So I read a bunch of posts yesterday about people struggling with sub 200 bench (for reps)

So I read a bunch of posts yesterday about people struggling with sub 200 bench (for reps)

Do you guys know that if you use correct form you literally start with 135 the first 2 weeks? People were acting like a 200 pound bench was impressive, do you guys bench like dudebros?

If you don't know how to bench please look up correct form (it's a COMPOUND lift for a reason)

Thanks have a great day

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FnsdFYfums0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gimme that sauce boss

>bait
Piss off cunt.

They are lifting to get muscle gains, not to brag about numbers

if you aren't a world class athlete when you first hit the gym, what's the point? people will just laugh at your scrawny ass

you have to realise the audience, why do you think push-up threads are still popular? This place is mostly a bunch of doughy, butter soft, lard-ass middle class white children, who have had everything handed to them since infancy

>lol just do it perfect
If only it was that easy.

>t. powershitter

who even gets a girl like this brehs?

Perhaps bait, but it's still funny how much Veeky Forums overestimates what your average untrained person can lift.

For a lot of people even just the bar is going to feel heavyish (and definitely strange) at first.

> (OP)
>Perhaps bait, but it's still funny how much Veeky Forums overestimates what your average untrained person can lift.
>
>For a lot of people even just the bar is going to feel heavyish (and definitely strange) at first.
Wow

>Anonymous 10/18/17(Wed)19:06:34 No.43252790(OP)
>Perhaps bait, but it's still funny how much Veeky Forums overestimates what your average untrained person can lift.
>
>For a lot of people even just the bar is going to feel heavyish (and definitely strange) at first.
the state of (FIT)??........

Agreed. Gimme da sauce mang

grabaeleni

my bench 1rm is 130kg ama

Not OP,
But I've been a PT for 3 years and on average males coming into the gym on their first day will be benching 40-70kg for 3x5 (depending on how heavy they are) just by making sure their form is mostly on point (Scapular retraction/depression & proper bar path)

Chad, with no effort on his part

Can agree

this unironically is why you will never succeed in anything and you will die living on your knees, beta faggot

look everyone, an example of what a beta faggot acts like

Tyrone, with no effort on his part

Whoa there buddy...I think he was being sarcastic. Cool it with the antisemitic remarks

youre full of shit

in my gym most people rep below 100kg, around the 80kg range

yeah everyone can talk shit on the internet but the fact is that only people who have trained seriously for years, roiders or people with great lifting genes and athletic background can bench above 100kg for reps. if you say otherwise go ahead post a video of yourself with post stamp benching that much as a newbie

12-18months of training should bring you to 100kg

sure 1rep max easy if you train properly but OP and me are talking about repping that shit and in my understanding repping means regular training weight, not "hey I did 2x100kg once"

Not everyone is a fat cunt like you brah

I'd say my gf is the Asian version of this gal. Not very hard, just be yourself. I watch anime a lot and browse /pol/, she knows this but loves me because I'm genuine and a fun time to be around.

Yeah, no shit they don't know how to bench. If you browse this board you should be "knowledgable" considering it's a fucking hobby as opposed to Chad who just fucks around in the gym. It's pretty sad that you look at normal people who don't even know what muscles are used in the bench and make them your "standard". I don't expect your average normie to know as much about cars as an Veeky Forums regular, so I don't expect you to be as retarded as your average gym goer

This board is fucking garbage, stick to the memes

okay then tell me how to bench or better yet post a video of yourself benching. if bench is so easy you should have no issue repping out 4pl8 amirite?

Sure, contradiction is a pretty cool argument.

This is what I'm talking about, you act as if benching 225 within the first 6 months of lifting as some fucking godly impossible task. Get a hold of yourself, not everybody has as shitty work ethic as you. You get out what you put in, but keep complimenting me I appreciate it

>I'd say my gf is the Asian version of this gal
Pfffttahahahaha

Cute.

I like White-Asian friendship.

Best friendship.

OP is talking about the first 2 weeks. Post body pic of your first 2 weeks op

well I guess its no surprise that you find this girl attractive AND think she looks like OP's pic.

how hard is it to get a drivers license while partially blind?

Benchlet reporting in

Usually at the average commercial gym, only jacked gymbros are able to rep 2 plates for reps easily. In powerlifting, every skinny 70 kg male is able to put up 2 plates for reps. It's all about perspective. People in commercial gyms dont train to lift heavy weights. They train to look good and the strength that comes with it is secondary.

Bros dont care about Muh arch muh, nuh leg drive. They are able to brute force the weight up due to being jacked.

Smallish powerlifters are able to get the weight moving due to correct techiqnue. They don't have the samme pressing power, but possess what I call tactical strength (technique, leg drive, arching etc)

Reality is, everyone has a period of fucking around in the gym. Some fuck around for 2-3 years, making no progress, and some get it right from day 1 and they easily attain a 2 plate bench.

IF you focus on technique, proper programming and eating, you will attain a 3 plate bench within 1 year GUARANTEED. Doing it for reps if you have a higher bodyweight.

For an untrained person, 2 plate is impressive, but for a trained person, 2 plates should be very minimum. So who do you compare yourself with?

I was stuck at 85 kg touch and go for almost 6 months until I swallowed my ego and did proper reps. I am not a gifted bencher and I have a small chest. But doing a more "bro style" workout that focuses on hypertrophy and executing benchpress like a powerlifter made me go from

5 x 95 touch and go
to
3 x 110 paused with more in the tank (did 120 kg for 1 paused)

We all start differently but if your goal is repping 2 paltes, your fastest way is to gain weight and fix your technique.

