SUMO or CONVENTIONAL deadlift

im running GSLP and im curious if i have long legs and short torso should I Do conventional or sumo deadlift? does it matter

why not both

This picture makes me sad

It's a choice between which is comfier for you

i feel more hamstring activation with sumo is it more ideal for me?

It makes me want to lift a heavy set of deadlifts

Don’t listen to this faggot. Sumo deadlift is a meme. Do conventional deadlift, also known as the one and only deadlift.

why?

trap bar

listen man. i got lucky . i found a beautiful 9/10 face 10/10 body girl who was completely in love with me, and we basically lived a fantasy for 3 months, until she slowly started growing more cold and distant to the point where my life was a complete hell of self-hatred, and then she got another bf instantly after dumping me. i would rather have never had, than to have had and lost, and let me tell you man. just dont worry about it anymore. stop telling yourself that's what you need. life sucks with or without a girl, and depending on one for happiness is a recipie for disaster

Anyone who isn't a competitive lifter (which you aren't if you're doing an LP) and doesn't have back problems (which I assume you don't) should pull conventional. Conventional involves more muscle mass and will build your sumo much more than sumo will build your conventional.

tfw i know pic related in real life

hes 5"7 and steals all the women

how did you manage to get over her? how long did it take?

does the oposite for me, i'm getting leaner and bigger by the day, my lifts are almost Veeky Forums aproved, the only thing i need is to break up with my shitty gf to seek for rave sluts and get stds

try both and do whichever one is more comfortable for you

will one make more gains then the other? etc

no.

conventional hits erectors harder, sumo hits quads harder

it's about a 10% difference in either direction, sumo tends to be easier to crank out reps with at a given %1rm and easier to do for more volume while conventional tends to give you a little better hypertrophy (maybe) due to longer ROM (but you can do more sumo volume so this probably balances out)

If you do Low bar squat you're probably not missing out on much if you Sumo, if you do high bar probably better to stick to conventional.

i do highbar, and i just tried doing a sumo deadlift with no weights it feels a little comfortable and I feel my hamstrings being engaged does this mean SUMO is for me? i have long legs short torso

it's less about proportions and more about hip morphology

some people just exert force better with a lot of abduction

so which do you recommend for aesthetics?

doesn't matter

either one will give you bigger hamstrings, glutes, and erectors (and maybe traps, how much people get out of deadlifts for traps varies)

I have shitty hip mobility/hamstring tightness. I do as sumo as narrow as I can. Feels basically the same as conventional to me.

going on 2.5 months, still wouldn't say im over her, but i have OCD which is making it insanely hard because my entire life is basically seen through a filter of my unwanted obsession with her. comparing ppl to her, hearing or seeing memories of living with her, etc, my life is pretty much hell and i beg god to make it stop every day , so i woulnd't say im over it yet. However, its getting a little easier each day, and the more i scrutinize or think/talk about it, the more things i realize that help me cope.

The first few weeks were completley awful, and it was insanely bad oneitis. its very easy to idealize that image of her and feel like complete shit for ruining it, and constnatly imagining an alternate reality where i didn't fuck it up. but that's life. do u want to talk bout it somewhere else?

This is false. Competitive powerlifters do the opposite. The real answer is to train both.

I don't think there are many good conventional pullers who train sumo seriously, unless they have a back issue or are thinking about switching.

Do some meditate user, not gay lovey dovey meditate, but rather practice allowing your subconcious to take over so you don't have to deliberate every thought.

She dumped you because you got too clingy, since you never corrected your mind.

yes, that was partly it. however also my clingyness arose after she started with her hot/cold behavior. i wasn't too clingy at the start, but the tables slowly turned as she started randomly ignoring me and then going back to adoring me over and over, it made me extremely clingy.

elaborate?

Good goyim. Blame yourselves completely for every shitty thing a woman does; there are never two sides to an issue, only hers.

i guess i'm having the same kind of issues getting over someone, and I can relate with what you're saying. Although it wasn't as serious as yours. Just a crush that got out of hand...

sumo depends on relative arm length and hip structure

Overcoming the pain will make you a better man, user.

I think the best advice I could ever give would be to keep distanve from anyone you meet. Women dont know what they want.

Let me reiterate.

Women. DO. NOT. KNOW. what they want.

It'll save you the heartbreak. If you think she loves you or is infatuated, she might be second guessing or there is something unusual. If you think she is the one, get out while you can. Not in the relationship, but emotionally start to distance yourself until you know FOR A FACT.

Not just women, my ex did the same thing to me as this dude's ex

Since this thread is more active than the QTDDTOT and about deads

>hate deadlifts
>never feel like my form is right so I get anxiety
>Mainly lifting for aesthetics
>still do squats

So I can just do rack pulls instead? I know there not a total replacement, but they're good enough right?

thats the thing. we already got to the soul mate phase. the honeymoon phase was the most intense, passionate, mutual loving thing ive ever experienced or could imagine, we were completely on the same page, and there was no imbalance of power or control at all. but as it went on, she slowly withdrew, and i would try to communicate and just meet a brick wall. she was having problems still grieving her previous boyfriend who died tragically 2 years ago which clearly had a huge affect on our relationship. my ocd had an affect on it, i would get clingy and paranoid etc, which she definitely didn;t like. but im pretty sure she has borderline personality disorder, the quiet variation. she would do classic splitting behaviors and act like a completel different person, bordering on cruel and extremely cold and distant, and then randomly switch back to affectionate and loving. it would go back and forth so much i felt like i was living in a psychological minefield.

sometimes when i feel at peace with the situation, its when i can tell myself it was a hopeless relationship with way too many problems to work in the long-term. she was molested as a kid, still grieving dead bf, her father just died, she had a weird messed up adoption family sttuation growing up, and she seems to hurt everyone close to her. so what the fuck am i thinking trying to build a long-term commitment with a person like that?

and then when im doing shitty, i find myself blaming absolutely everything on myself. burning self-hatred, constnatly repeating my own mistakes in my mind, imagining h ad i done things differently, etc. and in this mode, i just want to die.

That looks like a trap desu senpai

>I remember this guy
>tfw I'm such a loser
What happened to him?

R9K GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD!!!!!!!!

you sound like a gigantic pussy for getting this worked up over some slut

ya thats the thing, if it was "some slut" i wouldn't be nearly this worked up, life is complicated.

I'm over a year on and it still sucks desu. Find myself looking at her insta and facebook even though I have a new gf.

I don't think the raw feels of the first serious gf, the one who met your parents and you met hers, who cuddled you and finally whispered "I love you", ever truly leaves you.

The last step is actually the hardest part ;_;

>we already got to the soul mate phase.

stopped reading right there and i know there's ten paragraphs after that line.

go outside. look around. there's pussy everywhere. if this girl was as hot as you say then your probably not a bad looking dude, so go out and slay

get a fucking grip bro

i wish i could say that man, but no. it was definitely astronomically rare thee amount of shit we had in common. she would be the type of person to type go back to r9k. she played runescape, watch ben shapiro, was global on csgo, listened to my favoriet obscure music, and has seen sam hyde vids with 900 views that we could both reference. Shit like that is what seperated her from "all that pussy" and made it a case of oneitis.

yup, ive come to accept that much. i am lucky to have the amount of closure that i do have, even though its hard to make use of it. i find comfort in knowing that if i somehow acted perfect enough to keep the relationship going for a few more years, it was definitely inevitablely going to fail. at least she didnt end up leaving me with child support and taking my house/kids/whatever. the heartbreak would only get worse as time went on, and the speed in which the relationship died honestly gives me a comforting feeling knowing it realy just wasn't meant to be like i thought.

>tfw you'll never lie on your swole bf's dick

Sumo

Fuck the naysayers

>be me
>155lbs 5'8'' small armed asian
>sumo-ing 435 for sets of 3
>local large black man is grinding out sets of 3 with 365
>he gives me the dirtiest looks for having more weight on the bar
>mfw

faggot

truth

did you save this from the thread that Brazilian dude posted about going from virgin to chad
pretty inspriational he was desu

>a girl will never lay on top of you

you say that like its a bad thing
at least i've experienced that with a girl with a vagina and a girl with a penis (very feminine)