Looking at your phone in the gym

I swear to God, I don't get it. You can't go without looking at your electric mini-jew for an hour a couple of times a week? Checking your insta in between sets.... it's beyond me. Can't you just sit there for a minute without distraction?

>he's the guy that stares autistically between sets

Dont see anything wrong with it as long as you're not taking 10 minutes between sets

I use my phone to track my workout faggot leave me alone

What're you gonna do about it beta virginlet?
Make menacing eye contact with me?

I ruminate on the things I've read and see how deep I can go into an idea during my breaks, I don't call them rests so I'm not idle.

>bringing your phone into the gym
i like looking around and observing what is around me

>Sit there staring autistically at other people and doing nothing inbetween sets

Neck yourself faggot

this you retard faggot op. that or i'm skipping a commercial, finding a new song, etc. no one is straight-up browsing the fucking web.

I'm ur huckleberry

I legitimately am responding to my chess games.

ill take 10 minutes between my 5x5 squat sets and look at my phone whenever the FUCK I want faggot

I don't bring my phone to the gym anymore. You eventually end up taking way too long rest periods because you're sending/typing/browsing some crap.

It must suck to be a millenial 19 y-o weakling piece of shit that can't even imagine a world without cellphones.

>y-you guys met girls without Tinder???

checked
no I just stare into the void

kek I touched a nerve

>I have poor self-control and don't know how to use technology without wasting time so I blame millenials
Just kill yourself

Lol literally what am I doing currently

I use my phone as a stopwatch. Fight me, faggot.

What I'm doing currently**

Anyway, fite me OP

who cares? There's no reason not to go on your phone in between sets. I have people to talk to and things to check. Also I use my phone as a stopwatch

>fucking Facebook

I’m a personal trainer and every summer I have to train scrawny faggots that want to beef up to play football. The scrawny faggots look at their phones and giggle like little girls during their workouts, they’ll even say OMG and try to show me what they’re giggling at. I tell them to shut the fuck up and do another set. These scrawny faggots get nowhere with their workouts. Unironnically, the guys that I train that do play football are strong and built and focused and only bring their phone if they are expecting a phone call.

Really makes you think.

>being fat

I'll put my phone down when you can squat what I curl u little beta cuck lol

I actually browse /fit on occasion or google stuff im thinking about like big cums supplements ( If theres a wall behind me/no one can see so they dont think im autistic )

People these days need constant stimulation

*tips fedora*

A true gentleman, quite like myself!

I look at my phone but just to look what's the next thing i have to do or the weight for my main lift for the day. While I see your point about social media and meaningless tasks on the phone, you have to understand that not everybody does what you expect they do and sometimes even things that appear to be retarded shit might be something out of the box that actually makes sense.

What would I do for 2-3 minutes between sets?

>guy who unironically believes in jewish conspiracies is judging me for using my cellphone

god damn it, how will i ever recoup this social loss

I unironically stare at the ground like a fucking autist between sets

Dude is fkn bored obvi be a friend and blow him already

>he doesn't superset his lifts with shitposting on Veeky Forums
never gonna make it

Sorry, but when you warmup with most people's maxes you can take a little longer to rest between sets.

I record my sets in my phone do you think I'm going to bring a note book for that shit so I dont offend some fuk boi on Veeky Forums?

You gotta realize OP you're sounding like this:

>I just started lifting and why do you guys need to check your phones in the 10 secs it takes you to recover between sets

It won't always be like that though

Literally something to do for 20 seconds between sets.
Would you rather me just stare at a wall?
Also I will write fitness shit on my phone.

Get clover bruh

I like change play lists, check routine sets, and get creep shots of cardio bunnies so fuck off dyel.

god-level reference

>tfw u will never be an old western intellectual loner and one-liner master

nah man do whatever you want. This goes to every user in this thread. I just don't get why people feel the need to do it. It's like a modern man reflex; the second you become idle you look at your phone.

>not leaving your phone in the locker
>being shut in autistic beta faggot
>hoping someone will actually contact you during your "workout"
>cant be 1 hour without phone
>making it
would you bring your fucking nokia 3310 with you if it was 2005 ?

I started to leave my phone in the locker, pen and paper master race reporting in

Yes faggot I would.

>is literally spending time posting on an internet forum
>doesn't understand the value in browsing the internet in a few minutes of downtime where you're literally doing nothing else

bait?

I agree OP, that's why I stare at the ground looking depressed between sets instead

I study, do crosswords, and read the news at the gym. If you are taking 2 min rests between sets and lifting heavy, maybe only 30-40% of your gym time is spent lifting. What do you do otherwise? Just think to yourself or bob to the music? Great use of your time. The gym is about having fun.

THAT'S NOT WHERE THAT 30 GOES

gotta level strength while I build strength

Mind your own business, cunt.
All I do is track my workout and/or pick another song.
And my rests between sets are like 1-2 minutes.

I use my phone to write my weights and reps
and no, I cant remember that shit because I do german volume training and there are 10 sets per exercise

Is it okay if i use it to text my gf?

>cunt
>faggot
>dyel
lmao I'm just making an observation of something I can't relate to. user's tracking of the workout makes sense, but apart from that, jesus breh, can't you just be with your thoughts for a minute or does that trigger the looming existential dread of not having a gf

Get out of my gym

What should I do instead. Look at other guys? Into the wall?

I use my phone to time myself in between sets, music, and write down my compound lifts in my diary.

Why does Veeky Forums hate me?

>diary

neck yourself

Get a load of this edgy faggot. I bet you’re a nigger

I put it on airplane mode and only take it off if I'm looking up something fitness related or Dragon Ball videos, both of which I do during my rests periods, which I never go over. Other than that I just use the stopwatch to track my rests.

>have period of time after set I need to stop moving and relax my body
>sit there doing nothing and getting nothing done, maybe look around.

OR

>have period of time after set I need to stop moving and relax my body
>get out my phone and check some things.

GEE I WONDER WHAT IS A BETTER USE OF MY DOWN TIME?

WHAT A FUCKING VIRGIN LMAO

dats racist

>check some things

OR

>pic related