Is this bs?

My friend was telling me the first time he deadlifted with a high school coach he pulled 180kg at 17.

Is this possible? he competes in powerlifting at a state level now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P_OGBGNlKvo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Of course it's possible
I would say it's even likely considering he competes in powerlifting now

Was teaching this kid how to hang clean in high school

Was showing him how to do it with 225

Had a bar with Olympic 10s ready for him

He picks up the 225 and brings it up to his shoulders with the worse possible form

I'm like...wtf

I lifted 4, 35lb plates on each side of a trap bar at age 16 untrained

Raised on a farm, carrying hay bales in each hand probably helped

Is that a little under 4pl8s? Yeah its possible. Probably had shit form though

180 is 4pl8

Its possible considering he competes, however a lot of people tend to understate how much they have trained beforehand. I'm sure he lifted a bit before that.

>180kg
~400lbs. the first time he ever deadlifted? probably not true, unless he grew up doing heavy manual labor or is a genetic monster

hes not a monster but he is naturally quite built, stocky legs, broad shoulders, thick wrists etc

No human being would put that much on the bar for a deadlift if they hadn't done it before.
Even if he was strong enough to move the weight, without understanding form and how to properly engage your muscles he would have no doubt injured himself.

> when you nut but she still sucking

only if he was playing football and hockey since birth.

>No human being would put that much on the bar for a deadlift if they hadn't done it before.

Is that your opinion or are you stating scneitific fact?

Unlikely, but definitely possible.
t. pulled 130 kg on my first day, after having done literally zero sports or manual labour for the previous 20 years

GPP can come in different forms other than lifting weights.

Greg Nuckols claims to have benched 275lbs and pulled 425lbs on his first attempts. He explains he did a lot of pushups for football and he worked in a logging town regularly picking up wood.

To add: some people are at a genetic advantage as well.

Hmm

Benching your bodyweight is not impressive.
Powerlifting at "the state level" is literally normie shit.

>hehe yeah bro it was easy hehe first time wow
Listen I could pull a 200kg ez for the first time and sacrifice all form and brag about it, wouldn't make me less of a shitcock
vid of ur friend
vid of u first time deadlifting
youtube.com/watch?v=P_OGBGNlKvo

>he competes in powerlifting at a state level now
>he pulled 180kg at 17

Perhaps the two are linked.

FWIW, Ken Patera, the last great American heavyweight weightlifter, pressed 100kg the first time he lifted a barbell. At 16!

Ofc it is possible. I benched 220 when I was 14 and squat 315 at 17 and didn't train religiously.

Greg Nuckols started out with a 100 pound weight set though when he was young

yes, easily

my genetics are nothing special overall (somewhat above average for pulling) and i deadlifted 500 (~230kg i think) @ 190lb (85kg) at 17

Post a video of you deadlifting 600 now

to be honest the roof for deadlifts is pretty high if you sacrifice form, especially before 200 kg

When I was 15 I weighed 117lbs and deadlifted 260 untrained. I was your typical skinny kid.

At 16 I deadlifted 315 cause I saw someone else at the gym doing it that was around my age.... He didn't look much bigger so I figured that was a good weight to begin with. it was hard but i got it up

No, my uncle is a powerlifter, I went lifting with him and he made sure my form was good.

Roof height matters more when you're doing OHP.

>vid of u first time deadlifting
so? he still picked it up

snappening as it was, it'd be legal in a strongman comp

american pl8s are 20.4kg and not 20 so amerifats 4pl8 is slightly heavier