Can I not squat and just do leg press instead?

Can I not squat and just do leg press instead?

I hate squats. Either I do perfect form deep squats but don't feel any muscle fatigue, or I have the hardest time hitting even parallel and have a hard time with good form. There is no in between for me.

Can I just do leg press and then do some accessory movement for my hams and glutes? Alternately, any tips on how to solve my problem above?

No. Lower your weight, and your form will improve. Then progress from there.

leg press is no substitute

>I hate squats. Either I do perfect form deep squats but don't feel any muscle fatigue, or I have the hardest time hitting even parallel and have a hard time with good form. There is no in between for me.

and this line makes me think you're a clueless newbie looking to get out of heavy compounds

I am a newbie, and if I knew what to do I wouldn't have asked on here, I'm looking for advice.

I can squat 205 with excellent form, but it feels like I'm lifting to light. When I go up to 215 my form goes to shit. Any tips? Do I just stay at 205 for a while?

no squats are literally magic

test boost, make your arms bigger, cannot be replaced by any exercise, 100% essential every big guy ever does them and if you don't you may as well stay home pussy

i love how this board is almost entirely newbs and dyel teenagers and yet every person seems to squat and pull 4+ plates

>make your arms bigger
What? How does that work

what keeps the bar from falling off your shoulders?

A few options:

1. Do 210 lbs is you can
2. Do more sets or reps of 205 lbs (e.g. if you do 3x5 do 4x6)
3. Make sure you are eating enough
4. Do pin squats at 255 or higher to boost confidence

The difference between 205 and 215 is minimal enough that I highly doubt it is your strength/form that is holding you back and instead it is more likely your mind.

Thanks for the tips/encouragement, I will keep that in mind when I do squats tomorrow.

Go fuck yourself. Its autists like you that keep beginners from doing compound lifts.

m8s, is it ok if my routine calls for squats and leg press on the same day? thanks

Post a video of yourself do a 205kg squat or is right and your just some dyel who wants to look big on an anonymous board.

its wedged into your traps...

Strength/weight gain is a full body process. Your whole body responds to progressive loading, not just the specific muscles being targeted, though they obviously respond more. It took me a long time to get past the isolation mentality, it's just not how the body actually works, which is why compound lifts work so well at getting your whole body huge.

Fuck off, Mehdi. Squats won't grow your arms.

alright well then squat with your hands pinned to your sides and let me know what happens

try benching with your legs in the air and see what happens

obviously you'll lift less weight but it doesn't mean it's because the bench works your legs

Yes and not only can leg press replace squats, it can replace deadlifts for legs too by altering foot position you can emphasize the quads or posterior chain much more. Throw in some hammer strength iso lateral rows and do some pull ups and you'll never have to even think about squats and deadlifts ever again. Don't listen to Veeky Forums it's filled with viral marketers from the steel industry, youtube, crossfit boxes and various other shills who profit off freeweight meme routines.

If you have the lower body, it's easier to build the upper body.

What are your lifting goals? Squats are a great bang for your buck exercise because they work a lot of things at once. That said, there's no reason why you have to do them. If you don't want to squat, do something else.

Alternatively keep practicing and you'll get better at squatting.

My goal is general health with a bit of aesthetics. I have no interest in being huge, but I don't want to be a dyel chub for the rest of my life.

I googled around and this is more or less my goal body (with the exception of the legs which seem underdeveloped compared to the upper body).

can i get source on pic?

It's from some 4 year old bodybuilding.com thread. I got it by google image searching "200 lbs 15% body fat" which is more or less my goals. Anything beyond that for aesthetics is more work than I'm interested in doing.

For the record right now I'm 225 and probably between 25-30% body fat.

mirin undies

No you dont understand

dumbest shit ive ever read honestly. bench with your feet in the air whatever you can still press the bar fine. Let go of the bar on a back squat and if you're not using a safety bar that shit is falling off I dont give a fuck how big or cradling your traps are