The case for doing the most difficult version of a exercise

The case for doing the most difficult version of a exercise.

Think about Clarence0, he avoids using a belt wrap, sleeves etc and after years of training like that it made him a beastly squatter who can outlift a lot of ppl who are geared up.

How about doing whatever exercise on the hard version to draw out maximum gains? then when you head to the platform or focus on hypertrophy or whatever it will be hella easy for you?

Because it doesn't end up working that way most of the time. Harder is not necessarily better, especially if it isn't targeting whatever it is that makes you suck on the regular version.

Also Clarence has destroyed knees and runs a ton of gear so he might not be the best example for how beneficial a training style is.

>geared up
Naw dawg

Ok maybe not on every single thing.

But I think there is an argument to be maybe for not going to the belt or knee wraps until absolutely crucial to pushing you thru a plateau

The belt is actually making you work harder by flexing your abs harder.

280kg for 10, perfect form....and just an hour ago I did 90kg for 5 back starting to round on 5th rep. Can't even imagine that strength breh...feels like shit man

I'm pretty sure this has been debunked already

>double overhand
FUCKING BEAST
miring hard

>what is hook grip

doesn't even slip

>tfw your fingers are too short for hook grip

I used to avoid wraps and belts till I hit 1/2/3/4
Now I use wraps and belt for rack pulls over 4pl8 or high-rep work - don't want my gains to be limited by my grip.

Still deadlift raw with mixed grip.

Belt for over 1pl8 OHP too (sprained my goddamn ballsack once and not gonna take that chance again).

I'd say go raw for as long as possible, but do use equipment not to snap your shit up.

tl;dr don’t overly rely on equipment and you’re still average lifters

Look at his range of motion. Its super short.

Why would that not get you hype to work towards being that strong? Like seriously wtf is wrong with you millennials, srs

Perfect example

Why don't you give up mixed grip now, take a step back in weight but end up more beastly hookgrip in it for n the future?

Btw you risk tearing a bicep
Don't wait for that to go to hook

>don't want my gains to be limited by my grip.
just do hookgrip u fkin pussy it isnt even that hard or painful if you do it right

Lifting with a belt is harder. The belt doesn't lift any weight it just forces you to brace better. Using less equipment makes the exercise easier because you use less weight. For strength using more weight is beneficial. For hypertrophy only it's mostly about the relative intensity, so doing beltless and sleevless variations can be great if it's less fatiguing.

>being this obese
better bracing literally allows you to lif tmore weight since bracing supports your spine

lifting with and without belt has both its own purpose. lifting with a belt everytime is just stupid

>bouncing a "dead"lift

That's not a deadlift. Just a lift