>Be me
>Find some magnesium supplements lying around the house
>Take one
>Go online and read up on the benefits of magnesium
heythatsprettygood
>Read how magnesium oxide isn't well absorbed by the body
>Go look at my sups, its magnesium oxide
>Take another
>Go out shopping and buy some magnesium citrate, after reading this is a much more bio available form
>Also buy some ZMA which was on offer
>Get home and take one of the new magnesium sups
>Take 2 ZMA before bed

>mfw I wake up this morning and realise magnesium is a laxative

congratulation you bought 2 useless supplement and shat you bed .
Could've have bought real food and avoid the smell

thanks for the hearty keks

>implying zma and magnesium are useless
nice to know we still have a steady stream of newfags

taking magnesium supplements isn't necessary if you're getting more than a gram through food a day.

Yes magnesium & zinc can only be found in supplement .

depends how hard your training, it needs to be replaced if your sweating it out, also at higher levels it boosts your test.

magesium oxide also has a laxative effect bro.

it's the total opposite , it boost your test if you're deficient .
And it is still easy to get 2-3 time RDA magnesium with real food ( and you get all the other thing it has to offer too )

If I don't take magnesium I start to have muscle twitches. Especially in forearms and face.

Yes I do lots of cardio and it also happen to me in my eyelid & calves when I start eating like shit , I just add more magnesium rich food and they disappear in a matter of hours .

>eat 15 bananas
>take one small pill
which is the best way to get magnesium?

Why would you eat 15 banana ? Why not make your diet full of WHOLE FOOD that almost ALL contain magnesium ? Which means you just CAN'T be deficient in anything as long as you keep the diversity & total volume of food high enough .

The lower the caloric density the higher the micro density , it's true for 95%+ of foods , getting every micro at 1-2 time RDA is absolutely not a problem and you don't need to do meme like megadosing on ONE type of food .

People should fucking stop thinking like 1 food = 1 micro etc.

tell me what you eat in a day to get enough magnesium. I'll wait.

Buddy of mine has epilepsy, and loathed the medication. So he did some research, and found out that magnesium stops seizures. So he started taking magnesium supplements, and stopped taking his meds, and he hasn't had a seizure in over a decade.

Just eat a bowl of oats with some nuts and you'll get at least 200mg of magnesium.

at least 4 cup of anything leafy & green , none of them contain less than 6% RDA and some go up to 10 % . 24-40%

Around 50 g of nuts everyday alternating between different kind , even the worst one for magnesium content ( hazel ) still have 20% RDA and the best one ( almond ) go up to 35%. 20-35% .

Always get a portion of oats in the day , for breakfast or afternoon , 100g of oats is 35 % , 50g of oats would still be ~17%
( And this amount is true for others grains & most legumes , whole wheat , kidney/black beans .

One single cup of milk has 7% , if you don't consume dairy milk you can get soymilk , one single cup has 10%

100Kcals of sweet potatoes ? 8% , regular potatoes ? 8% too .

Every non leafy green veg also has around 4% per cup minimum .

You don't need to target a micro , by eating what I listed you get 100% RDA magnesium & also 100% + rda of close to everything

most spices will also give you around 1% per grams ; can't really put high amount of spices tho , but it's also true for real cocoa powder that can go easily go in high amount ( 5g+) in oats.

The thing you must keep in mind is that the point of eating this is NOT to get magnesium ,it's to eat cook live & have fun in general , when you eat real whole food the macro & micro automatically aligns up correctly

so your eating 1060kcals of oats everyday to get your daily magnesium needs?

Read & You don't eat one food for one micro , you don't mega dose on one food for a micro , it's stupid , not natural & not enjoyable , every healthy whole food contains magnesium & if your diet is only made of real healthy foods you can't be magnesium deficient , zinc deficient , anything deficient

Are you an idiot? You don't eat only a single type of food throughout the day.

>soy milk

There is literally nothing wrong with soy.

even if you remove the soymilk it's still above 200% , you could replace it with regular milk and still be at 247 %

Fact: Yes, some breast cancer grows in the presence of estrogen, and yes, soy can act like estrogen.

Fact: Yes, some breast cancer grows in the presence of estrogen, and yes, soy can act like estrogen.

hey soyboy

These compounds are not estrogens and do not directly add to estrogen levels in the blood. They can, however, affect estrogen metabolism. Soy protein and .

>yes, soy can act like estrogen.
Proofs??? SERMs aren't the same as real estrogen.

anyone here supp with soy instead of whey?

You don't need to sup with protein

grow manboobs dont be a bigot

2 jews in 1 thread? IDF that you??

Why wouldn't you just buy sea salt? contains magnesium and other minerals like sulphur and potassium and also
>muh sodium
Do not buy the white salt which is processed.

Yes Yes , buy isolated macro at 8x the price they cost us , can't grow big muscle without big whey

sea salt hardly contain more than 1 % or other mineral beside sodium & chloride per 100g .

so eat a kilo idiot

KOSAD
KILO OF SALT A DAY

no you convinced me, I will buy soy for greater Israel

>RDA
You know this reference value is complete meaningless trash and your body can make use of ALOT more?

perfect for dehydrating before a meet

Meant RDI sorry

Just as bad.
Let me give you an example: 50g protein a day.
Does that seem like a good idea for you? How about for someone 6'4 235lbs lifter?
And it's even worse for vitamins. To the point where you actually want 6+ times the listed amount.

Eating healthy is a very smart thing to do and it's also delicious.
But it doesn't make supplementing obsolet. In most cases, if you calculate the price per months, supplements are dirt cheap - especially if you already eat healthy and can get away with low amounts.

needs for vitamins & most minerals isn't correlated to total mass as much . Some minerals & vitamin can benefit from huge dose but it's pissed away most of the time .

>poo