Stewroids

Veeky Forums I want your best fucking soup and stew recipes. They're the fucking secret to winter gains

Other urls found in this thread:

chaosandpain.blogspot.ca/2015/12/stew-roids-wintertime-is-not-time-to.html
geniuskitchen.com/recipe/west-african-peanut-soup-134219
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not a recipe but try chorizo instead of beef. Shit is so good

Lol red meat! Any meat...

there appear to be chucks of a dead body in your food

stew is top tier food

>wanting to cut your dick off and get fake tits

this is why no one likes vegans

OP buy a ton of spices and herbs and try them out in different combinations. Oregano and Basil are a good foundation.

oh no did i hurt your fee-fees

Chili con chili con carne
>saute 3 diced onions
>in goes 1kg ground beef, garlic and ground chili, brown beef
>3 400g cans of diced tomatoes
>Paprika 50%, cumin 30%, oregano 10%, salt 5%, pepper 5%
>400g green beans, 800g kidney beans, 2 red 1 green capsicum diced
>maybe a little water to cover vegetables
>bring to boil, reduce heat and let gentle simmer for 2-4 hours
I wish I was in America so I could buy real ingredients

omg GROSS!

Behold the chili to end all chilis, been meal prepping this over winter for years now and it never disappoints. Credits to my mom and some of the less annoying faggots on Veeky Forums

finely diced chicken breast or ground beef 2lbs
olive oil 2 tbsp
bell peppers 2 big ones
mushrooms 1 generous cup
onion 1
heavy cream 1/2 cup
corn kernels 1/2 cup
kidney beans 60 oz
lentils/chickpeas/split peas/whatever along that idea 20 oz
unflavored instant oats (note: please trust me on this one) 1 1/2 cups
tomatoes, finely chopped 30 oz
water 4 1/2 cups
butter 2 tbsp, just hack it off the stick somehow kek
chili powder of choice 2 tbsp
garlic 2 fat cloves
parsley 1 tbsp
ground cumin 1 cup
hot sauce of choice, sriracha highly recommended 1 generous cup
salt and pepper to taste, don't hesitate to use lots

Put butter in large pot, let melt. Add olive oil and roughly minced garlic over medium heat until garlic starts sweating. Add peppers, onion and mushrooms and stir until onion changes color (not to brown though, lel). Add meat, beans, corn, tomatoes, lentils/other, half of hot sauce, and water, bring to a merry boil. Stir in anything left but the cream and the other half of the hot sauce, in no particular order, let boil for another 5min. while stirring and adding salt and pepper to taste. Cook 30min. on low heat, stir three to five times in between. Add cream and remaining sauce, remove from heat, stir vigorously one last time and either eat or portion and freeze. Can top with grated cheese before serving (I usually don't).

Serves 8, macros per serving are hard to guess depending on what you use but in my case using chicken and chickpeas it amounts to roughly
:
Total Calories 500ish
Fat 12ish g
Carb 70ish g
Protein 46ish g

Stews will grant you völkisch gains.
Wild boar stew is the best.
I get my boar meat from a local hunter and use pumpkins from my own garden.

>Paprika
kevin detected

I don't have anything to contribute to your thread OP but I stopped by to say I like your style.

no wait, 600ish kcals, looked at the wrong column in my notes. not that it matters

>tripfag
>has nothing to contribute
>posts anyway

jesus that looks so tasty

Your buzzing is annoying, like a mosquito, which size and strength wise is like you

If you're ok with eating oxtail, they're cheap and delicious

Mark my words, I will make this, and I will eat massive amounts of it.

This brings me childhood memories, thanks.

i have no idea where to get my hands on all the nonstandard meat qq

How ironic, you animal fucker

I will find you, and i will feed you paprika until you die

audible kek, thanks

chaosandpain.blogspot.ca/2015/12/stew-roids-wintertime-is-not-time-to.html

the oats are pretty interesting. I usually don't like putting flour in my chili so ima try this. Thanks!

