/fat/: Binged on cat food again edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

>previous

Other urls found in this thread:

weightlossresources.co.uk/calories-in-food/pasta-noodles-rice/white-basmati-rice.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I lost 25lb in the last 6 months. I am both proud and disappointed in myself. I am down about 80lb total and people are now commenting about it regularly but I still want to lose 60lb (start 320lb goal 180lb) I just feel like it is slowing down, but again I am losing it at about 1lb a week so I should be proud....

My diet is also not satisfying me, part of the slow down is that I was losing 2lb a week at 1800cal and now I need to eat 1600cal to lose 1.5lb but I struggle to stay at 1600cal.

I have a year and a half to lose my 60lb so I am on track. I just feel so guilty for not going faster.

Is it weird that every morning in my haze of waking up before driving to the gym I'll come check out /fat/? Would anyone like to come hang out and play Mario Kart? I'm so lonely help.

tfw work provides free lunch everyday, from any restaurant in town

Lunch is my only big meal on weekdays, and I'm still gaining weight at 205 lbs 6'

My lifts are increasing and I'm laying a foundation of muscle underneath my lard at least

Lay the foundation pupper

Confess

I ate 10 pulled pork sliders on Saturday, god forgive me

I spent a week in the tropics on vacation eating nothing but restaurant and fast food.

I still went to the gym there and came back the same weight as when I left. 89.50kg.

I mean, depending on your TDEE you could be going faster.
At 240lbs, unless you are a midget or woman than I would aim for 1.5 lbs a week up to 2.5 lbs a week with a lot of exercise.
Either way loosing 80 lbs shows a lot of dedication, congrats. However you do it, and at whatever pace I'm sure you'll make it if You keep at it.

Lost 27KG so far.
been hitting the gym every second day doing cardio and weighhts, and rock climbing twice a week.
Only issue is the past month and a bit i've plateaued, i'm still eating at a deficit so i'm ont sure if my noob gains have countered my fat loss.
I've lost another roughly 2cm off my waist but it's annoying not to see any scale changes.

I'm at 233
I want to hit 200 by new year.
That's 3 lbs a week. So I'm at a 1500 cal deficit from my sedentary TDEE.
Plus I'm doing two days a week of one small meal.
I like doing 5 day fasts too.
I really think I can do it. But damn its gonna be hard.
Wish me luck.

you can do it, under 200 is a great feeling! good luck friend

i ate two pieces of papa murphys yesterday
thankfully the rest was eaten while i was asleep or i probably would have had more

I feel the exact same way user but ultimately if you're losing weight and maintaining that weight loss you're already doing better than you were doing before. You gotta keep telling yourself that.

Also, if you're struggling sticking with 1600 keep at it. Eventually you'll adjust to it. If you ever find your weight loss slowing whilst eating at 1600 and you really don't want to lower it beyond that it's time to start looking at your exercise schedule and focussing on that instead. I just broke through a year long plateau not by focussing on diet, but by just trying to improve my running time and starting lifting.

Listen faggot. I know you’re the same faggot that keeps posting this without fat wojack. Stop posting without fat wojack you stupid enormous cunt.

ate 1000cal for lunch yesterday only burned 300 in the gym.

>tfw too stupid to use the losertown thing

So I have my TDEE: 3466

How much do I cut? What do I say in the thingie?

>gym had a body composition machine brought in for a day
>says my bmr is 1600
>been eating 2000 cats for my cut

Fuck my shit right up, why is bmr so low any way to increase it? I don't think I could deal with eat 1100 cals a day

>TDEE: 3466
Jesus, how fat are you?

Cut as much as you can

My tdee is 3400-3500 and I eat 1500-2000

>TDEE 3466
You’re a big fella!

Eat 1000-1500kcal below

I'm pretty god damn fat. And hairy. I weigh like 280 pounds, I'm 5'11 and 28 years old

Your TDEE is NOT 3400, what the hell did you put in to get that?

Don’t choose anything other than sedentary in those calculators, even if you work out or whatever.
They vastly overestimate how much you burn from lifting and running.
Your TDEE is probably around 3000 unless you do hard physical labor every day.

KETO CONTINUING TO BE GOD TIER

down 12 lbs in 11 days (almost 6kg)!!!

diet consists of almost entirely salted + baked turkey, egg whites, hot sauce, and a ton of water

I work as a security guard.

I walk around a building for about four hours a day. I spend on average 250 minutes/day on my feet patrolling. That's...that's not light exercise, is it bros?

