Mental Health Thread

>been feeling extremely down for a few weeks
>convincing myself that I have much to live for but doesn't seem to work
>think about killing myself on my birthday. Been suicidal for a few years now.
>sunday comes
>time for my 2nd day of football practice as a noob
>get a level 2 sprain on my knee after messing up in the tackle drills
It's been 2 days now and somehow feel a bit happier and less depressed even after that
Still having a hard time going up and down the stairs or sitting down and standing up
What's up with that?
Also mental health thread

Same OP. I get seasonal depression and I am already starting to feel it.

Get your vitamin D niggaz. 5000ui a day

>What's up with that?
Read Nietzsche's Ecce Homo there's a great audiobook on youtube. He talks about exploiting the bodily response to self preservation. Basically, when you are ill going to the very precipice of death (intentionally) to trigger your natural response to save yourself. He explains better but you can think of a suicidal person going to the edge of a building and jumping off only to be caught at the last minute. As they are falling, in that one moment, they will experience this natural self-preservation instinct. Nietzsche basically starved himself to get to that point iirc. anyway read the book.

supplementing vit d?

>Depressed long term
>lift every day to fight it
>get burned out, took yesterday off
>feeling like shit today
Wondering how I'm gonna get through this day tbdesu lads, not feeling like I'm gonna make it

I've to fight it everyday, or at least something like it. If i don't get to the gym for a few days, I start feeling down and apathetic. I am trying to tap into that all-consuming obsession to do the things I want to do, but it's hard to fight

PLS REMBER

>remember those days you will never experience again
Thanks guys, I feel great noiw :DDD

Is this how self harming works?

31 year old here. Went to a psychiatrist due to my depressive tendencies and overall anxieties. He suggested that we make cautious attempts to better my brain chemistry.

Started taking Cipralex (SSRI) antidepressants and going to see how I feel. Just feeling worried that I'm hooking myself to addictive pills that will forever fuck with my brain.

Then again, not taking action is not good for me. I just need to vent and put this out there, brehs.

I was on them twice before. They did me a lot of good.

You'll likely be on them a few months to a year or so. Although it's been a few years since I was on any meds I know I need them again, but I don't go to the doctor about it.

Sorry, I should also add they're not really addictive. They take a while to get working but I had no trouble getting off them.

hey guys,
Lifting has been going well, I'm generally going with low reps high sets and minimum 85% of my 1RM which seems to be suiting my masochistic side really well.
But other than lifting nothing has really been going very well, I interviewed for the armed forces and got turned away at the psych stage, and told that I had a "pattern of consistently underachieving" and that I might have had or still do have a mood disorder.
I actually burst into tears in the office and I just couldn't stop, and this man systematically stripped me down and told me why I wasn't suitable for service, told me to go and get help because I obviously wasn't coping. Fuck me, what can I do? I'm really not trying to be defeatist here and I'm struggling to make sense of my life, I'm capsizing in relatively benign waters and I can't seem to get out of this rut. I'm so tired anons, I really am, getting told that you should do what you enjoy only works when you enjoy things. I can't remember what I really enjoy anymore, lifting has been my only real solace and it's losing its shine.
user's, I'm fucking scared.

You should see a doctor lad, that sounds a lot like depression.

Thanks dude
I've got a referral for counseling from my GP, but my appointment is in January. Shit is going to suck for awhile, but I've been feeling like hammered dog shit for longer than this wait. I just don't want to feel like this anymore, I want to be able to get out of bed and look forward to my day. I hope all you user's out there that feel like shit on the daily can find it in you to get some form of help, doesn't matter how small.

Fuark bro are you me? Same thing with armed force application and the psych and everything. I just started crying and he doubled down on me.

Idk I've always got teary when I'm one-on-one with a "superior" or " higher ranking" or whatever my whole life. Literally since i was like 6.

Bipolarfag here, in the middle of putting everything back in order after a couple of years of pure bullshit. Kind of back to square one in life generally but trying to see it as an opportunity and not dwell on regrets too much. Having a good time getting Veeky Forums and diving back into music again, looking for work and getting back in touch with people. Still finding it hard not to beat myself up constantly for fucking up so badly again but I know it's not constructive.

