, William T. Thompson, the editor of the Savannah-based Daily Morning News also objected to the flag, due to its aesthetic similarity to the U.S. flag, which some Confederates negatively associated with emancipation and abolitionism. Thompson stated in April 1863 that he disliked the adopted flag "on account of its resemblance to that of the abolition despotism against which we are fighting."

TL;DR the Stars and Bars would likely have been replaced no matter what

Attached: F8F79EB0-5C51-47A1-BAF7-66B325979683.jpg (750x500, 76K)

So probably a situation similar to how Nazis used both the old Imperial flag and the swastika separately, until eventually just settling on the swastika. Probably the same thing would happen with the Confederacy.

The Confederacy actually had a rationale for initially maintaining a battle flag that was substantially different for its national flag

>General Joseph E. Johnston: "I wrote to [Miles] that we should have 'two' flags—a 'peace' or parade flag, and a 'war' flag to be used only on the field of battle—but congress having adjourned no action will be taken on the matter—How would it do us to address the War Dept. on the subject of Regimental or badge flags made of red with two blue bars crossing each other diagonally on which shall be introduced the stars,... We would then on the field of battle know our friends from our Enemies."

Attached: Charge+of+the+Tarheels!.jpg (1000x665, 816K)

They would have ended up using the CSA navel jack

Attached: us-csa1j.gif (345x210, 1K)

Blood Stained Banner, which I think looks pretty nice personally.

Disgusting, banners of traitors, they belong in a fire

Better go back to flying his majesty's flag then faggot.

Attached: you will never be british.jpg (819x500, 65K)

*burns Constitution (literally)*

Attached: William_Lloyd_Garrison,_abolitionist,_journalist,_and_editor_of_The_Liberator_LCCN2017660623_(croppe (518x799, 250K)

post yfw the Confederacy turns into the European Union

Attached: merkel.jpg (2000x1437, 218K)

>if you don't support betraying your country then you should betray your country
>dixieboo logic

>demanding unconditional obedience and loyalty to a government that itself was founded on insurrection

Attached: Secession Autistic Screeching.png (869x499, 220K)

Please no

>Demanding unconditional obedience

But it wasn't unconditional. Dixies just had a massive chimpout and refused to accept any sort of olive branch offered by the federal government then attacked federal property all because they didn't like the results of an election.

Meanwhile the founding fathers attempted repeatedly to seek peaceful resolutions with Parliament and King George culminating in the petition to the King sent in 1774 which plainly stated they were loyal to the crown and nothing was done about it.

>REEEEE THEY WON'T LET US OWN PEOPLE

I refuse to have a inbred retard who can't win wars against small, pathetic nations be the leader.

Absolute madman

Probably the correct answer

i'd read it

Same

Unironically the best flag

Attached: Confederate flags.gif (245x320, 63K)

Stars and Bars is criminally underrated as a flag desu

This

These are the most likely answers

How did the Naval Jack come to be seen as the symbol of the Confederacy and not the national flag?

Attached: 1000px-Confederate_Navy_Jack_(light_blue).svg.png (1000x600, 84K)

It was the original proposed battle flag

>funds and trains slave revolts in your land
>agitates against you in the newspapers
>militarily occupies two of your states
>blockades your ships
>shuts your representatives out of Congress
>"those evil Confederates were chimping out for no reason. "
Yankees are the original dindus

>hundreds of thousands of people dying just so the 1% could continue enslaving their christian brethren and not even spilling their own blood
southerners, what a joke

Sounds cute

Attached: 77df7a7d1a333dea87cc5a7a24bfa2c8_XL.jpg (900x1506, 924K)

Awww fuck it

strawpoll.me/15351299

Attached: confederate joe's flag emporium.jpg (714x960, 96K)

Rebels or heroes, that flag is aesthetic as fuck.

