/plg/ - powerlifting general

Useful links:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tZIonSOwhM3iM0gTYVXuUAw/htmlview

c o m f y:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rx01igk5OI#

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BaZS4xXl2U2/?taken-by=chasing70sbig
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wow. Look, it's another "look at me look at how much weight I can lift off the floor and then regret it for the rest of my life when my joints ache" thread.

First for Rebeka Koha

3rd for squat is best lift.

Ring rows and its variations are underrated

ur on the wrong board fgt

gon do 4x8 @ 70% for squats today

shouldnt be too hard

70% is easy as fuck

its the first week it should be easy

>mfw doing squats with pause at half squat position

I thought simple pause squats were bad. T-thanks, Boris...

Skidded mine bike, it toppled and hurt my knee :(

Pause going up or down?
inb4 both

Only on the way down, thankfully. Pausing a couple of inches above parallel. It’s a bretty gewd exercise though, especially since I need to work on technique.

I’m kinda hungry lads, should I slam a Burger King before lifting or is that a big No-No?

>being fat

Being fat is okay in here, so go for it. Since I cut down to abs I love looking in the mirror, so I would advise against it. Your choice.

But it’s just some burgers with cheese and bacon; no chips, no drinks, no mayonnaise.

It should have decent proton content, how bad can it be?

Burger king is gross

Will do.

also I had slight discomfort in left knee from squatting, am I locking out to hard? I know I fucked up hip hinge and bar position at higher weights this is why it was so hard.

instagram.com/p/BaZS4xXl2U2/?taken-by=chasing70sbig

Rate bench form. This is 81% of my old max.

Now that I've changed it to stop sinking and staying tired my biceps feel like the first thing to tire out. Is this normal?

>staying tired
I meant staying tight.
>tfw too intelligent to type correctly

Looks good to me, dunno about your bicep issue since I always had a slow descent bench and I eventually made all my reps a paused comp one either way I never get tired in the biceps.

Sorry, I don't know. If hard lockout was the main thing you did different, it's something you can try easing up on next time.
Could be that it's just random, transitory pain though.
I -think- you lose your forearm position relative to the bar, in that the bar is not directly on your forearm in the bottom.

I fell off my bike today. The road was wet and the fog was so bad you could only see 10 feet ahead of you.
I was speeding down this long straight road, then I stopped at a turning, waited until it was clear and I went around the turn at about 5mph and skidded off due to the wet road.

So dumb

Nice crop top, slut

But the bike is fine?
It's dumb, but it's a good experience to have.

Agreed, try a marginally higher touch, or tucking the elbows slightly. Keep the bar over your elbow or slightly behind, not in front.

Indicator fell off, but I just pushed it back in, little scratches on the front, the rubber on the foot rest got torn and will soon fall off (£8 to replace both), the wheel got misaligned but I just held it between my legs and moved the handle bars to the best of my abilities, as well as the left mirror seems a little loose now but I just spun it round and it seemed to do the trick.
Not too bad, and I'm glad to get a better feel for my bike in crappy weather.

Also I realised that you don't know you've fallen off until after you've already fully fallen and skidded lol, which is a weird feeling.

youre still sinking a bit/resting the bar on your chest
disgusting desu
also do more curls

How does doing more curls help bench? t.noob

>how bad can it be
Well that depends on the calories in it and how much you've eaten and are going to eat today

just said that because he mentioned his biceps tiring out when benching more controlled

Hmmm, I get this too, always thought it was form related

Does setting up Front Squat T1s and Back Squat T2s only make sense?

Going to do VDIP
T1: 3xMax Rep for 10-15 total range
T2: 3xMax Rep for 25-30 Range

Its easier for me to grind heavier front squats and it seems like back squats would be easier for more leg volume afterwards?

Yea, shit happens really fast.
Sounds like you should check your handlebars more thoroughly.

Good thing the bike was relatively cheap!

>Since I cut down to abs I love looking in the mirror
>tfw know exactly that feel
>tfw strength gains literally don't happen till my abs are fully gone.