Sounds fucking awful

Okay so, I got 3025 now. Is that good? I don't know...and how much should I be eating?

1500 calories.

It is going to suck for like two weeks, but think of it like your heroin detox. Stick to that and the weight is going to melt off big fella.

Try to space out big losses with slower losses to give time for your skin to recover.

Does your job raise your heart rate and make you sweat?
Walking is good for you, but for it to count as exercise it should fulfill those criteria.

How could you knock it if you haven't tried it?

The food is delicious, I eat as much as I want, and thanks to the miraculousness of protein digestion in my intestines for hours and hours, I am literally NEVER hungry, NEVER

I started out at 270lbs and 6’1 so not too different from your stats.

I go on long walks most days and I eat 1600kcal a day without any issues.
There’s no reason for you to eat more than 2000kcal a day.

If you go full keto, you will easily burn 1lb per day like me. I'm 50% fat 50% protein and only eating 1300 calories per day, never hungry

You're 280, you could probably lose nearly 2lbs a day on keto

It sounds absolutely not delicious. If you’re someone who doesn’t care/know about good food, then all the best and keep eating, but the greens I eat every day alone would put me out of keto range and I’m by no means a vegetarian.

I don’t want to judge other people’s diets (I do) but what you claim to eat is not something you should advertise to others as a good diet for weight loss or general health.

Yeah, especially when I walk up the stairs.

So exactly how much calories should I be cutting from 3025? Like, it's 400, right?

Just forget what these calcs are telling you because you're definitely trying to calorie jew here. It doesn't matter what these estimates say, they don't have any bearing on what you actually need to accomplish your goals. Instead of looking for something saying "how much CAN I eat?", you should be asking "how little can I eat to get through the day and maintain muscle?"

For 280 5'11", 1500 calories is more than enough to drop 100 lbs in several months. Make sure you get 250g of protein a day, that'll make up about 50% of your diet.

Then why does Dr. Pierre Dukan advocate for it, wrote a whole book about it, and suburban moms are losing weight healthily on it?

Of course you lose weight by eating less calories than your TDEE, but don’t advertise eating nothing but chicken and egg whites to newfriends coming in here.
It’s not sustainable and it’s not a healthy diet.

No you should cut at least 1000kcal a day.

I'm trying to drop 50 pounds. I have fat cells on my liver, these cause me problem

400 is "a number", you know? It's a guideline, but personally I don't see much use in it.

A number of us here are eating in the 1000-1500 calorie range per day, regardless of weight.

When I was high carb, I was eating 4000 calories and I was still hungry.

When I went high protein, easily 200-300g per day of protein, I was only taking in like 1500 calories max, and I was neeeeeever hungry. Ever.

Don't worry, you won't drop dead. If you feel hungry, you can eat. Avoid carbs like the plague, is my opinion and the opinion of Dr. Pierre Dukan.

I can see where you are coming from, and I am hoping that anyone who reads what I write merely treats it as an idea and not a religion.

It's scientifically proven and medically suggested by a real, licensed doctor. It tastes excellent and does not cause any side effects that I have noticed.

If someone has a psychological issue that compels them to eat cheat meals, or still eat lots of cheese or fried chicken or something while trying to fit their macros, then that can be addressed in a separate post.

But there is no reason that someone on a diet should be eating high carb vegetables like potatoes or peas or corn. Broccoli is probably about as much as you wanna do, in my opinion.

If you are concerned, you can take a daily multivitamin.

And don't eat spinach in high quantities. It gave me kidney stones immediately for 3 days after eating a whole block of frozen spinach.

Skellyfag here, just dropping by to tell you i legitimately feel disgust when i see a really fat person on the street.

I wish you all the BEST and hope you all achieve your goals!

This is retarded. Gram per gram, protein is indeed more than carbohydrates but carbs are incredibly important. I'm not gonna say fats aren't, but they should be an afterthought. Carbs give you the most easily catabolized energy, without them you're going to feel sluggish, slow, lazy, etc. You won't be able to push as hard when you work out (which is also critical to losing weight and not ending up skinnyfat.) Also, even if the effects aren't immediate, you are just asking for long-term complications from constipation. Carbs are the best source of insoluble fibers, meat and cheese poops are the most horrendous thing in the world and don't cry when you find yourself unable to take a dump more than twice a week. I'm not trying to scare people of keto or make you afraid to NOT eat carbs, but don't be stupid about it. Dropping them completely is not something you should be doing long term. Also, for everyone who has done keto (myself included), realize that that amazing first couple weeks of progress is mostly water weight, which you WILL gain back when you return to a normal diet. After those noob losses, progress is comparable to literally any other deficit diet.

lmao go larp somewhere else

*Gram per gram, protein is indeed more filling than

well user, fat fuck here.