Just go to a butcher if your supermarket don't have it. Mind you someplaces consider "weird" cuts and offals to be dogfood (which is good because then it will be supercheap), so it might not be on display. Ask for them anyway, a lot of places will have it in the back

My favorite when camping.

I boil up a packet of some sort of soup or stew that needs meat, and drop in some chorizo. Very easy to make.

I was unsure at first too (I hate normal flour in it too), but the unflavored ones just add texture and handy protons without altering the taste much, not to mention with those amounts of hot shit in it you wouldn't notice anyway kek. some people use actual steel cut oats for the same effect but they let it cook for half a day in a slow cooker, which I have no time or equipment for.

can confirm. am big offal eater by heritage and pay literal cents for it, but you have to pay attention, some don't really care about storing it like they should because a dog's stomach can handle a bit of yuck anyway.

This freezes really well but can be mess when you blend it unless you have an immersion blender. Maybe I will try this with half powdered peanut butter next time to cut calories.
Sweet potato and peanut butter.
geniuskitchen.com/recipe/west-african-peanut-soup-134219

Just figured this one out, apologies for poor english

>Add diced bacon and diced onion in a pot, and cook untill the onion is golden brown and the fat of the bacon is molten
>add the stew meat (beef) and cook for untill brown
>add some water, red wine, a bayleaf, and a bouillion cube. Turn the gas low, and add the lid and let it cook slowly for 1-3 hours (the longer, the better the meat will be)
>cook considerable amounts of potato and carrot in a seperate pan with water.
>wait untill the potato and carrot is soft, add it to the stew, and enjoy.
Mushrooms, different veggies and different meats can be added according to flavour throughout the process

Don't have a recipe but use beef hearts, they make great stew and you take the cow's power. Also beets! Beets are fucking delicious, they make your poo and pee red and the nitrates and shit dilate your veins and give better blood flow! Peppers are good too, the hotter the better. Taste great and capsaicin has tons of beneficial properties. And garlic, make sure to crush it first for the T boosting chemicals.Might as well toss some turmeric in there too, flavor goes well, as does fenugreek, and both are good for you and I think fenugreek is slightly t boosting or something too. And don't forget your bailiffs cause bailiffs. Maybe some nutmeg too, but only if it's fresh ground from whole nutmegs cause pre powdered is for fags.

Oh shit another good soup/stew I think it's like paleo or whatever.

Get some pumpkin or pumpkin puree, hot italian sausage, kale, cauliflower, mushrooms, a red pepper, olive oil, grass fed butter, and some salt and pepper I think that's it. Cook meat and saute veggies then add pumpkin and cook for a while shit is good as fuck.

>pepper
>butter
not paleo

healthy nonetheless

t.paleo expert

>lean redmeat 500g
>cut into smaller pieces junst like in your picture
>add butter+garlic+onions and grill meat with it
>after the meat is seared on all sides add your veggies+some soy sauce and one can of black beer
>let it cook for about 15 to 20 minutes untill its reduced and everything is fully cooked

Dudes, made a great and easy food
Like u put on a pressure pan:
1kg of chiken tighs
1kg of pork ribs
1kg of cattle ribs
Rosemary
Paprika
200ml of soy sauce
Thats it.
Fill with water until cover and when the pressure pan starts steaming, count one 1h
The salt in the soy saucewill salten the meat enought and will give a brownish glaze glow to the meat

Can I post japenese curry instead?

>sriracha highly recommended
come on man you can do better than that

I just make big pots of lentil soup senpai
I started putting kale and spinach in with it and it's actually really good
I usuallly just eyeball all of my ingredients desu, soup making isn't supposed to be challenging

Here's my split pea soup recipe, be prepared because it's fucking good.

Ingredients:
About a pound of ham, easy mode is to buy a ham steak
A few carrots and a few stalks of celery
A nice-sized onion
Garlic, I use so much garlic in my cooking that I guy big containers of minced garlic, you'll want a nice spoonful or a few cloves chopped, minced, whatever
A pound of dried split peas, check them for gross ones and give them a good rinse
A couple quarts of water, or fill up to desired level
A prosciutto bone--I get them from an Italian meat company in my city, if you can't find one consider something similar like hocks or whatever
A couple bay leaves if you want
After rinsing the split peas, put them in a small pot and cover them with water, about an inch is fine. Get that to a boil for a minute or so, it's not too important just get it to a full boil, set aside and cover and leave them until later.
Cut the ham into a few pieces and sear them in a big pot with olive oil or preferred oil, or butter. Remove them and then toss in all the veggies, which are chopped to desired size. Get them softened just a bit. Chop up the ham into small pieces. Add water, split peas from the small pot, pieces of ham, and prosciutto bone. Bring up to a simmer and then let it keep simmering until the split peas have broken down and it's at desired thickness. I like to leave it for a while, the split peas are no longer really recognizable and the soup is mostly thick green liquid. The flavors will all settle in there and it will taste amazing. You can salt and pepper or whatever at the end, and make sure to remove the bay leaves.

If you use a prosciutto bone or any kind of bone, you should remove it when it's mostly done. If there is a nice amount of meat still on the bone that is worth keeping, go ahead and cut that off and put the meat back in. Soup bones are the shit, you will be glad you tried using one.

It's a very simple recipe, it just takes time.

Damn I want a fucking stew now

You need to be slaughtered like the cattle you are. Literally.

This is similar to a traditional Swedish split pea soup, I recommend thyme and mustard as "accessories" for the soup.

mods pls ban everyone who doesn't post photos of soup, i need visuals here

Stew that goes great with rice (tom kha gai-style)

2 lbs chicken (breast, or cut the meat off bones if you're not a lazy fuck like me)
2 onions
4 cloves of garlic
2 large green peppers
2-3 carrots
5-6 kaffir lime leaves
3-4 stalks of lemongrass
1-2 tablespoons lime juice
Chili in an amount you feel comfortable with (I normally add 4-5 piri piri peppers)
2 cans of coconut milk

Chop chicken up into bite-sized pieces, same with peppers. Make thin slices of carrots.
Fry onions, garlic and pepper in a wok and put in a bowl. Fry chicken until browned, add to bowl. Fry the carrots until mostly soft, add the rest of the stuff you fried, pour the coconut milk into the pan.
Add the spices. With the lemongrass, you can either add whole / split stalks and take them out or very thin slices and leave them in. Take out the leaves before serving.

babushkas stew recipe. she never told me exact amounts because is top sekrit ))))))))))
get a big ass pot
have an icon of a saint of your choosing in the kitchen
chop up 4ish pieces of bacon (can add some butter too if turbobulking) and fry in pot on medium heat
add chunks of beef, pork, or lamb (use 2ish lbs of meat or more) that have been salted and peppered after bacon has been frying for about 2 mins
add a few dashes of dried rosemary
pour in 1/2 to 1 cup of whole oats (trust me niggas)
keep stirring it
add 2 cubed turnips
add some sliced mushrooms
add 3 chopped large carrots
chop up some parsley and throw that in there
add 2 chopped onions
reduce heat to medium-low
add some chopped cabbage
add some mashed garlic and fresh thyme
add some of that german stone ground mustard with the big chunks in it or grey poupon
add a bottle of beer of your choice light beer is best for it, zywiec works best, but you could use wine if you want to
add some lemon juice and zest (not a lot tho)
add water until ingredients are covered
add a bay leaf or two
bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 3ish hours
best served with pierogies and kielbasa

>Total Calories 500ish

meh, thats less than 1 litre of whole milk

so many hurt fee-fees :(

looks heavenly, user

they sell oxtail at my supermarket but it's not walmart... also heard it used to be cheap but hipsters screwed that up

I could, but you need a cup of it per batch, any other ""good"" hot sauces I know of either are too hot/concentrated to use that much, or simply too expensive at that volume. And I am way too much of a dumb meathead to figure out how to dilute with more water kek. But you're generally right. You could also use double the amount of chili powder and half a cup of tomato sauce instead but that will probably kill you.

