/sig/ - self improvement general

Funny edition

Sticky:
4chanfit.wikia.com/wiki//sig/_sticky

improve urself by adding something to the op for people to talk about shit for brains

Has anyone read this book, or tried using it's methods?

I'm going to read it, and use it to learn guitar.

What about this?

Seems like snake oil but if it works ill probably find it really useful, pls report back when you have finished

Can't self-improve when you don't have the discipline to work on anything.

you shouldve typed something in the op that you have or want to improve upon. i dont want to read your graphic novel

next time i will, the sig threads usually get started on their own but i guess more in the op would help

Hit my protein goal yesterday for the first time in a while, finally getting this cut back under control

Oh dear God that 9gag tier 2010 memes, oh the cringe

I've got a question to start off the thread:

What hobbies and activities are you doing these days besides lifting? Are they actually helping you progress on your self improvement like reading, creating (drawing, writing, woodworking, etc.) or homesteading, or are they more vices than anything, like playing vidya, watching Netflix and going on Veeky Forums?

For like 90% of you on Veeky Forums, drink more water because chances are you're not drinking enough

bump

Who let the 14 year old on Veeky Forums

>Whenever you check for a new post on Instagram or whenever you go on The New York Times to see if there's a new thing, it's not even about the content. It's just about seeing a new thing. You get addicted to that feeling.

Aziz ansari made me figure out something. We use the internet for two things. First to research info for stuff we need in life whether it's something for a test or looking up a new trainig sheme. Secondly we use the internet to follow trends. Following those trends is a huge waste of time. Some people follow /pol/, others the latest meme online and some others what all the different whatsapp group chat have to say. Most of us probably are a combination of the above.

Do you guys think this correct? Are we addicted to following trends online? If yes, how do we deal with that?

Best productive hobbies are the ones where you create something instead of consuming.
Also check 2^3 chan dot net/improve/res/7623 if you'd like more info.

It's just basic trying to "keep up with the Jones", which is just how humans acclimate and process culture. It's changing so fast these days if we don't "keep up" we'll be left in the dust. Some people don't care though, and function just fine. Other's not so much. Some people become "trendy", just following whatever trend is new and fashionable at the time. This works for some and doesn't for others as well.

Wow, I didn't know 8ch had a self improvement board, that's pretty cool. Makes me wish Veeky Forums had one honestly, although what I gleaned from /improve/ was a bunch of sad or distraught threads about how they aren't improving well enough, yikes.

I think one of the best activites is building a business. It's creative, brings money, requires you to get a positive mindset and you acquire work ethic, while learning a lot about yourself

It's almost 2018 bois

What goals did you achieve this year?

- 700lb deadlift (well past it now)
- Started working again after being borderline neet for a year
- Improved my mental state and life in general through finding meditation (Using headspace app)

Great year, coukd have been much better but it's progress, now for some social and business gains in 2018

Visiting family care for them. Support them.

Gardening, growing healthy organic vegetables.

Gaining religious knowledge to prepare for the afterlife

>9gag
Didn't even bother reading.

Fuck you. After my job and lifting why shouldn't I spend my free time on vidya

Yeah but the board takes itself too serious at times because if you don't achieve all your goals you should feel bad instead of looking where they are now. Although there's sometimes pretty good advice posted.