I was thinking of just changing my diet to be mostly steamed veggies, steamed chicken, and rice. I mean, can I lose weight with that? rice is really filling.

I will suggest what you can do for some of your claims.

>feeling sluggish with no carbs

I walk long distances. I average 3-6 miles per day, fully keto. I walked 28 miles in one day, on a high carb diet, ate 5000 calories, and stil felt hungry and sluggish and sore. I tested all types of calorie intakes and distances. On a high carb diet, it never felt good.

I am now 50% protein and 50% fat. I still do 3-6 miles per day. I NEVER feel hungry, and I NEVER am constipated.

If someone does get constipation, they can take a fiber supplement. Cheap and easy. Most vegetables are 95% fiber and water. Why pay money for them if you don't like them?

Keto is an excellent way to enjoyable burn extra body fat, by no longer having any glycogen in your body to burn. It's that simple.

Also, "water weight", almost everything in your body is stored as water. Muscle and glycogen are both stored as water.

rice can have alot of calories depending what kind of rice you eat

BMR doesnt take into account your activity levels my dude, use a tdee calc to see how much you need to cut.

It's just basmati rice cooked in a rice cooker.

Good for you user

I am not him, disclaimer.

You can lose weight on anything in theory, if you run a deficit. Try the diet you suggested, and see if it works.

However, I have tried many different diets. When I do a high carb diet, I find I am always hungry, no matter what, regardless of what carbs I've eaten.

On 50/50 protein fat, science suggests that protein takes 3 hours to digest in your intestines, as opposed to carbs, which digest in minutes, especially sugars and starches. So fruit juice and peas will fuck your shit up.

The guy in this thread that is debating me is fine to say that vegetables are important, but it doesn't negate the results I'm getting.

If you want to eat a diet of just baked turkey and egg whites like me, science literally says you will lose weight.

THANKS!! :)

I’ve more or less replaced all rice, pasta etc. with veggies by now, but as long as you take great care to weigh and measure everything, you will be fine eating rice.

That's great! How long it took to lose all that?

I've been off the wagon for five months

I don't get hungry, really. I get mega cravings for sweets and snacks. Like, I boredom eat. I make bad decisions, its how I got so fat...

Also I drink so much pop that my doc told me I have fat cells on my liver and I have to lose a fuckload of weight or die

I googled
weightlossresources.co.uk/calories-in-food/pasta-noodles-rice/white-basmati-rice.htm

>262kcal per 75g (one serving)
tbqh that's too much unless you eat one warm meal every day

The boredom stuff is tough.
I often find myself with a kitchen cupboard open without realising how I got there. I’ve trained myself by now to ask myself if I am actually hungry every time I go to the kitchen. 99% of the time I’m not, and have a glass of water instead.

Also, I plan all the next day’s meals in the evening so if I feel a craving, I open up myfitnesspal to remind myself what I’m allowed to eat.
I never stray from it.

That sounds good, but it doesn't matter what it is, what matters here is the macronutrients. White rice is a no-no. Brown rice is better, because it has insoluble fibers and protein, although rice isn't as filling as people tend to think. Rice is commonly prepared in significantly larger proportions to the other parts of the meal, which is why people feel so full after a teriyaki bowl or something. With only 1/4 cup of rice, I always find I'm hungry, and I bet most people would too. The same amount of calories in potatoes will be more filling, but there's also the psychological component to it. Just because your body is satiated, doesn't mean the brain is. So find what you can eat that makes you feel the fullest per calorie. Some people find it's wheat, some rice, some veggies. The other important part is eating 1g per lbs of bodyweight at least while you cut so you don't lose muscle mass. With something like skinless chicken tenderloin, it's literally all protein (depending on how it was prepared, if you buy it in a package it's possible that the packager didn't fully remove the skin or something like that so you might get some fat) but for the most part, you can get nearly 100g of protein for only 360 calories. So in your diet, the priority is getting your calories from protein, then getting some fibers to help you shit (maybe take miralax daily if you still have trouble) and the rest is up to you. You could try keto but I'd recommend your diet being something like 60/30/10% protein/carbs/fat, or something with that general outlook of mostly protein, then mostly carbs, and fats are entirely up to you (you could even get by with 1% if you take some supplements like fish oil pills)

No worries! It's good that you see the problems you are having, and you want to fix them.

