Do I just have shitty chest genetics ?

Do I just have shitty chest genetics ?

I've literally been lifting for 8 months on a strength program going for 3x5 plus volume for hypertrophy sets afterwards. My squat's up to 315, but my bench literally has been stalled for the whole 8 months.

I can bench 170 for one rep and it feels "heavy", just the same way 135 for 5 feels the exact amount of "heavy" as it felt 8 months ago. I keep trying to do a linear progression but no matter how much weight I add, it still feels like the same amount of heaviness. I don't know if this explanation is making much sense, but what I'm really trying to say is no matter how much weight I'm able to lift at any given point, next time I hit the gym it doesn't feel any lighter, and my muscles can't outdo the performance from the previous time

Am I doing something wrong ? I'm eating at a surplus, my form is perfect etc.
Everything seems to be progressing. My squat's going up, my OHP's going up, my DL is going up, but for some reason I haven't been able to get any sort of tangible progress on my chest

What do Veeky Forums ?

post program

grow a fucking set of nuts

Yeah I was there too brah. Stop doing minimalist training, start doing concurrent personalization, and you will make the best gains of your life. Seriously.

>Am I doing something wrong ? I'm eating at a surplus, my form is perfect etc.
Increase your volume and add accessories. I'm personally a big fan of Spoto press and isometrics, but you can do whatever you like.

AxBxAxBxCx rinse and repeat

A:
Bench Press 3x5
Sometimes I go for another 2x1 sets to test out a one rep max
DB Incline Bench Press 3x8-12
Skullcrushers 3x8-12
Triceps extension 3x8-12
Weighed sit ups 5x8-12

B:
Overhead Press 3x5
Pullups
Front DB raises 3x8-12
Lateral DB raises+leaned DB raises superset 4x8-12
EZ bar curls 3x8-12
DB curls 3x8-12
Sometimes I throw in neck training

C:
Squat 3x5
DL 3x5
Leg extension 3x8-12
Leg curls 3x8-12

I know I don't hit my legs as often as I should but they're already massive as opposed to my tiny upper body with my noodle 13 inch arms and my flat ass chest, so I'm trying to reestablish some balance

Explain ?

Volume in what regard, as in 5x5 or ?

>Do I just have shitty chest genetics ?
also wondering this, my bench is only 12.5kg ahead of my ohp, something about this feels off.

Did you make that program yourself? What the fuck lmao

I've been stalled at 2 pl8s on my bench for like 4 months. And I'm trying to cut so it's not gonna go up any time soon. Fuark

That's more likely to be shitty bench technique than anything else. Even guys who focus on their press and don't bench much usually have a bigger gap than that (depending on what your bench and press actually are of course).

>literally two chest exercises with barely any reps on bench

why won't my chest grow??

Pretty much yeah

Like I said, I go as heavy as I can. And I'm doing the exact same thing for all other muscle groups and I still manage to see substantial growth (especially for my legs) whereas BP has literally been stalling for the last 8 months

At this point, I'd literally do anything to hit 2pl8 and stop baby benching my 1pl8 like a cuck in the gym. Especially since I go to a powerlifting gym, so seeing people squat 5pl8+ or BP 3pl8+ is a common occurrence. Shit I've seen a girl (although probably around 200 lbs or so) press my 1RM

more VOLUME. Use cable machine and use dumbells and do flys both with dumbells and cables.

If you wanna push it further do dips and landmine press.

sounds about right. no idea where im going wrong though, a guy at my gym told me i dont need to pause on my chest and i should use a wider grip but he was a roiding manlet who quater squats so i decided he probably wasnt the best person to listen to.

He might be right on that point. If you're not powerlifting there's no need to pause on the chest (though it is a useful variant and that's not a license to bounce it off your chest).

Hard to say whether a wider grip would be better without seeing you bench/knowing what your grip width is like.

i use the same grip width for bench as i do for ohp. also i generally pause at the bottom of everything. just feel it looks nicer.

I can't say definitively without knowing how narrow your OHP grip is, but unless you're out super wide when pressing that is not an optimal position for pec gains or bench numbers.

You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah.

>3x5
>my chest won't grow :((((

do some fucking volume not 3x5 meme shit

Probably your form. I broke through my plateau the second I started driving my feet solidly into the ground to the point where my back has a slight curve and I basically feel like I'm standing on my feet while pressing my lats into the bench.

I stalled on 75kg for months now I'm benching 100kg for 4 sets of 5.

Shit routine is shit

Firstly you should be doing 3x12 minimum on chest for growth

Second you should be doing Bench, OHP, Row, Dips, Pullups all in one day, with one days rest.

Do that for a month and see what happens. $50 your chest grows

You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... No, you don't understand. You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah.