Sam Harris' Podcast before 2016:

Sam Harris' Podcast before 2016:
>interesting philosophical discussions with various scientists, philosophers and intellectuals
>open and frank discussions with policy makers and analysts
>generally distrustful of the legacy media and the progressive establishment

Sam Harris' Podcast after 2016:
>trump trump trump trump, how can I make this conversation about trump, trump is a liar and meanie head who hates women CNN told me so, trump trump, I trust the FBI and CIA implicitly, Assange is working for the russians even though I defended him during the bush administration trump trump

What happened to him? Is his mind broken? Are there any other good podcasts with cross-disciplinary philosophical discussions?

Attached: Sam_Harris_Trump.jpg (1024x616, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T3QiFAcJnMg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lobster man exposed Sam Harris. no need to listen to him anymore

You are what you hear. Its not Sam Harris constantly talking about Trump, but rather your selective hearing is only hearing him saying Trump.

The guy's more into AI these days.

He's a jew

THIS

If you are a true patriotic American, then you know that Trump is a legitimate danger to our society and needs to be removed from office at all costs.

>Sam Harris

Sam Harris is an idiot. He's not even a philosopher, he pretty much ignores all actual philosophy done after 1960. He's a modernist pseud.

youtube.com/watch?v=T3QiFAcJnMg
This is the best episode and it came out this year

>this triggers the Veeky Forums user

Attached: 71zK+7zrhKL.jpg (1241x1830, 195K)

>Sam Harris
Triggers both liberals and the conservatives.

The guy must be doing something right.

dUde le EpiC cEntRism lmAo xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

>he pretty much ignores all actual philosophy done after 1960

Who doesn't?

Simpletons and charlatans?

Damn you got that faggot good! Upvoted fellow Veeky Forums oldfaggot!

∆∆

Attached: 1462359381171.png (485x489, 272K)

Explain in a non-meme format why staying away from the extremes is wrong

No one cares about Zizek's latest incoherent ramblings mixed with realtalk (which he swiftly disavows when called out on it)

Directed at this post

Liberal centrism is objectively the most vapid ideology you can possibly imagine

Actually if you listen/read his work, Harris's position is "extreme" pragmatist. This conflicts with mainstream liberal and mainstream conservative thoughts. A regular centrist would just try to cater to both and avoid the wrath of the two. Harris is going full "extreme" centrist and hitting out at all the fault lines.

Who's talking about Zizek? I'm talking about academic philosophers like Sarte and Derrida. Sam Harris is an idiot who ironically falls into the traps as religious people do, same with Dawkins and Jerry Coyne (who is so ignorant he calls post-modernism "cultural marxism"). They're pretty much anti-science now and you can see this when they smugly spout evopsyche babble that's never been scientifically proven but sounds like it makes sense.

Explaining phenomena with things that haven't or can't be proven but sound like they make sense. Now I wonder who else does that....?

There's nothing wrong with standing against extremes, but standing for nothing (or standing against everything) so you can feel smug makes you a cowardly fuck with no convictions. Which is what most self appointed centrists are.

>Zizek's
This man is still a thing? He was a worn out novelty, that was years ago.
>Harris's position is "extreme" pragmatist
He likes to brand himself that way, I'll grant.

This. Excellent post.

Attached: kim jong slow clap.gif (219x186, 1.76M)

Neoconservatism is actually a pretty extreme ideology

Please elaborate
I have convictions, they just dont fall in line enough with conservatives or liberals for me to label myself as such, I'm not into this whole e-politics skeptic shit so im not aware why theres a negative connotation to it

That's fine. But their are a lot more positions than liberal or conservative. Just because you don't fit neatly into one of those doesn't inherently make you centrist.

>Please elaborate
If that's not obvious to you, you're a fucking brainlet with no business sharing thoughts with another human being. Not him by the way, before you chimpout.

Explain why "extreme" is inherently bad and how being an extreme centrist is logically consistent