You can literally start right now. I promise you that I can help you lose 3kg in one week, averaging roughly 0.5kg per day.

I love sugar. I used to eat candy and chocolate and chips and cinnamon toast crunch. And i would exercise 6 hours a day. And no matter how much I ate, and no matter how heavy or light I ran, I would always be hungry and always crave sugar.

This craving will screw up your diet. Your body loves sugar. It craves sugar. It turns sugar into glycogen in 5 minutes.

In my opinion, you can turn this craving off. All you need to do is eat a lot of lean meat, baked or grilled, with some salt or hot sauce or 0 calorie mustard to make it taste even better.

This will keep you fuller for longer.

If you have a psychological issue that makes you boredom eat, this will at least keep you full. Then all you need to do is find a hobby. My hobby is drawing memes.

I can get behind what you've said man. have an upboat ^.^

God damn it, I just bought a five pound bag of the white shit.

Oh well. My hobby is tabletop gaming although it gets kind of lonely because people that play tabletop RPGs tend to be spastic and completely insane.
>see people having a convo about armor class on google plus
>thirty comments later they're both making death threats and screaming about how they're victims and have the moral high ground at each other

I dont geddit.

Well, I'm gonna try a calorie deficit to start with, not a massive one, just to experiment easy. Cut out all of the soda pop shit out of my diet tomorrow, my DnD group can eat all of my candy and donuts tomorrow too while we're playing. ehhh.....what else can I do? Just eat at a calorie deficit and adjust?

How how much do I need to eat a day to maintain my weight? Is that what 3025 means? I eat 3k/day to stay at 280?

>I eat 3k/day to stay at 280?
Yes, with the caveat that these calculators are never 100% precise.

Eat 500kcal a day below and lose 1lb a week. Eat 1000kcal below to lose 2lbs.
I would err on the side of a bigger deficit since 3000 is still a bit high for someone with your numbers, even if you have an active job.

No worries man. I think that stuff stays good for a long time. Keep it around for when you are skinnier. For now, don't think about the rice.

Some people would say "START TODAY", but if you want, you can have a doughnut tomorrow if you really, really feel it necessary. Think of it as a temporary farewell gift.

When you are at your goal weight, you can eat a doughnut once every few days and not gain all of your weight back instantly.

I know the feeling regarding friends and DnD stuff. I always get yelled at and associate with psycopaths too. Try to not be affected by it, or slowly change your group somehow.

You could try diet versions of soda, even though many people suggest "its not healthy" too. It's ok to have a temporary crutch, as long as it is 0 calorie. Seriously. I'll have a 0 calorie stevia lemonade every once in a while and I haven't died yet :)

Hope this all helps. If you don't like to cook, consider tofu. Can be eaten raw and is high in protein.

But cooked meat with 0 calorie seasonings and sauces like hot sauce or mustard are really tasty and like 90% optimal diet.

My best advice is to make temptation a non-issue. Don't even buy anything that's not chicken, produce, brown rice, etc. Just having a box of cheezits in your pantry is enough to sabotage your diet. At the risk of kicking the bees' nest of people who can control themselves, I'd be more than willing to bet that the people ITT (myself included) can't. Get used to turning people down when they offer you food, or not ordering when you go out to eat. ALWAYS assume that something is chalk full of calories. For instance, an apple may seem like a healthy choice but fruit is so calorie dense that it may as well be cake. Just go through your pantry, dump everything into a trash bag, and chuck the shit over your fence into the neighbor's yard.

Also, I'm very sure that your TDEE is 2500 or less, those calcs are only as good as the info you give them, and no offense but you don't have enough experience of this to accurately estimate anything. Start counting every calorie you eat. Tomorrow, start by just eating 2000 calories for a week, then cut down to 1500. At 280, you'll probably be on that for half a year to get below 200. That's not the lowest you could get but assuming imperfection, I'd say that's a safe guess if you're consistent.

how much calories are there in an egg? I have been counting an egg as 150kcal, google told me so. I have seen someone say 70kcal too, I doubt that's the real amount

awesome, how much calories in a cooked chicken breast guys?

Depends what you cook it with.
Get Myfitnesspal and look up a bunch of food.

what size?

I've seen 70 calories too.

Egg beater liquid egg whites (which I eat every day) contain 30 calories roughly per "egg" serving, which is like a quarter cup.

So if you don't eat the yolk, you can drop it down even more.