Yeah, true, although I bet I wouldn't have skidded if my tires weren't as skinny as a push bikes.

Pic related was straight after the skid.

What do you mean by check handlebars more thoroughly?

Front Squats are the patrician's choice anyway.

Comfiest frequency? Protip: it's

>3x/Week Squat
>3x/Week Bench
>2x/Week Deadlift

I like 2x Squat.
2x Binch
2x DL

no. Its:
>4x/week bench
>0x/week squat
>1x/week deadlifts

Thank me later

>slut shaming
uhm, it's fucking 2017?

I know this isn't that video, but don't you feel a bit funny with your grip so close on sumo deadlifts? I thought it made your lockout look a little awkward, and while hard to tell from the side angle, it looked like your forearms were nowhere near vertical.

4x/week bench
3x/week squat
2x/week deadlift

Squat/Bench/DL/OHP/Squat
or
Bench/Squat/OHP/Squat/Floor Press

help me decide because I have no fucking idea what to do, I'll still do some lighter pulls after squats regardless

>Buy Swordfish
>think it's a lean fish like tuna
>7g of fat
>takes me over fat macros
Lads gimme your high carb high protein minimal to no fat meals

Sounds like it's loose enough for you to manually adjust the handlebars, which isn't really ideal as far as I know.
Why the big L?
Cod, whale meat, reindeer, turkey/chicken, potato, rice, pasta.

4 + 3 + 2 = 9 days a week
nice try

t. benchlet

I could try gripping wider, I narrowed it using eleiko bar beacuse I torn callus of my fingers to blood after 2 sets of 5 and also wide grip makes my hands block on my quads

>he can't make 9 days out of 7

You're not trying hard enough. You'll never build momentum with that attitude.

There is a reason why I'm benching 4x per week.

Although one day is floor press.

How does a 4 day texas method program compare with other intermediate programs?

The "Loser" plate is a legal obligation for learner drivers. It costs £120 to remove so I'll have to do it on a later date.
I'm having my bike checked tomorrow and mention the handle bars thing, thanks!

good volume only on squats, shit on rest

4x is pretty gud, although 2 of my bench days are slingshot

The hands dragging on quads is an issue of hip and knee timing, not grip width.

Knee is now to be fixed on friday

so after bar passes my knees I should try to lock them out and than drive me hip into the bar?

Yes

How come you're to squat 10 sets of 5 on monday when you're going for a 10RM on friday (cowboy method)?

Wouldn't it make more sense to do 5x10 to prepare for the 10RM on friday? Maybe the guy i got the spreadsheat from got the rep scheme wrong.

The notation for cowboy method is reps x sets, right?

I want a man to bust inside my anus

A lot of people hate it here, but it worked well for me.

Took me from 77kgs and 80kg bench, 110 squat, 130 deadlift to 125 bench, 190 squat and 200 DL within a year period.

no, its good

10 sets of 5 in emom are hard as fuck

It felt easy as fuck to me. Maybe I should inflate my max. I didn't even belt up

ENOUGH

That's not me

to udowodnij kurwa leszczu, że umiesz mówić po polsku xD

I don't know who kept pushing the fact that I'm polish, but it sure wasn't me. Nice try man

This is the one i'm thinking of doing
what would you recommend then? I've just come of the nsuns plebbit routine so I'm pretty good at handling volume, I can hit 1/2/3/4 all for 3x5 except diddy which is 1x5

no i się zesrał

t. official Yakob

Stop it.

t. real Yakob

do bridge if you want something that is good transition from starting strenght

bridge? I never did SS because I didn't want to look like a T rex. I like a decent amount of volume for upper body because it's the only thing that increases my lifts.

>implying i ever started tripping

Holy shit boys, I started lifting properly again this January. Dropped thirty pounds and for this last two months I've finally been on a strength program eating to gain and it feels so fucking good getting bigger and stronger again.

Nice blog, I know, but fuck dudes I remember now why we love this shit.

than do RTS if you man enough for it

Redpill me on rts

>tfw been getting stronger and stronger but remain the same size

tfw become the one squat man mascot at my gym. ppl are constantly asking me how I can be so strong and small at the same time

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i just want to get bigger
I'm almost 400 wilks now and I look dyel

That's exactly the routine I did with the exception of me being a lazy shit and skipping out on accessories.

Not how duffin teaches it but it's the general consensus of plg yeah

What is your weight/height and what are your chest, bi, quad, waist measurements? I mean you can be dyel and push heavy weights due to shit genetics or it can be dysmoprhia (I remember that Mike Macdonald guy benching 522 at 181 with 15 inch guns)

eat more?

Download the bridge to understand basic rpe, than read RTS Manual

rts really isnt cookie cutter programing that you just take and muuh input weights

Is a 260kg deadlift and a 200kg squat balanced or abnormal in terms of weight relative to each other

Depends entirely on internal leverages and anatomy, but seems pretty imbalanced.

What's a good balance? Different guy but I have a 190 DL and Squat and 128 comp binch(mainly due to me reloading DL to work on form)

I'm interrested too. What's the golden ratio??

how long have y'all been lifting and what has been your most successful period of lifting? how long into training time wise and what were you doing?

i posted this shit elsewhere and you'd be amazed the amount of dudes who say like six years in and they were doing some super unconventional shit

Is rpe always necessary?

Lifting 2 years and 8 months total, most succesful period is when I started TM . Had by 2nd year I then pissed off a disc or slipped it and have spent the entire 6-7 months rehabbing my back and I just go back to these lifts with my bench being stronger but not tested in comp.

Fucking lol. I feel like most drivers should have one of those.

Happy blog today lads

>setting up for deadlifts, empty gym
>qt short athletic chick 9/10 sets up right next to me
>she keeps looking over at me between sets
>make eye contact and she walks over
>she asks if I can teach her sumo stance
>autism kicks in but I teach her basics
>she tells me she sees me around the gym all the time
>agree to meet up Friday night so I can check her squat and bench form
>give her my number
>giant stupid grin on my face the rest of the session

This is the happiest I have been in a while. I will not mess this up
end blog

I have no idea but something in the range of a 5-15% difference depending on limb length and leverages seems about right.

Can one really consider oneself a good person if they have never had to make any difficult decisions? For example it's "good" to let the guy behind you at the grocery store skip if you've got a full cart and he just has a sandwich, it's "good" to not cut people off in traffic and it's "good" to buy a box of cookies from the girl scouts during summertime. But all of those good actions are extremely easy, they cost you a tiny amount of time or inconvenience or money, they are not difficult choices and taking the "good" road is very easy. And really difficult decisions are few and far between in real, modern life. So does it make sense to consider yourself good if you've never had to make a tough call? It seems equivalent to only playing a game on the easy setting and, when asked if you're good at the game, responding in the affirmative. How can you know you're good at the game if you've never played a tough round?

How can you know that you'll make the good call if shit really hit the fan, or if no one was looking? I feel like it would be delusional to tell yourself you would do so, because how can one extrapolate their prior experiences to something qualitatively different?

/blog

rpe allows you to get best of your good day and PR and to go a little under on worse day and on average it stays similiar to % but allow to autoregulate

if you got strong very fat on given cycle you just up weights, not train with weights that arent % that you inputed beacsue you got stronger

She's only using you for free lessons she's not interested brah sorry.

Nah I joke gl mang.

Proud of you lad

>Tfw almost 20% difference at my meet in April
>Probably more now
RIP me

Nice blog.

Next time when you squat with her have your sit on your face after the session so you can gauge whether or not the intensity was high enough.

tfw tomrrow I have blood physiology exam and im not feeling confident about it

xddd wpadłem tylko na chwilke i zaraz ide spac bo znow na 7 do szkoły, ale zes rozjebal tego drugiego typa probujacego cie udawac xddddd

>I will not mess this up
well obviously you will, but i love the confidence