90% of these will look barfed up anyway, that's how you know it's a good stew. this is not fine dining, this is manly one-pot bulk food general

VÖLKISCH MEIN BRUDER

I corrected myself to 600, and that is for one serving as listed by my mother. I usually eat 2-3 per meal minimum

>less than 1 litre of whole milk
with nearly double the protons tho

this is 60oz of canned beans right?

I buy them by the bagful and soak them the night before, but you could probably use 60oz canned yeah. rinse them until the water stops making bubbles beforehand, throw away the icky slime

oh, and rinse them, THEN weigh out the 60oz of course

>chorizo
>salivary glands and lymph nodes

no thanks

Uma delicía

I love how putting oats in stew is an actual thing that exists. I used to do it on my own because I hate flour in sauces and stews and it felt incredibly ghetto, but nope, other people literally do that too. Ha.

fuckin tripfaggots summed up in one post, shit

I'd say add some garlic and corn

this gave me a semi-stiffy

Chankonabe is pretty good and a great example of stew/soup working with just about anything
get some chicken/shrimp/minced meat (turn into meatballs with egg+some of the greens), onions, garlic, ginger, spring onions, cabbage, pak choi, carrots, mushrooms.
Throw it all in a big pot along with water, boil for a while, season, enjoy

>chicken thights
>red split lentils
>onion
>ginger
>fresh chilli
>cumin, turmeric, chilli powder, seasoning
>toasted cumin seeds, garam masala, tsp of sugar and lemon juice at the end
>cover in fresh coriander ('''''''cilantro''''''')

Dank af chicken curry

>"with barley"
>2 tablespoons of barley

I've got a stable rotation of stews that use seasonal ingredients. Just whipped up what's essentially a thicc minestrone. Quinoa, beans, winter squash, greens, green beans ... added some ground turkey to up the brotein, topped with Wisconsin Asiago-style cheese.

Stews are what first made me think there might be something to eating "clean" - I genuinely just operate better at all levels if I get at least two bowls of vegetable rich, slow simmered food in me every day. IIFYM falls short on qualitative levels, I believe.

Oh yeah, and be sure to pair your stew with sourdough bread. The additional fermentation lowers the phytic acid (which impairs absorption of many different nutrients), and the gluten is already partially broken down. Many different styles of sourdough out there to pair with any kind of stew.

How the fuck do you learn these kinds of details when you cook? I can follow a recipe, but I have no fucking clue how cooking works on a conceptual level

Not him but a looot of practice

shut up groyper

UMA DELICIA

Mfw when my stew thread is still here

Keep it up bros

How to keep up with macros with stews?

myfitnesspal the ingredients if you're a noob, roughly eyeball that shit if you're more experienced (in both calorie counting and cooking)

I sadly have my folder on another device or I would /comfywinterbulkgeneral/ this shit for days. But it was a good thread, thank you.

I'll give you my grandma's recipe for Guiso de lentejas (argentina's way)==>lentils stew, can be adapted to other beans.
>let 500gr of dry lentils in cold water a couple of hours, (if beans simmer all night), rinse, add to a pot 3 times the amount of lentils in water and let boil.
>in another pot, stir fry in olive oil a couple of onions, chopped, garlic, 500 gr minced/chopped beef, and for extra flavour the inside of a chorizo.
>when lentils are beginning to soften, add the meat pot content to lentils pot, DO NOT THROW AWAY THE BROWN WATER OF LENTILS POT!, it adds substance to the stew.
>when it comes to boil add your veggies, a medium size potato or sweet potato, or both, some pumpkin, carrots, for maximun legume nutrition add a handfull of rice and let boil.
>here you add salt and spices i use, sweet paprika (pimentón), chili flakes and pepper.
>when everithing is tender is done.
with these amounts you get about 8 servings, very nutritious, high protein, low glycemic index, lots of fiber, very delicious, dem sweet macros, high in iron. Make sure to cook well your lentils otherwise prepare for putrid farts, you can add slices of spanish chorizo, but they're kind of high in fat

forgot the tomato, just 1 or 2 tomatoes chopped very early so they will disolve or a spoon of tomato extract

Potato chunks, beef stock, stewing beef, bacon chunks, red onions, chantenay carrots, bottle of ale/guinness, pearl barley/lentils.

