What does Veeky Forums think of Primitive Technology? How far do you think he can go by himself?

What does Veeky Forums think of Primitive Technology? How far do you think he can go by himself?

Attached: primitive technology.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e5nfrehyWDM?t=148
youtube.com/watch?v=gKx-Jms624A
youtu.be/e5nfrehyWDM?t=369
youtube.com/watch?v=ZmHY9DkD1Hw
youtube.com/watch?v=i9TdoO2OVaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He will not advance beyond rocks and sticks.

>in before
Something something niggers something something mud huts, something something indo-europeans something something something aryans something civilization

I love that guy's videos, I watched them for hours when I first found his channel

>"""primitive""" technology
>uses a video camera
immersian broken tbqh

living the dream

The sad truth. Didn't he say that the land he bought is low in iron?

he seems a cool guy, would follow to found a new civilization

Attached: 4407.jpg (1200x525, 169K)

He's already did some pre-copper age techniques.

Really, he could build a wind farm or a watermill with simple wooden planks lying around. For example, a simple wooden watermill could be used to create a stable blast furnace system.

I don't think he has any running water besides the small creek though.

Small creek is enough, all he has to do is divert the water and build stable pressure. Done with the use of gravity.

A tiniest of the constant running water is all that's needed.

Not true. The creek can't provide meaningful torque. You need to have a certain level of water flow to move the wheel. Otherwise the wheel will move too slowly to provide any usable power.

His monjolo is probably the most he will be able to get out of it.

You use gravity to create that pressure needed to move larger wheels. On top of that, creating a dam will also stabalize the water pressure source.

You're not going to create electricity, just a wheel that turns and that mechanical motion in turn blows air to sustain a hot furnace.

Ofcourse you can use that mechanical energy to drive other things too

The maximum power you can derive from a water wheel is represented by the equation: P = p*g*h*Q
P is the power output.
p is the density of the fluid being used (in our case just water)
h is the effective head of the water, which is itself a function of the velocity of the water and the height that the water moves
Q is the volumetric flow rate

The creek has very little water moving very slowly. Even if he built a dam, the volumetric flow rate would have to decrease as the dam fills up until water eventually comes over the dam, keeping the flow rate the same, or all the water can be released increasing the flow rate, but at the cost of having to wait for the dam to fill up again (as demonstrated with the monjolo).

And this is for a perfectly efficient water wheel. In real life, you will also have to deal with frictional losses between the axle and whatever it is trying to drive. It is most likely that the wheel will get stuck trying to drive something and water will just flow over it with no motion.

>youtu.be/e5nfrehyWDM?t=148
Look at that creek size and flow rate. That's enough to drive a wheel easily. As a simple test run, he could put a wheel right under the water fall and it would spin.

>youtube.com/watch?v=gKx-Jms624A
Here's a similar small creek in flow rate/volume with driving a wheel.

You under estimate the power of the creeks.

Also
>youtu.be/e5nfrehyWDM?t=369
>manually blowing fire when a water source is nearby

You're about as funny as a car crash

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmHY9DkD1Hw

This too. A weaker/smaller creek driving a wider/slower wheel.

>youtube.com/watch?v=i9TdoO2OVaA

Here's a small hydro project Primitive Tech did. If he kept it up, he could use that water source to automate clay making too for his other videos.

>divert water
>create a dam

Hello future inadvertent ecoterrorist.

As long as you include spillways, you're fine.

Then again, fun was banned in Australia in the late nineties, so it might be some kind of environmental violation.

>reads up online
>implements it
>autistic pollacks think it was sheer ingenuity

Also lets be clear about one thing. /pol/ claims that African population will explode by 2100. And this is true. The reason is due to advancement in medication, and continued economic activity in one of the wealthiest continents on Earth. Africa is one of the fastest growing gdps on Earth. (inb4 its easy to have high gdp when u shit). You think its possible to sustain 3 bn people while living in huts and receiving