Why is the deadlift the greatest exercise?

Why is the deadlift the greatest exercise?

>do deadlifts
>after set feel primal rage fill my body
>want to crush a skull with my hands while pounding a girl

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wYREQkVtvEc
youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA
youtube.com/watch?v=oiDczs9j75E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pic related IS NOT me btw

the movemnt itself is probably the most primal lift. it's also the hardest in terms of CNS fatigue, so you have to overcome that mental barrier. Also the more muscles you recruit in a lift, the more test it releases.

You have to be 18 to post here, little guy

well met

Please clarify what part of this post suggests im under 18?

How's my form?

Haven't been doing this long, and it's a warmup set, but it's basically how I look doing heavier weights.

Gyno/10

keep your fucking chin tugged in

>i feel like such a BIG man when I lift BIG weights :DDD
You're either underage or very insecure

LMAO

it's pretty bad m8, look at the bar position relative to your feet.

look at some vids and work on a tight setup.

And you feel like a small man because you lift small weights. Not our problem

Fair enough, cheers. When paying attention to my form I've basically just been trying to avoid an curved back so far.

FWIW, how's my back?

Your starting form looks like transexual sprinter trying to get in position while wearing heels. Move your ass back, activate your hamstrings, tuck your body further forward, retract your shoulders and fix your lower back, it should be slightly curved inward as if you were bracing your gut.
You're dangling the weight in front of you like a big necklace, you're going to snap your shit doing that. Keep the bar on your body or very close.
You're putting weight on your lower back when you stop driving with your legs, don't do this, push your pelvis to the bar and lock out.When setting the weight down, you break at the hips, and only move your legs when the bar is below your knees.

Also, you're treating the lift as if it were two movements, meaning you drive up with your legs then pull with your body, you will snap your shit up if you do this. The weight should come straight up transferring from your hams to your ass, your lower back and upper back only support, they don't pull.

thanks!

Could be worse. Bar is too far forward when it should be mid-foot, you need to have the bar touch the ground and stop before starting a new rep (no idea why you aren't even touching), and keep your neck neutral. Get new shoes that don't have raised heels, do leg curls/RDLs, and work on bracing your core.

youtube.com/watch?v=wYREQkVtvEc
youtube.com/watch?v=4AObAU-EcYE
youtube.com/watch?v=jEy_czb3RKA

Here's 100kg (four days ago). Given the replies already, I can see that my form is even worse, but thought I'd post it.

Your lumbar is rounded, your hips are starting too low, knees are way too far forward, bar should be like an inch from your shins at start, and you are relying on leg drive. This is a deadlift, not a squat.

First rep you had minimal if any rounding. After that it goes to shit.

My advice to you is reduce the weight watch Rippetoes video on lower back extension and deadlift setup and start setting your back between every rep.
Also let the weight fall you're bouncing it.

Far too many Caramel Keks are messing up your form

Not him but I have an issue with this

I have to move in two movements otherwise I can't lift the weight.
When the bar is mid-foot, the only way for me to reach it and still be stable is if my knees go well past the bar. When I lift up, my knees don't go back fast enough

(I'm also 6'3 and have a short upper body for my frame)

Should note that I (OP) am also 6'3''.

Move your butt back and put your torso a little below 45 degrees keeping your chest above the bar. I'm 6'6 with a pretty short upper body, just get into a position where you can feel your hamstrings working to pull the weight. Rack pulls will help you a lot, its the safest way to learn how to employ your hamstrings in deadlifts.

put the fucking bar on the ground in between reps jesus

this is a bait right? guy has the worst possible diddly shoes and doesnt even TOUCH the floor between reps.

I'm 6'2 so had to work on my flexibility and learn to load my hamstrings correctly.

Not saying anything about the form. This has been discussed enough. But for the sake of every god in every religion of the past,present and future get rid of those shoes. I snap my shit up just watching someone doing these kind of lifts with those wobbly ass soles. Do it with your socks or buy some decent shoes with a flat sole mate

DO YOU HAVE ANY CLUE WHY ITS CALLED A DEADLIFT? ITS BECAUSE THE FUCKING WEIGHT IS SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD ON THE FLOOR BETWEEN EACH REP, NOT FLOATING IN MID AIR, NOT BOUNCING LIKE A DILDO OFF THE FLOOR.

also take off your fucking meme shoes

>never had that alpha endorphin rush from full body lifting
Do you also hate toxic masculinity and male privilege?

Put the bar down dead as in the name, focus on form cues, brace core, blow out your stomach and tighten abs creating tension and support in core, do a rep, repeat.

How to fix rounded lumbar? i seem to have this permanent

Absolutely god awful, you're squatting the weight more than you are deadlifting it

To be fair, he's wearing normie lifting shoes and it looks like he's in a commercial gym so he's probably trying to avoid letting it hit the floor to avoid attention.

That being said, smash that fuckin weight down brah don't be a pussy

his shoes are terrible for deadlifts (and every other compound lift) which he would know if he spent 1 minute googling.

also if you cant do deadlifts in a commercial gym because you cant drop the weight, either switch gym or dont do the lift, trying to do some halfassed deadsquat is gonna send him to snap city.

Deadlift is pretty reliant on leg drive... it's a huge compound movement for legs and lower back lol..

in addition to all the advice. don't go slow. explode upwards as best you can while keeping form intact.

we know

"Projecting, the post"

>plaid shorts

Why?

really bad desu

weight is over your toes

craning your neck back

knees locking out wayyyyyyy before your hips are, deadlift has basically become two movements

watch this entire video

This is me.

the surge of adrenaline makes you feel powerful but you're still a dyel

Bro, you've gotten enough criticism, just wanted to say keep it the fuck up man. Never stop improving bro. Appriciate the humility too. Personal humility is the only way to grow. Have at it son.

3 things.
1. Have bar be about 1 inch away from shins
2. Make sure to set the bar down between reps completely. It's called a deadlift because you preform it from a dead stop.
3. Make sure your knees lock out at the same time your hips lock out. If you watch your video your knees finish straightening too early.

At least your back seems to be in a good position.

Also it's not as bad as other people are saying, just work on those and you're fine

Can anyone make a single thread or post on Veeky Forums without wanting to talk about having sex with a girl

You're all so fucking insecure. Holy shit

Deadmeme = #1 ego lift

Deadmeme is for e stating only, which nobody gives a fuck about. It is comically useless for acquiring aesthetics

Compare a guy who does deadmeme next to a guy who doesn't and does HIIT cardio or abs or something instead, and the non=meme lift guy will look better

yeah when could picking something heavy up off the ground ever be useful

>muh functional strength

t. crosshitter

Are you competing for a strong man competition? Are you a stupid pleb who moves oversized 500 lb furniture for a living?

kyys

The only reason to not do deadlifts is to do a variation. I'm trying to hit 405 on the deficit deadlift before I move on to Jeffersons or Behind-the-back

Deadlift variations are even better.

>implying you need to lift weights, let alone deadlift, in order to lift heavy things off the ground in day to day life

Deadlift is the number one exercise for teaching the core about transferring force and power. Either you deadlift or do a variation, or you're an unathletic lifter. Athleticism will always beat metrosexual bodybuilders in overall fitness, well being, and confidence.

>functional strength

all strength is functional retard

>implying deadlifting doesn't help you do so

enjoy blowing your back out all to shit at 50.

Your form lacks purpose. Go heavier.

>pretty sure my deadlift form isnt the greatest
>see this thread and get nervous
Fuck boys. I guess I'll have my gym bro film a set tomorrow

Nah, I just felt it enough times to not act like it's something special my dear underaged friend.

>blowing your back out

Yeah I mean, if you're a mentally stunted ape and can't figure out how to do it properly.

i fucking hate to deadlift. Been stuck at 285kgs for 3 years now.

Holy shit that voice