Eggs aren't uniform in mass. If you just went to the grocery store and got a carton of eggs, I'd say any given egg in the carton would be roughly 55-70 grams. It also matters how you prepare it. If it's just the yolk, that's a lot less than 50 grams, but it's also the bulk of the calories. I'd say just to account for all the variations and possibilites, count 100. 150 seems like some kind of super egg or something that's not 100% egg (as in a deviled egg.)

Not much, 2 ounces = 56g
1g of protein = 4 calories
56g of nearly 100% protein = 224 calories

Don't use oil, butter, dressing, bbq sauce, ketchup etc.

Hot sauce + mustard = 0 calories. Salt and pepper used sensibly.

Hmm, my math is off. Google says 85 calories in 2 oz.

That would mean that 2 oz of chicken is mostly water. My apologies.

Chicken breast (assuming skinless) naturally has some fat in it, and fat is more than twice the energy of proteins/carbs per gram, so I wouldn't recommend it for cutting. That said, if it was sensibly preprared and not some oiled up name brand pre-packaged chicken breast, I'd estimate roughly 110-130 calories per 4oz. It certainly tastes better, but I find tenderloin preferable because I can eat those calories elsewhere. May not seem like much but shit adds up quickly. Also, when you cook, get in the habit of just wetting the pan before cooking instead of using butter or oil. Just flip it more frequently if it's sticking to the pan.

The carton on my eggs says 70 calories and they're large.

The carton says 53-63g

I eat either boiled or fried with very little oil

Seconded on tenderloins. Shit is the bomb.

Turkey is 93% protein.

Also when I am pan grilling, I let the bottom burn and burn and burn. I never flip or move it. It eventually self releases.

Alternative is to buy a ceramic non stick pan for $60 or whatever

well, you could always get a kitchen scale and remove any doubt about the mass. I'd estimate an egg in that range, boiled to be roughly 80-90 calories, + the oil. Ideally, you'd ditch the oil.

>walking

Try actual exercise. Bonking is a scientific fact your anecdotal misinfo isn't going to change that.

Your insult doesn't affect me, and anyone who is in this thread and is genuinely fat should not be running or doing so much calisthenics that they bonk.

Why are you so riduculously self-centered and convinced you are always right?

Maybe the hordes of doctors that ran actual studies that confirm it.

Not him but my original point was that when you do intense exercise (like lifting, sprints, etc.) that require you to push, you'll NEED carbs or you'll find yourself taking 10 seconds to push back up in a squat or having completely half assed sprints that look more like jogging. Walking is low intensity and while it's good to be out and walking, it's not nearly as efficient for your time. Lifting uses more calories than calisthenics, and unlike distance running, you CAN be obese and still get started without health complications. I'm not trying to stop you from doing keto, or anyone else who is curious, I just want people to know what they are doing. I did keto when I first started, and while I lost a lot of weight quickly at first, I was disappointed when that initial pace slowed to a crawl. If anything, I'd recommend keto for extremely obese people in addition to light walking like you're promoting, but once you get to the point where you can run a mile in

Hurr durr Chris Froome and Haile Gebrselassie need to eat thousands of simple carbohydrates to do hours of endurance exercise

THEREFORE /FAT/ READERS SHOULD GO RUN MARATHONS AND EAT SUGAR TOO

wow you sure showed me. Bonking is indeed science, but nobody in this thread will EVER be bonking.

>all carbs are sugar

Every fucking time. I sincerely wish a heart attack upon you.

I can completely agree with your perspective!!

I think there are still people here who are still lazy or intimidated by lifting. Keto can still work until they muster up the courage to lift, whether thats at 350 lb, 250 lb, or 150 lb.

Watched gayporn again and noticed that I should lost about 5-10kg more to look better.

You can eat whole grains if you want but I don't see the need for 50+g of them

What the fuck can I do about being ravenously hungry all the time? I wake up ready to eat entire turkeys. I'm starting to think I have some kind of eating disorder or something because I'm literally always starving.

Eat one of those. 80 kcal for the whole thing and I guarantee you won't finish it in one sitting.

This sounds more like psmf than keto. Remember to take diet breaks as this can make you very emotional and limp dick

derp

I'm doing it guys. Haven't binged in over 2 months. Lost 38lbs so far

>10 piece nuggs is only 520 calories
I can have that and a (homemade) salad for dinner if it fits my macros, right?

I just want some nuggs

nuggets are processed as fuck. I would not eat that

I just binged and ate 12000 calories of junk.

I hate myself so much right now.

How user

most I ever managed in a single binge is maybe 3000

pls, as a skelly let me know what the fuck you ate. Eating 12000 calories is like a dystopian dream to me.