How did you get your shit together?

How did you get your shit together?

Step 1: get off Veeky Forums

>Stopped smoking weed and got a job.
>Finished up my bachelor's.
>Kept working on my gains.

I got to the point where if i didnt i would have killed myself, now im at the point where i want to kill myself but have got too many obligation

>implying

Military. Im dead serious

Not all the way there but definitely a start
Genuinely helps some people
>Inb4 fighting for the ZOG
Free college is worth it

Should I join the national guard?

>Trained hard to get into military
>didnt' get in because record
>trained so hard I just decided to get PT certified and keep this up for a living.

How did you get started as a PT?

Started powerlifting, and go to competitions. The fact that I have clear strength goals, helped me get my shit together in other aspects of life.
I also stopped thinking like almost everybody else around me, quit my job, and went back to uni to get a Msc (now I'm only doing part-time jobs).

i started by cleaning my room

Yea, my place has gotten dirty again

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

About to clean, might as well try something

>W-what if every time my place is dirty than i end up feeling depressed few days after.......

Clean up after yourself then keep it clean. It's less work if you just pick it up as you make the mess.

I'm almost done with the program. I paid $700 to ACE (which is apparently the gold standard in ncca-accredited personal trainer certifications) for all the study matetials and a retest voucher and they give you 6 months to decide you're ready to take the exam.

hell yeah, navy boot checking in, definitely helping me get my shit together.

police

I actually put in effort instead of waiting for it to happen. The desire to be better than other people became really strong.

>got RescueTime.
>realized my what I SAID I was doing in my mind on the computer, and what I was ACTUALLY doing were two different things.
>paid attention to my own thoughts and actions and realized this was cascading into all other areas of my life.
>set up ways to track myself to see if I was doing what I said I was doing
>kept forcing myself to face this duality in myself until what I was DOING was matching more up to what I SAID I was going to do (or knew in my OWN mind what I should be doing)

Basically this.
I'm not fully there but I'm slowly pruning away things and mindsets that don't help me achieve what I want to be doing.

It's a slow process to go from OBSERVING your reality, and being ACTIVE in your reality.
Cutting out weed (and ESPECIALLY alcohol) I'm realizing is an integral part of this. At the very least relegating this stuff to specific moments that you WANT to actually consume them (and aren't just doing it out of habit to avoid things/situations that are hard/complex to solve)

My god those asses.

I'll let nyou know when i do
>google calendar helps i guess

that shop could be better

Discipline. Force yourself to do the right things, as much as you might hate them, until they become habit. There is no other way. There's no fast track to success. It's all effort.

>stopped drinking/drugging
>decided to take bulking seriously
>temporary mgtow so I can bulk up to 190+ at 6'2 (currently ~150) without distraction
Living a simple life but a satisfying one

Mid life crisis

Lucky for you those happen at age 27 instead of 40 these days

This unfortunately, I was a fucking wreck before joining the Marines, got into lifting before deployment and everything sort of just fell into place

Realize I hate everyone at work because they're either fat, lazy, dumb or pretentious and that I am the only sensible person thus lift the rage away.

A mix of therapy, exercise, and routine.

>have all of my homework and online work for the next week done
>been eating better again and exercising
>body's been better in the past, but I'm feeling like I can blow that out of the fucking water
>face probably looks the best that it ever has
>improving my skill on my acoustic guitar pretty rapidly compared to a couple weeks ago
Everything is turning out great right now, and for the first time in years I'm excited for the future, yet also accepting of and even happy with the present.

For everyone ITT who's making it, I'm happy for you. Please send me your energy, no homo

y is the original better than the shop

I'm goin away brehs. Just got a job starting Monday. Will be working 10 hour days, 50-60hr weeks. Between work and lifting, I won't have much time for the 'ch0n brehs. See you in a few months (plan to leave after ~500 hrs)

Ran away from home. Started supporting myself. Money meant i could buy gym membership. Gym membership meant I could shower. Needed to work out to make the most of my membership. Needed to eat right not to waste that. Liked the feeling of being healthier. Kept eating right. Needed good grades to justify smoking pot. Got good grades. Liked succeeding. Started smoking less pot. Decided I couldn't sleep until my room was cleaned. Became a habit. Started keeping track of my expenditures. Spend less now.

How did you support yourself? I'm in a shitty home situation myself.