My squat is way stronger than my bench, but doing a powerlifting style bench press really helps. If you do touch and go reps, immediatly switch to paused reps since that really helps with power off the chest. Paused reps helps with touch and go but not vice versa

youtube.com/watch?v=FnsdFYfums0

>IF you focus on technique, proper programming and eating, you will attain a 3 plate bench within 1 year GUARANTEED. Doing it for reps if you have a higher bodyweight

meant to say 2 plate

LMAO
M
A
O

i instinctively want my shoulders to take over as soon as i start pushing anything that feels heavy for me.

how do i activate my chest in flat barbell bench? i just can't get it to work

been lifting ~4 months and flat bench is at around 160 for 3-5reps

>225
4 years minimum.

For starters, OP said 1pl8 in 2 weeks you fucking retard. Second, the guy I was replying to said it would take years or great genetics to bench 2pl8s for reps, which is objectively false. It should take 18months max to hit that

This is a good post.

I personally have no training in technique, so everything I do at the gym is light weight high intensity+reps, and that way it's easier for me to have at least decent technique. But I lift pretty light because I'm not knowledgeable enough about lifting yet to have the technique down and at the same time know how heavy I can lift to push my limits.

Spoto presses. Extended pauses really makes your chest work. Try doing 5 second paused or spoto presses.

No bullie pls

Why are you so weak? Are you very light? Why is it not nearing 4pl8 yet?

>White
>Dating an Asian

Could you be any more beta

Try benching 3 times a week. Each day or week have 1 or 2 things you want to do right (leg drive, setup, tucking, arching, bar path, pausing correctly, wrist position, scapula retracion, really anything. Dont just do 5x5 bench. TRAIN 5x5 bench with a goal in mind.

bodyweight and time training

Tbh a lot of the reason my bench isn't at 2pl8 is because I haven't been trying to solely build muscle, I planned my diet inefficiently when I first started and didn't really have an idea of what my goals were. Now that I have that all figured out, I am gonna be able to properly bulk this year.

m8 I curl 225 as warm up... with 1 arm

now post video evidence you lying dyel

Are you blind? They look nothing alike.
this

If you do 2x100kg you should be repping it within a month

Hey

you

have

a

point

mister.

Close enough for me, tight little body, and a total cutie.
Also I'm not white, guess Veeky Forums assumes black guys can't get with Asian girls?

That fat face is fooling nobody. She's a chunk isn't she lol.
I'm glad you're happy with your catch but she's a 5 at best and OP is easy an 8.5

It is.

Hahhahah, bait? The chink girl in your picture is a 5/10

white women are for ooga boogas only

Hot damn i'd eat that ass

>white trash women are for oonga boongas only
Fixd

>black guys can't get with Asian girls?

Well then that's just gross.

that's not a white woman though

The only similarity this chubby asian has with OP girl is her painted on eyebrows

Graba Eleni

amateur

?

Why are you so obsessed with white people?

Why do white men go faceblind with Asians? I've done it myself.

NO WAY, do you not eat or train twice a week?

how does it feel knowing I can have your gf at anytime I want because I'm 6'4 and white?

She's fucked up in the head and is probably doing it to piss off her parents

She'll leave you in a couple months when the novelty wears off

since nobody answered you seriously... go to a rave, you will find girls like that everywhere

>either virgin or /pol/cuck

Probably both actually.

>OP is easy an 8.5

Don't be retarded. Decent ass and thighs but that is it. You sound like a nigger.

She's a 9

Could be a 10 but not imo

>Those bixnood nails

ok nigger, I dont mind your welfare, section 8, affirmative action...

I never understood yellow fever. They all look the same and fucking retarded

i've seen high school chinks who play basketball outbench actual dudebros

>its another "user takes advantage of gullible retards under the assumption that most here don't actually go to gyms" thread

if you're struggling with sub 200lbs bench, you either 1) fuck around in the gym or 2) have SHIT genetics.

1x5
Deadlift: 295 (double overhand)

5x5:
Squat: 245
Press: 125
Row: 195 (Pendlay)
Bench: 160

Explain what I'm doing wrong?

Pinky on rings, scapula retracted, bar to tittys then up.

lol na tho

Impossible for anyone to say without seeing it. But it's probably either a tightness issue or a grip width/bar path issue.

>if you're struggling with sub 200lbs bench, you either 1) fuck around in the gym or 2) have SHIT genetics.
probably shit genetics then because i can ohp 155 but only bench 185.

>But it's probably either a tightness issue

If it was this, what would you say is tight?

Also have PE, does that count?

To expand on this, the only time I feel I really activate my chest is on dips and decline bench.

That braaaaplet Eleni is such a slut
She's not featured anymore on Cafe Instagram page tho. It makes me sad

No, I mean you're probably not locked in hard enough when benching. If you're trying to move max weights, the position and tension when benching is every bit as unpleasant as a max effort squat or pull.

When he's young that works, I'm a 24 y.o. kv.

all around low numbers, get your test levels checked m80. seriously.
195 pendlay aint too bad though, cheers

t. fatty

seriously though fuck fat people who thinks they are strong

>you need to be fat to not have trouble repping 200lbs
the cope

lmao uhh no

I am asian and like asian women and i wouldnt date this girl.

Proper form = lower weight
Improper form = higher weight and a complimentary ticket to snap city

the only exception is oly

Weight is a big factor too. if you're not a skelly and have proper form you should be doing 225 within 6 months. I hit 245 bench for a single after about 7 months weighing 215.

guarantee you its your bench form. When I got my bench form down I went from 195 to 225+ in a single session.

>who gets sluts like this
beta providers like you once she hits the wall