Gods Snack

Why arn't you eating these? I have found them as cheap as $1.89 when on sale.

>80 calories
>30 calories from fat
>12 grams protein
>3 grams fat
>2 grams carbs (0 sugar)

>Grass fed Vension
>Lactic Acid
>Sea Salt
>Celery Powder
>Cracked Pepper
>Onion Powder
>Garlic Powder

I've tried a lot of them, for the macros they taste pretty fucking horrific

The venison has the best macros and tastes the best. I can't believe the macros on the beef products, absolutely atrocious.

I just make my own. Much cheaper than $1.89.

I reside in the Kommunist Kapital of Kalifonikhastan

I've tried a couple different ones. I thought they all tasted pretty bad except for the bison bacon one. I'd rather stick with jerky

Every venison one I've had is gamey as fuck which is odd considering that you usually get most of the gamey-ness from wild deer.

Just not for me, but my office stocks Jack Links prime rib bites and I just take like 8 packs from the kitchen when I get back from the gym.

So venison jerky at 2$ an oz, great thread 0/10

The sodium content in stuff like that is usually fucking horrific, but other than that it's not too bad for the price I guess.

explain yourself, sir

Kill deer. Process deer. Season meat. Put into smoker/dehydrator/oven. Enjoy.

390mg

I guarantee you after rifle, ammo, sighting, tags, gas to drive out there, days in the field, processing (whats your time worth? Are you sending your quarters to a butcher?)

This is cheaper.

I have hunted, I know of people who do hunt, its fun, but unless you live off the land are up in Alaska and its a way of life, it is not economical.

Now if your argument was buying cattle at auction and letting it graze in your yard before sending it off to the butcher. Yea that is often cheaper.

Not even that user but its not like you have to buy a new gun every time you go out to hunt, and it doesn't have to take you days.

Yea, but if you break down the costs, hunting is not economical for most people, no matter how hard the hunting fags try to justify it.

I even live in a rural location where legally I could hunt less than a mile from where I am writing this post. Its still a pain in the ass.

If you like it, and its something you want to do as a hobby, sure have at it. Just don't try to justify it as an economical way to feed one self.

but what when no gun, deer nearby?

>buy an oz of meat for $2
>process 45lbs of meat from a deer for the price of bullets with the gun I already own

Stop shilling

You don't carry a gun in your asshole? Look at this guy!

right and buying an oz of meat for $2 is totally economical, right?

Brah, we are talking about 2$ an oz fucking hipster jerky on sale. One small ass deer kill will easily yield 20pounds of lean meat. At 2$ an oz that’s $640, and 20lbs is a very conservative estimate

It's not a first obviously but with a quality gun and the right equipment you can go do it for years and years and that's a lot of meat.

Tags?
Fuel to get out there?
Cost of your time?

I could go on a weekend hunting trip, or I could pull a weekend of overtime and make $2,000, I could buy lets say realistically 500oz of these sticks, so ok 32lbs instead of your 45lbs.

I see you win by 13lbs.

I concede sir, you are the true champ.

I’ve tried one and it was terrible - chalky texture, bad taste and like others have mentioned mediocre macros. I’ve never seen them on sale so for $3-4 I’ll take a muscle milk.

Not shitting on your opinion on the taste, but really... Muscle Milk? Now I have to question your taste.

Once you're done tying to use your econ 101 logic understand that hunting is an activity meant to also provide enjoyment pushing more utility towards leisure with added income. Stop being such a stuck up about it. In the long run it is definitely cheaper, and gets cheaper as skill progresses. It is also a much better way of feeding yourself. 60lbs of meat from a deer lasts an extremely long time for someone who doesn't actually eat 2lbs+ of meat a day like on fit. Hunting has been and always will be an effective way of feeding yourself.

>hurr humblebrag about how much money I make!
>Im still wrong but you're less right than I'll admit!
>I am the far superiore argumenter!

faggot

>he thinks hunting is expensive

God damn, city folk are dumb.

It is economical for me. Here's a reasonable breakdown. I hunt on land that I live on that has been in my family for years. I have a bow that I paid $500 for about 8 years ago. I spend $30 a year in broadheads. I kill 8-10 deer a year which yield 30-50 pounds of meat each depending on the size of the deer. So bare minimum 240 lbs of meat. It takes me about two hours to process each deer myself. Basically a Saturday gets eaten up every time I kill one. So for about $100 a year and 8-10 Saturdays a year I get a minimum of 240lbs of venison. I win.

Lol this is coming from a guy who mixes shakes at home with water so anything bottled tastes like heaven. Is this really a thing, not liking muscle milk (chocolate or vanilla)?

Still wrong?

I am right. Hunting fags are the worst.

Middle of October or November (depending on where you are and season). Sitting in the cold with your cousin cleetus. Covered in deer piss. There is a chance you are going to go home with nothing. You've dropped $1000 on your whole hunting trip when you add up fuel, food, deer piss, that walmart camo hat, booze and cans of chew. I mean worst case scenario you get to jerk each other off right? Oh and also argue on Veeky Forums about how economical hunting is and how its wonderful.

The rest of us arn't humble bragging. I could hunt if I want, I have gone hunting, I just choose to call the butcher and buy my meat. Its not saying I look down on those that hunt, fuck I'll gladly take venison when its offered by coworkers, friends and family, I even kick a few bucks in. I just think its hilarious when hunting fags try to justify it in black and white as if those that choose not to hunt are fucking dumb.

Naw bro, I just dont want to sit in camp eating beans just to bunk with Cleetus who has IBS.

You sound like you couldn't even find a field, let alone walk one.

>fuel to get out there

You mean walking outside to my backyard?

A+ job trolling in this thread

So I am a minority, but because I can hunt on my own land and it sounds like I am not limited on my bag and don't need tags, everyone else who doesn't hunt must be a fag.

Bro, you are like a Nigerian prince with a PhD, a fucking unicorn situation.

For most people, hunting is costly, but that is ok. I'd rather live where I am, with a good job, access to 1st world amenities and financially be able to go hunting for fun when I feel like getting around to it.

TLDR version-
>Posters defending hunting live in very specific circumstances that 99.9% of people do not, and somehow they assume their situation is normal and therefore they are right.

kek then stop shilling your shitty 500% markup venison jerky you fucking mong

I Love how every thread turns into a rage thread, kek

Is this some sort of /k/ pasta?

Bro,

These hunting fags are just hungry for Cleetus' cum. They can't wait to go hunting this weekend. Fucking protein mang. They need it.

>99.9% of people live in the city where they can't hunt for cheap

Really clocks the ol' noggin.

It should be.

>projecting this hard
You gay or something?

No, just proving a point.

I can afford to buy my meat. I don't need to beg Cleetus for protein.

This chart may help you. Let's go through your shitpost line by line.

>Sitting in the cold with your cousin cleetus. Covered in deer piss. There is a chance you are going to go home with nothing.
Currently you're implying that the cold is unbearable, and are trying to imply I'm a 'hick' (whatever that truly is) by saying my cousin is named cleetus, not productive. You could just say "the cold makes me uncomfortable. Going home with nothing is a chance in life, have you ever cold approached a woman? Have you never given a big pitch at work? In my previous post I mentioned how hunting becomes more economical with skill, and that takes practice.

>You've dropped $1000 on your whole hunting trip when you add up fuel, food, deer piss, that walmart camo hat, booze and cans of chew.
You clearly have little understanding of how equipment works, are are just attempting to insult me. (see chart) In reality, for a far weekend trip you'll use at most two tanks of gas, so what, 70 dollars? Let's give you a very generous estimate of 50 for the hat. Let's also give you another 50 for the deer piss (not everyone uses that either) and then move into another insult for booze and chew. I don't drink, most hunters I know don't do those things either. I treat my body well.
I can value a solid 24 hours in the woods at under 200 dollars given I'm not constantly buying new equipment, and under 100 if all I have is gas, my rifle or bow, and a bag of trail mix since I'm not a giant faggot who needs to eat every 3 hours.

Your cost estimates are only insults.

>still projecting
You are seriously gay.

I never said you were a fag. You started making assumptions about everyone else based on your situation and misapplying economic theory. I explained my situation to you. Aside from not having to pay anything but property taxes for my land, I'm in the same situation most people who live in the south are in. Get out of your bubble and stop projecting.

You write all that autism to argue what? How great this 2$ an oz jerky is? You could go to the best market and get dry aged grass fed ribeye or filet for that you stupid nigger

SOOOOOEEEEEEEY

Cleetus is calling, his protein glands are getting swollen for you. Don't want to leave your buddy alone in the field do you?

How much return on investment do your hobbies bring in faggot?

Let's address this other pile of poor writing.
>The rest of us arn't humble bragging. I could hunt if I want, I have gone hunting, I just choose to call the butcher and buy my meat. Its not saying I look down on those that hunt, fuck I'll gladly take venison when its offered by coworkers, friends and family, I even kick a few bucks in. I just think its hilarious when hunting fags try to justify it in black and white as if those that choose not to hunt are fucking dumb. Naw bro, I just dont want to sit in camp eating beans just to bunk with Cleetus who has IBS.

Point out where anyone in the thread says "Hunting is the only viable options! you're an idiot if you don't only hunt lmao!"
No one did that, you're the only autist trying to speak in definites. Again, you're retreating to insults about this Cleetus, while not actually providing any point of substance. Literally nothing in this paragraph was productive, or even moved anything towards your point at all. Why would you write it, are you just trying to be an ass?

Oh, you mean investing my money in stocks and seeing ~20% returns each year?

Well, by this point, about $800,000 now. You?

>Look mom, I'm insulting someone on the internet! I did it!

I got you to reply.

you bumped my post, now more people will be aware of epic bars.

Those dollarozos in that pic are worth labout 2usd

That feeling as an OP when people have started flinging shit for both sides and since this is user no one knows who OP is and who the other shit flingers are.

Damn, time to sit back and eat my epicbars.

>Afford to buy my meat
>flashes 2 usd to prove his point
Filthy playa

I live in a medium sized town. My total investment in hunting is exactly the cost of the deer tags and maybe $40 a year in gas. Even in places where it is very cold you can get used cold weather gear for very cheap and see massive savings in meat. It doesnt cost much to get in your vehicle and drive out of town.

This may be the best thread on Veeky Forums tonight.

Thanks for the laugh OP.

Yea, but can you guarantee the deer are 100% grass fed?

Epic bars can.

Fucking kek. Anyone who invests in the stock market doesn't see anywhere near 20% yearly returns. Which tells me your only hobby is larping and shitposting on 4 chins. Which is a horrible return on investment.

>Ha, I am just an asshole for recreation!
Good luck with life

Implying I am not paid by epic bars to shit post.

Yikes, i was about to order, then OP revealed what a huge faggot he is. Now i realize just buying steak is cheaper. Thanks for being such a flaming gaga homo, your probably Californian.

I like these particularly, better macros and tastier.

Man you triggered them

>most hunters I know don't drink

lmfao where the fuck are you from? Rural Appalachia chiming in, literally everyone drinks and hunts (though not often at the same time). You do understand that Cam Hanes and Steve Rinella are not representative of 99.9% of the people that participate in the hobby right? And this is the first time I've EVER seen someone try to argue hunting is cheaper than buying meat and this is coming from a guy with a freezer dedicated to squirrel and rabbit

>I guarantee you after rifle,
Assuming you can't borrow one, you can get a perfectly functional used rifle for ~$350 if you look around.

>ammo,
~$20. ~$40 if you want another box to practice with.

>sighting,
An hour at a public range on a day off.

>tags,
~$35 for me.

>gas to drive out there,
I'll be especially generous and say $40 each way.

>days in the field,
Vacation days, PTO or just weekends. Or hell, depending on where you live you could just hunt after work.

>processing (whats your time worth? Are you sending your quarters to a butcher?)
Processing out a deer, even for an amateur, should take no longer than 90 minutes and you get more efficient the more you do it.

Assuming you're successful, you're looking at ~$500 for ~60lb. of boneless, organic, hormone-free, free-range, grass-fed, etc. lean red meat, or $8.33/lb. Next year and further years thereafter, all you're looking at is gas money, tags, and time in the field, for a cost of about $2/lb. And this is assuming that you live in a state where you can only kill one deer per season and you get a good one. If you live somwhere like the deep south and can kill a mess of whitetails you're probably going to have more meat in the freezer for even less of everything except time.

>lmfao where the fuck are you from?
Probably a western state. We don't really do the whole "deer camp" thing.

There's a big difference between not having a kegger every weekend trip and the claim that most hunters he knows don't drink because they "treat their body right"

could god be so hungry that even his snack could not satiate him?

He'd reach for a snickers if that were the case.

6 grams of protein per dollar is shit.

Start purchasing chicken liver