THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE

I learned the hard way today that physics simply does not allow this motion to happen and looked like in idiot in the crowded gym
Whenever you're standing up straight like this and you pull something you just lean forward
you can't facepull 200 pounds like this guy its fucking impossible
you just pull yourself toward it and end up on your toes trying to pull yourself back so you can pull it but you simply cant do it
its impossible

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BaPXSWvh_R6/?taken-by=bradcastleberry
youtube.com/watch?v=vFR8ClayjsY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lean back

lmao if you're heavy enough sure you can, try getting a weight belt lololol

i do them sitting

/thread
also
maybe he is as strong as he claims
instagram.com/p/BaPXSWvh_R6/?taken-by=bradcastleberry

Try less weight ya dingus
For your health

I lean back slightly until I can feel the tension of the weight and use it as a slight counter-balance. Once you get going it's not hard.

you must either be auschwitz mode or trying to do too much weight.

Post stats so we can make fun of you

I'm 160 lb and i tried it with 90 lbs and then 70 and neither of them worked
id have to go to like 30 and then its just easy and pointless and not really an exercise anymore

How the fuck do you do this in a non awkward way? I've been kneeling for the past few months because when I stand up I get pulled forward.

It feels unstable, like I have to balance my bodyweight while I pull

one leg in front, one leg in back to keep yourself from falling forward... can't believe it even needs to be said

holy fucking shit are you retarded niggers for real
your tiny brains haven't figured out that leaning back counteracts the force pulling you forward
jesus christ humanity is devolving wtf

LOOK AT THE GUY IN THE PICTURE AND TELL ME HE IS DOING THAT THEN
Every single "proper form" photo of this movement they are standing up STRAIGHT

So you tried to do over half your body weight on an exercise that mainly hits your rear delts and rhomboids?

No wonder it didn't work you fucking mong

the answer

use a low/mid pulley and a utility bench if you can't balance yourself. you're supposed to leaning back and having a staggered stance like a jerk. and you shouldn't expect a lot of weight. i've been doing face pulls for 2 years and only do them with 50lbs 4x15

He is clearly leaning back in the right picture, you blind retard

youtube.com/watch?v=vFR8ClayjsY

this is bait

Is this what you call "leaning back"?

The weight of his massive legs keeps him down.

do them seated

Rear delt flys are better anyway

are you so autistic you actually need people to teach you the physics of leaning back so you can pull an object?
do you also want me to explain to you how exerting a force against the floor by extending your hip joint makes you jump?
fucking hell man

This /thread made me kek for a good 5 minutes at work

you have to be a manlet, that's how torque works

>this thread LMAO

For exercising that muscle group I would go for the old fashioned dumbbell row routine, bro.

People who say lean back are egolifters for such a small muscle group. You are literally supposed to do it at a light weight and standing up straight to isolate the small muscle groups. If your gonna lean back really far and just yank the weight do a barbell row instead.

Do people really do these with feet side by side? I always have one foot in front of the other for stability.

You have to lean back to balance the weight out. You physically cannot pull without counteracting the force. Even with 50lbs, you have to lean back. Even with 10lbs.

I get what you're saying, but you're saying it wrong.

Just do lat raises with your palms facing backwards

screamingrotatorcuffs.mp4

They can scream all they want, I'm the one doing all the work

A very, very very slight lean sure. But the muscles involved in the movement are so small they cant really pull that much weight anyway. Most people fall back with the weight and pull, or pull the weight back and lean at the same time which is turning it into an entirely different movement. I dont really know how to phrase it but i guess the gist of it is understood.

low weight.lean back.if it doesnt feel right grab the rope from the middle or wherever u fell comfort