> dying for other people's beliefs

>gf of two years breaks up with me
>realize that the relationship and my lack of willpower made me a fat fuck
>lose 40 lbs
>now tyring to get stronk

I stopped posting on fit

For the sake of your own happiness you need to get the fuck over yourself. If you're so smart you should have no problem realizing that other people are what they are because of nature and nurture. That your co workers are "stupid and fat" because they're of a lower nature, and have been led astray by a decadent culture. That your own superiority, if you truly are superior, is not of your doing and not to your credit but rather a gift from the mysterious source of existence, whether you call that "God," "Brahman" or "the laws of physics."

will your hatred of lesser people make them better? Will it improve the world? Will it improve your happiness? No, no and no. Accept them as they are. Do you get mad at your dog because it can't hold a conversation? Then why do you get mad at lesser people for being lesser? Why not enjoy their qualities, take pity on their faults, and thank the creator for granting you your superiority (if you truly have it, and aren't instead projecting your own securities onto others).

You're acting out the archetype of Satan: bitching at God for a making a reality you have no idea how to replicate. Here's a condensation of Job: did you create and order this incredibly fucking complex reality? Then give me a fucking break when things don't go your way and try to enjoy reality as I've made it.
Here's a condensed version of the Dao: all of reality is justified in its existence because it fucking exists. Who are you to judge existence, even your own? Here's a condensed version of the Bhagavad Gita: hey nigger I created all of reality and you can't escape it, so accept my will for the sake of your own happiness.

You seeing a pattern here? You're your own problem. Good luck faggot, and remember: you're exactly where you should be.

WAKING UP AND REALIZING I BECAME EVERYTHING I HATE

Making the world a better place or to make yourself happy are shit reasons to do/not do something.

Maybe. I wonder what the alternative would be.

That said I do run into a relevant paradox often; that when I pursue happiness I cannot find it. Afterwards, when I lose hope and begin to detach myself, I suddenly find happiness. But then I become attached to the detachment, and pursue it because I think it will bring me happiness. And that pursuit of detachment destroys the confidence that authentic detachment brought me, and Renews the cycle.

But even if pursuit of happiness is the wrong route, the state of happiness is ultimately what I want. And that state doesn't need to be attached to desires.

For example, I just broke up with my on again off again girlfriend. After a week or two, I was miserable from the lack of sex and affection. But then I thought about what would happen if I got her back, and realized that after some great makeup sex I would be hit by a train of anxiety because I don't want to be with her. Because being with her doesn't mean fucking her and getting affection for nothing in return anymore; we aren't 19 anymore, she wants kids and needs commitment. But I don't want commitment. which means I don't want to have sex with her, even if I want to have sex with her. Because to say I want something, without also affirming that I want what I must give for it, is equivalent to saying "I wish I had magic," or "I wish I could weave the fabric of reality." It's nonsensical. To really want something one must want everything it takes to get it.

There's a point to my blog post: I didn't break up with her because of happiness per-se, but I eventually found happiness for doing so because I realized all my unhappiness came from a mistaken view of reality. So here the happiness was not the goal, but a consequence of clearer thinking.

For real though if happiness isn't the point what is? I don't mean hedonism, I mean positive subjective experience whether it be pride in one's son or nutting on my ex's double D's

Minimum wage. Car. Gym membership for use of showers. Towels. Blanket. Public charging outlets.

Do you ever think that if there was a higher being that created us all, I wonder if that creator made us out of curiosity. To observe our fuckery until we all die, we are kind of their science project.

i came here to agree with this

Sending good vibes to you through this reply, my man. Good luck and work hard!

I stopped smoking weed everyday. Feel better and wake up a lot earlier

You don't. Just becomes a total drug degenerate and try to enjoy your life while you can.

clean your room
brush your teeth

start simple by forming good habits and the bad ones will go away.

About 3 months ago. Changed my mindset and started my job. It's shit though, I don't consider training in the gym 'having my shit together' because it's a fun hobby, but I hate having a job with responsibilities and wish I was a neet again. Nothing better than coming and going as you please. Just make sure you don't sit inside all day.

I was thinking of quitting this shit job and moving to like Colorado or something to work in logging or tree surgery didn't a couple of ideas. Anyone got any experience with that?