>otherwise prepare for putrid farts
I found this out the hard way, my dog and gf still hate me for it kek. But looks breddy gud, will try, thanks.

Technically a stew so I'll post it, behold le ebin goulash. Sorry for non-retard units, am slav.

2 tbsp olive oil
700g chuck steak cut into ~5cm chunks (can literally use any fatty beef part but this is how mama taught me)
30g plain flour/instant oats/sauce thickener/whatever
1 large onion, thin slices
6 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
2 red pepper, diced
2 tbsp tomato sauce or extract
2 tbsp (((sweet))) paprika
1/2 - 1 tbsp hot paprika (depends on how much you value your asshole)
2 large tomatoes, diced
75ml red wine, the "heavier" the better
450ml beef stock
2 tbsp Parsley, finely chopped
black pepper to taste
150ml sour cream

Preheat oven to 170°C. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a casserole dish or cast iron saucepan. Coat the steak in the flour/oats and brown well in batches in the casserole. Set the browned meat aside for now. Add remaining olive oil to pan, then the onion, garlic, and bell peppers and fry until soft, around 5 minutes or so. Return the beef to the pan with the tomato sauce and both paprikas. Cook, stirring like a mad cunt, for 2 minutes. Add in the tomatoes, wine and beef stock. Cover and bake in the oven for 3 hours. Add moar stock if necessary, probably not. Sprinkle over the parsley and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Pour the soured cream across the top and serve on a bed of rice. If you meal prep this shit, put parsley, salt, pepper and sour cream on only after reheating of course.

No input on macros or servings, I wolf down a whole pot of this shit a day cuz I get the ingredients for pretty cheap from a local guy. If you're a slow cooker kinda guy, this should probably equal to letting it stew for 7-8 hours on low, don't take my word for it though.

You're just annoying desu, you eat what you want and I eat what I want. Sound good?

>and bell peppers
not bell. the small ones. the hot guys. english is hard

Easy Curry / Tikka Masala Thing

Crock pot ftw

Base:
>large can of tomato paste
>regular can of coconut milk
>1 metric gob of peanut butter
>tablespoon Curry powder
>tablespoon garam Masala
>tablespoon salt
>teaspoon red pepper

Sautee whatever meat (~ 2#) and veggies you want then add to pot.

Serve with rice. Naan is expensive, but tortillas work.

Its more of a porridge, but warm and gainsy all the same.

>2 lb ground beef
>1 lb dry lentils
>2 large onion
>1 lb of carrots
>A fuckton of garlic
>Salt, pepper, cinnamon, cayenne

Cook everything that isn't the beef together. I use an Instant Pot. Cook the beef. Add the beef to the lentils.

>all recipes are either detailed 500 word essays straight out of mom Pinterest or "put X and Y together, cook it for a but I dunno, lel"

we need more comfy food generals, this is nice

beaners
when will they learn

>ground cumin 1 cup
uwotm8

I like to live dangerously. No but seriously I love the taste, it's not too overpowering when you cook such a huge batch, and it's kinda healthy. You can use less but my mama will judge you sternly from heaven.

>the hot guys
Your english is perfect, don't worry about it

>inb4 chopping a couple gay porn stars into goulash
that would severely offset fat macros

Alton Brown's the only "celebrity chef" that talks about the science of food and how it works but you can find other documentaries and resources on the subject online.

"Cooked" by... Michael Pollan? Is one that is half-decent.

ok, no problem. i want to eat you, though