He just broke me apart in about 10 minutes and then I just couldn't hold it back. It's like he cracked my shell and that shell was surprisingly fragile.
He just rocked the view I'd always had of myself, in less time than it takes to make breakfast in the morning.
It's a catalyst for me, I'm getting help and I going to anally rape this depression even if it fucking kills me. I'm scared but I need to do something

my dude, just go at the pace your going. You're getting your eggs back into your basket and that's the good thing, we all die anyways so time really doesn't matter too much and wasted time is a human concept. Be the devilman your meant to be.

I couldn't say it better myself. I was just shattered in minutes and fucked with my views without a second thought.

I dont know what i need to do to fix shit so I'm gonna chug along as I am because it's something I'm used to i guess and not all that awful

:'(

Anybody heard of distortions in size and distance of objects? This has been happening lately and I don't know why.

Thanks, breh. I've also read about side-effects, but I intend to sweat them out for the first 2 weeks or so.

Supposedly, the body takes some time to be accustomed to them and then they disappear. Yay or nay?

Dissociation. It's weird. I used to get it a lot when my anxiety was bad. Read up on it and see if it applies to you. If not then maybe you need glasses or something lol

I do need glasses, but I doubt that causes things to change size around me.

It only seems to happen when I go outside so I guess it could be anxiety

I didn't have any side effects desu, but the pills took around 3/4 weeks until I started to notice the difference. It's different for everyone. Give it a try and there are many other therapies/meds you can take if it doesn't work.

Thanks mang. Veeky Forums has given me a ton of encouragement this year, best board

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back. The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total person. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

Stretching and flexibility work! It'll get your lifting related reward circuits firing and you'll still feel like you're contributing to your goals.

This works for me, anyway.

That's a good idea, thanks user.

I've been thinking of selling my car to pay off the rest of my loans and then just quitting this shitty fucking office job and doing something else for a while.
I'm going bald at 23 and my eyes are starting to get fucked up from too much screen time in this windowless office.
I realized the last time I did something worth telling a story about was months ago.
I don't want to feel like I'm stuck on a track for the next 50 years already at 23

It's called seasonal depression and being a young adult. You'll get over it in a few years.

It's something most people deal with while transitioning from child to adult; though I am guessing you probably are a LATE bloomer.

Nonetheless, it's nothing too bad. People blow it out of proportion on the internet because most people on the internet are either extremely anxious themselves, enjoy making up "facts", and/or are not old enough to be past that phase in their life themselves.

I mean sure, kill yourself if you want, but do it after actually deserving something like that. You're just feeling down for a period of time (which seems like forever, as years feel longer when you are younger); killing yourself for just being a bit sad is a faggot's way out. If you're gonna kill yourself, do it after a messy divorce, in front of your ex-wife and the children (so to make them hate the bitch forever for killing you). See, now there's a lasting impression with a suicide. What are people gonna think about your suicide?
"Eh, some guy just up and randomly killed himself on his birthday? Whatever. Seems like a dick move to his loved ones, but meh. His life, his choice I guess."

If you're gonna die, which we all are Mr. Impatient, then may as well use your one death for something meaningful. If you're gonna kill yourself, do it in a meaningful way. Whether it be traumatizing your loved ones, saving a person in need, or maybe something that will get on national news, make your one and only death worthwhile. It's an event in it's own special way.

So once again, don't go out like a bitch. Just keep living until you get old enough to mentally work out your problems and mature more. Though, that's just my advice.

Finding auditions are harder than I thought
I really want to be an actor

Go on a roadtrip to Hollywood and find every available audition you can, whether it be through speaking with people or finding the information through another medium.

Just remember to be confident and proud of the achievements you've made getting to the point you have. Every day is a step towards the future you've always envisioned. Just remember to take that step, even if it is uncomfortable or out of the way.

I believe in you, user.

Positive self talk is KEY.