There's a concept in Hinduism called Lela. The idea is that God is the eternal infinite everything, and doesn't need to do anything. He wouldn't make existence for a purpose because he already is all that could be. So existence is not a purposeful thing but God's eternal self-celebrating dance. The dichotomies of good and evil, pain and pleasure, are actually part of the show.

I prefer that to thinking God's an asshole with an ant farm. Maybe I'm too sentimental

omg i wish i could join the military :(

What about the NASM?

kys faggot

These kinda things keeps me up at night lol

If your family was poor, you stay poor.

I keep telling myself that I'm working on changing my path in life and the problem is when I look at the real situation I'm still shitposting for a year now and going from discord to discord finding random people and telling them my problems as if they can help me

>lost a bunch of weight
>started doing some exercises and some lifting, getting a pullup bar today or tomorrow in mail
>still have acne

Don't give me the Accutane meme. Just fuck my life up.

atleast you're realizing this

how do i stop spending 80% of my day on the computer

how do i force myself out of bed even after i'm awake, i usually end up looking at my phone or jerking off and getting late to class or just skipping

i'm on accutane right now and shit's cash
just fucking do it pussy

I can't. My brother got fucked up and my parents won't let me take it. I've got a lot of mental problems as well that don't need to get any worse.

i've got depression, anxiety, and adhd diagnoses and i'm feeling fine
although i'm only like a month in

what else have you tried to improve your skin

Benzo peroxide wash, sulfuric wash, spot treatment (which I'm done with because that shit just makes it worse), and I'm taking minocycline. I also put adapilene on my face before I go to sleep.

>Benzo peroxide wash
i don't think BP washes are that good, BP is best as a spot treatment
>sulfuric wash
these never worked for me but YMMV
>spot treatment
yeah the point of BP spot treatment is that it's irritating and brings underground pimples to a head faster so you can excise it or let it do its thing faster, but too much will just irritate your skin
>minocycline
never worked for me but others have good results
>adapalene
how long you been using this? make sure you're moisturizing, and strongly consider sunscreen

Put a fresh towel over your pillow every night.

>just wash your sheets bro
>bro just drink more water
>just wash your face with water fuck the chemicals
eat shit

I change my pillow case every other day. I used to do the towel but I move around so much in my sleep it always bunches up and shit
Don't gotta be a dick to him Bro he's just trying to help me
So is Accutane just capsules or what? My parents basically told me they would kick me out if I ever took it, they treat it like it's crack or some shit. It really did damage to my brother though so I somewhat understand.

>Got a job in a career I wanted
>Went back to college on a loan
>Started randomly texting girls at work, all of them texted back
>Listened to friends about girls being nothing but bored "males" with no hobbies who liked being told they're are worth something
>Gym everyday no exceptions.
>BJJ/Muay Thai built confidence and also a friend base
>Less reliant on mommy and daddy
>Do things more for myself and less for people around me.

>So is Accutane just capsules or what?
yeah, i take 1 pill nightly with fish oil and some unrelated supplements

what did it do to your bro?

He was a normal kid and then moved upstate with my grandparents. He started taking Accutane when it was brand new in 2004, my grandparents never told my parents they were letting him take it so they didn't know.

It just made him aggravated and suicidal, he fell into drugs, started dealing, ended up pretty much living in a crack house until my dad came and brought him home. If you ever talked to him about what happened you would never consider continuing to take Accutane. Same with drugs or alcohol, it took him one night of talking to me about his experiences and shit he's seen to make me avoid any kind of substance. The sad part is he doesn't lie, and he was telling me the truth and not just feeding me shit to scare me.

hello, some help with this one would be appreciated

>give reasonable advice that's worked for me
>some faggot pretends my answers are memes because it never worked for him
Fucking never change, Veeky Forums.

>doomed to be forever alone because of shitty face and no real confidence because of how ugly I am, also no social skills because of those two things
Thanks, I signed up for this, right?

No drugs
No alcohol

I asked a girl out. Pathetic but not even kidding.

I got shot down every time so far. A-Alpha as fuck.

I asked a girl too nice to say no. Probably just as beta as me.

Melvins killed my fear of failure.

Buy The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal then put it into practice for the next 10 weeks. Use HabitBull to track a tangible habit of, say, getting out of bed at 8:00 on week days.

What if you need drugs to stop the pain? focusing on the problem is so fucking horrible and painful man

You extend your problem that way, though.

Fiber.