Be me

>be me
>173 cm 61kg
>scale haven't been moving for months
>lifts are not improving, little to no progress.
>muscle mass seems to get smaller
>tummy slowly getting fatter
>bodyweight still remaining the same
>gets at least 100g of protein which is 0.8g/lb bodyweight
>get enough sleep
>eating around 2.5k to 2.7k calories

What the fuck is wrong with me. Do I have the lousiest genes in the world? Am I destined to be skinnyfat for the rest of my life?

I can feel myself shrinking and getting fatter.

h-help ;_;

StrongLift/Starting Strength, come back in 3 months faggot

I'm already doing GSLP though

How's that working out for you?

Literally switch to SL/SS without the power clean, you'll be laughing your ass off in 4-8 weeks

Is there a huge difference between those 2. I mean it's pretty much the same few big three lifts isn't it.

I do SS, but some people prefer SL because of the 5x5 method + row.

I plan on switching to SL once I hit another 6 weeks.

>muscle mass seems to get smaller
you either have body dysmorphia or aren't resting enough. are your reps increasing as you deload at least?

Vitamin D deficiency, get some early morning sunlight

Yes my reps increased, for example on 52.5kg bench my rep increased from 7 to 8 on AMRAP. 50kg from 8 to 10. I am stuck at 55kg 3x5 for very long. I can't do 5 reps of 57.5kg.

I swear I'm getting smaller, mostly in the chest.

Don't listen to the retarded fags on beginner programs, just make sure you are getting enough sleep, your mucles are not overly fatigued, and you have mixed in enough hyper.

If you are going for aesthetics alone there is very little reason to be religious with your lift numbers, just be religious with your reps + set numbers and seek that huge burn.
Don't get caught up in moving towards checkpoints for goals other than your own.

Lifting heavy a few times a week is a quick way to DYEL life, lift light and often for aesthetics, but make sure to manage your diet, sleep, and muscle fatigue well.
Also, don't sweat the fat, more than likely it is from not enough food coupled with the new exercise and your body thinking you are starving.
Just eat more, but note down what and how much for personal record.

take a week off, eat well but not too far over tdee. maybe go for an easy run outside but not much else. come back and try again. if you don't progress dump the program and move to something that ideologically very different.

So what should I do? My aim is for strength but it seems like I can't gain strength at all. I seem to have easier time completing hypertrophy sets compared to strength sets. For example I could do 50kg 10 reps on my third set, but for 55kg I could only do 5 reps, 6 if I'm lucky.

Ideologically different meaning..?

Different in its volume and split. If you currently go 3 times a week and do strength go six times and do volume. You could also try yoga to see if you're unnaturally weak in any area. That might be holding your entire body back.

I can only lift 3 times a week because of school on weekdays which clash with a lot of stuff, I could do 4 days but 2 of those would be on weekends and the other 2 on Tuesday and Thursday.

But yeah ideally 3 days is best.

Right now what I do is do GSLP, and after the main lifts do some accessories like incline dumbbell press, curls, seated dumbbell press etc..

If you are concinved you wanna look like a skelly but get good numbers, okay.
Lift 3 times a week EVERY WEEK.
Keep these numbers as your PB lifts in that set range.

Aim to lift at 80% of your maximum most weeks, once a month when you are feeling right, use a session to try and increase your PBs.
Use these new numbers as your 80%.

I'm not sure why you would wanna go the DYEL route, but whatever floats your boat.
Don't waste time on hypertrophic training ever for strength, exception ie (assuming he means doing the same total volume) unless you are just gonna split your already minimal number over sets over a shitload of days.

For pure strength, your gold program is low volume, heavy weights. Like 5 reps per set on hard days, maximum.

Be very careful with injury (STRETCH and do physio ideally) and make sure you are taking your protein within 30-45 minutes of the session, otherwise it is doing jack shit for you comparitively.

Alright so what should I do from now? Yeah what I have been doing so far is lifting as heavy as I can for 5 reps, 3 -4 sets of it. It isn't doing jack shit. I do a bunch of hypo sets after them and those seem to be the only ones progressing.

I just wanna get stronger but it's not working. I haven't been gaining any weight but I have been getting slightly visibly fatter, not sure why.

Another thing is usually by the time I'm done with 3 or 4 sets, I still feel like I have some energy left, I'm just not sure what to do with them. Do I do more sets?

>only wanting strength
>wanting to get bigger

Literally fighting yourself my friendo. Pick one and only one to work on at a time if you want fast results.

>done 3 to 4 sets and still have more in the tank

Heavier weight, make it so you have to give it 90% of max effort to finish the last rep in each set. Don't be scared to alter the weight between sets or within sets.

You can get fatter if you don't eat enough but work out anyways, as your body goes into starvation mode and you store more excess energy as fat than usual.
Just continue with your program for 3 months, and then make drastic changes.

Well the problem with heavier and weight especially on bench is that I can't do more than 5 reps on let's say 55kg, but I can rest and do more sets. But if I pick heavier weight I would only manage like 3-4 reps.

Also is there anything wrong with doing lighter hypo sets after the main lifts?

How are you literally unable to get the bar up for 5 reps but still feel fresh after?
I think you need to just be less self-concious when doing heavy lifts.

Is there anything wrong with hypo? no
Is it helping you towards your goal of being stronger? no
Ergo, a waste of time for you.

Only thing you do after a set that you literally can't finish is to drop the weight just enough to finish it with good form.

Hypo work would benefit him in terms of getting stronger longterm. Bigger muscles have more potential for strength.

But there's gonna be some limitations to how far that can go if he wants to permanently maintain that bodyweight or similar.

I mean I still have difficulty performing the 5 reps, but somehow I can rest for like 5 minutes and perform 5 reps again, for maybe 3-5 sets.

But, I can't do more reps than 5, since the 5th rep already wears me out.

Bump