Agreed, it shares the distinctive shape of the American flag the design is more simplistic and less crowded

Attached: 4th Alabama.jpg (3992x2594, 1.47M)

voted

Here's the outline if you want to take a look at it.

pastebin.com/htx8ZzPr

Attached: Anne Frank x University Greys.jpg (2147x2997, 1.04M)

Probably the only election I'll ever take part in where my vote is actually worth a damn

Holy shit you’re right

Vote you faggots

>FUCK THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT FOR NOT LETTING THE STATE GOVERNMENTS HAVE THE RIGHT TO OPPRESS ITS OWN PEOPLE
i never understand what dixieboos meant by this

Cool

you seem mentally stunted

Which flag you lads talking about? Stars and Bars or battle flag?

The CSA winning is counterfactual. The Confederacy had no chance to win the war.

Oh I get it, you're one of those faggots that calls compromise you getting something for me getting nothing.

Hypothetically if the Confederacy won the civil war, the North would have smacked their shit down 5 years later.

The UK would be interested in a weaker US so would probably back them up, especially if the Confederates concede on slavery and essentially become non-monarchist serfdom-era Russia.

wow they are fucking disgusting

>Hypothetically if the Confederacy won the civil war, the North would have smacked their shit down 5 years later.

And why would the Northern public support restarting a war they had so miserably lost?

>the North would renege on it's promise and restart the war without good reaso-

Attached: >tfw no brain.jpg (645x773, 56K)

Literally bullshit

This

Attached: 1st Texas.jpg (477x596, 101K)

Funny enough this guy was calling for disunion years before the South even considered it.

>people
Sure thing pal

the north at the time had one of the largest populations on earth and the biggest industry on earth at the time, its highly unlikely that the UK would be able to intervene thousands of miles away right at the beginning of the scramble for africa

nps.gov/civilwar/facts.htm
it was never a possibility that they would win

The CSA would probably have switched to a battle flag-inspired design at some point. As other posters have mentioned, the Stars and Bars wasn't very well liked because of its similarity to the American flag.

Third National for the win.

Attached: flags of the confederate states of america.gif (294x384, 66K)

>Depends on what year the CSA wins the war.
>If the war ends prior to 1863, the South might opt to stick with the Stars and Bars. After 1863, they’ll probably continue development of the Stainless Banner.

This

Voted

This

Attached: Harpers Ferry Raid.jpg (543x388, 73K)

What a total Jew

>nps.gov/civilwar/facts

Attached: it's time to stop posting.jpg (500x375, 88K)

t.

Attached: The Eternal Federal .png (658x688, 214K)

No

Attached: it was time.jpg (471x495, 80K)

I'm liking these results...

Attached: Confederate flags human brains meme.png (460x684, 281K)

Why is the Blood banner so loved? I thought the Stars and Bars is pretty chad.

Also here's a question to add onto OP's, if the Confederate states increased, would they add additional stars? I think they'd keep the 13, as it adds onto the American Revolution symbolism.

The Bonnie Blue flag was the best banner and song, southerners just have shit taste and feel a need to imitate the North, their own favorite tune, Dixie's land, was written by a yankee for fucks sake.

Dixie is not my favorite tune. I much prefer Wearing of the Gray.

>Dixie is not my favorite tune. I much prefer Wearing of the Gray.

Same

youtube.com/watch?v=p2GUCZxKAYk

Attached: appomattox-lee.jpg (1800x1110, 314K)

Attached: why not both.jpg (419x261, 31K)

>government statistics arent reliable
just because holocaust numbers are made up to you doesnt mean every official statisitic ever reported is a lie

Attached: 1521517449977.jpg (320x279, 34K)

It's the most unique flag in terms of appearance.

>saying this and expecting to be taken seriously

>funds and trains slaves revolts
>list this as a reason for war
>unironically claim the war wasn’t about slavery

>if a country has more men, arms, and money, they are 100% guaranteed to win the war without exception
Did you graduate elementary school?

>saying niggers are humans and expecting to be taken seriously

>when a y*nKoid creates an alt history where we side with the axis in WW2 or WW1

Why are y*nKoids so ignorant bros?

>Axis
>WW1
Talk about ignorance

Attached: 1522220713330.gif (488x275, 1007K)

nice facebook gif, maybe you should head back there

name one war NOT the american revolution where this happens.

maybe because european countries still wouldnt piss off the union since foreign policy would shift to an equivalent of the 'one china policy' where only edgy countries back it

Rwandan Civil War