Which of these following statements is true:

Which of these following statements is true:

1. Starchy veggies should be avoided (potatoes, carrots, squash)
2. Veggies are the best source of carbs.

Help me Veeky Forums, I was offered both these pieces of advice by fellow Veeky Forumsizens

>1. Starchy veggies should be avoided (potatoes, carrots, squash)
Just avoid white potatoes and don't eat pounds of sweet potatoes everyday. Carrots are fine. Nobody gets fat because they "eat too many carrots"

>2. Veggies are the best source of carbs.
No.They're best source of fibers and vitamins. And have a tiny bit of proteins and carbs as well. The bottomline is you should eat as much vegetables as possible (excluding potatoes and going easy on sweet potatoes)

then what's the best source of carbs?

Fruits for simple carbs
Whole grains and lentils/beans for complex carbs

wait, potato isn't a good complex carb?

Healthiest > shittiest
Fibrous carbs (veges) > complex carbs (grains) > simple carbs (fruits and sugar shit)
Left to right also makes it so your body has more energy and uses better energy on left, and right is where it uses it up quickly and doesn't work for a long time. But simple carbs can give you sugar rush for those "sprints".

This is the exact advice that was given to me.
What part of this is wrong?

>Nobody gets fat because they "eat too many carrots"

Tell that to trump.

Stop spreading this misinformation. There is nothing wrong with white potatoes if you don't have blood sugar issues.

White potatoes have a bad reputation because they're thought of as the same thing as white rice, white pasta, white bread, etc. White potatoes have NOTHING in common with the others. They're all refined carbohydrates.

White potatoes are not bad. They're a nutritional powerhouse that have sustained generations for centuries.

>Fibrous carbs (veges) > complex carbs (grains) > simple carbs (fruits and sugar shit)
>What part of this is wrong?

Well, "fibrous carbs" (veges) simply don't have a lot of carbs. A pound of picrelated is 30g carbs, and 10 of those are fibers.
A single banana has more carbs than that
That being said, you should still try to eat as much vegetables as you possibly can because they are so beneficial to you.

What's wrong with white potatoes?

>White potatoes are not bad. They're a nutritional powerhouse that have sustained generations for centuries

I agree and I'm not saying they're bad. I just don't see any purpose for a Veeky Forumsizen, there are better food options

all vegetables are healthy including white potatoes what in the fuck, stop making your life difficult and enjoy your goddamn veggies nigger

Bananas are unique. If you eat bananas when they're green (unripen) you feed your gut microbiome thanks to its resistant starch content.

ok, so what are some specific examples of complex carbs i should be eating, aside from beans

Who the fuck eats green bananas?

Sweet potatoes, winter squash. I personally don't rate grains. I think they're best avoided.

I used to. When they're green they're more starchy and fibrous (hence the resistant starch). Give it a try. Remember, your gut is your "second brain". Feed your bacteria.

Red lentils are my favorite.
Besides that I mainly eat oats and sweet potatoes. Plenty of other options are available but personally those 3 are my staple complex carbs and they're cheap

ok, why should grains be avoided?
i thought whole grains were good?

They're better than eating refined products, yes. However, grains don't make me feel well. I didn't realize this until I cut grains out of my diet.

Try not eating bread or other grains for a period of time and see how you feel. If you don't notice anything, then I guess they're okay for you. For me, and many others, they're no good.

Vegetables are more nutrient dense anyway.

Because they are the cornerstone of civilisation.

ok, i'll keep that in mind
but i mean if veggies are more nutrient dense though, is there any reason to take grains at all?

>Just avoid white potatoes

how about they just taste good

Sweet potatoes are nutritionally superior and you have to minmax your diet brah

wat a gay comic

shut the hell up and go back to /r/eddit