Stop telling yourself you CAN'T do it, making excuses. Just go for what you want and constantly tell yourself how great you are doing every single day.

man this is some shit advice desu. killing yourself is fucked on all accounts. you shouldn't separate body and soul like that brah. they're best friends

I’m in New York so it’s like second Hollywood with theater
All I’ve gotten were voice acting for like webcomic stuff, and I can’t afford an agent right now

Terrible post and terrible advise. Sorry user.

I'm not OP but what I'm experiencing is not seasonal (it's been going on for a few years in its most recent incarnation) and I'm past the point of transitioning (I'm 33, I have a wife, car, job, kids, all that stuff). This is my third major depressive episode.

You cannot assume because it's October OP's problems are seasonal.

Killing himself in front of his kids is just wrong, stupid, and selfish. You don't think that would be a "dick move to his loved ones"? Better to cause as little suffering to others as possible if you've decided to go down that road. The world's hard enough as it is.

0/10, would not read again

All of us die eventually. I am saying to make your one death meaningful. Preference of the good option is always recommended, but it's up to him how he wants to spend his life.

Body and soul will all be separated one day. It's accepting that separation and learning to live alongside it that is the most important quality to becoming happy and fulfilled.

Now that's where we differ in opinion. In my opinion, if someone is going to die, it is best not to flicker out like a weak flame; an explosion spelling out your name is a better way to leave an impression.

Though, yeah that example was really bad. I apologize for it. I should have used a more uplifting example.

Making an impression or having a meaningful death means nothing when you're dead. Better to lead a meaningful life. How it ends is less important.

G4p?

No

>200lbs is 200lbs
Counting bar or no?

Unrelated rip Gord, trying not to let his death get to me i can feel the onset of seasonal depression already

f

He outlived Tom Petty. I don't think anyone saw that coming.

I know its not a popular subject.

Ive struggled with depressive tendancies ever since my teens. I went on multiple drugs to try and alleviate it, intensive talk therapy. It was all bullshit.

8 years ago my friend offered me shrooms. He said to take a big dose and he would sit. 5 grams cyanescens. It was the first time I'd ever done anything other than weed.

It was the worst experience of my life. I freaked out, I panicked, I had no idea what I'd gotten myself into. I had even forgotten for a good part of it I was me and I'd taken drugs.

As it wore off I was cursing my buddy, crying, upset, I never wanted to see him again. I walked home after I was provably sober.

I woke up the next afternoon from the best sleep I had ever experienced. I was still upset about the trip. But I could actually feel that it had changed me somehow. I felt alive. I sat outside literally staring at the grass for an hour because it was so green.

I had tapered off my anti-depressents for the mushroom trip and I decided I was going to see how long this have lasted. It was about 8 or nine months back into the depth of winter when I started feeling down again.

I did another 5 gram trip and got similar results. When I start feeling down Ill have a trip. But I never get anywhere near as ante depressed as I used to be.

That being said. It isn't a magic bullet. You need a sitter on high doses, and you'll need to be ready to deal with emotional trauma afterwards. Personally I found the best healing comes from a dimly lit room with no music, tv, or any real distractions to focus on so your mind goes inside itself.

>tinder bio has a few lines
>one is about how I'm a good breakfast chef
>occasionally match with a fat chick by accident
>without fail they all ask me about breakfast food immediately
It's like they can smell bacon

I took shrooms once. I didn't need meds for seven years after it. I don't know if it was connected, but it's likely.

No reason not to do this. It's cheap as dirt

I think it is. They showed that mushrooms in that clinical trial improved mental health markers in patients for the 6 months of monitoring. Not only from the patient's perspective, but their friends and family and their own doctors saw sustained improvements.

>7 years
Thats impressive. Still med free?

>Irl wizard
>Still alive

I dont know why I even bother. Have had depression for more then half my life.

Anyone here ever microdose mushrooms or Lsd?
I have ADHD, and I quit tbe stimulants cold turkey but still have a lot of brain fog.
I hear they help.
I also have had a lot of anxiety issues in the past. But I fixed those with an allergy elimination diet.