QTDDTOT

What is the best variation of the row lift? DB variations preferred.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HhAtMY9HkWs
youtube.com/watch?v=_QtirC7AyCM
youtube.com/watch?v=gcr4aVLHaXI
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My personal favourite is the chest-supported dumbbell row, but I also like kroc rows. They pack strength on quick.

Heavy barbell rows

Why am I suddenly making progress? I've stalled on the same weight for 4 months. I've stubbornly done the same routine with no changes to diet, form or routine. But since last week I haven't missed reps. I've hit new maxes, and I've even sometimes had strength to spare to go AMRAP on the last set (on a new max).

Are you new? I remember when I first started I made random leaps and they were because of muscle mind connection. The first two months I didn't really feel anything in my back during horizontal and vertical pulls, then one day I walked in and could literally squeeze and contract my lats on command and my weight shot up like a rocket.

I've lifted a bit longer than that but the stall was still at beginner-tier weights.

How the fuck am I supposed to lift when I have a physically demanding job that leaves me drained every day?

I'm 6'2 220 lbs. green eyes

How much of that weight is fat?

Tell me about gym etiquette. I joined a gym and am going to go for the first time in a few days. I know what routine I’m doing (SL) and all that, but I’m anxious of being rude or doing something wrong. I’m in NSW, so any advice from fellow Ausfags on anything specific to our gyms would be appreciated.

What are Kroc Rows? And how do I do them? Is there a video out there?

Any bwg guys in here? I have a question about planche.

That depends upon whether you need more or less bicep work in your routine.

The answer is the pendlay row. Perform it with the underhanded grip if you want another bicep movement along with the back development, or if you already do enough bicep, stick with the typical pendlay row.

Let the weight come to a dead stop between reps and don't be that fag who cheats rows with his body moving. Your arms and back pull that weight up, nothing more.

What do I eat for massive shits? I am mostly constipated outside of my morning coffee induced shit.

Okay so I have this curve between my hip and rib and my friend told me to train my obliques
What are some good oblique excicises

fiber

turning your trip off

Just go to the gym. Once you're there you will get motivated. Make sure you have a packed gym bag in your car so you can just go straight there after work. Don't make excuses.

try this but hold it at the top position for 30 seconds

youtube.com/watch?v=HhAtMY9HkWs

when that gets easy you can replace it by what this guy is doing at 1:30 in the video
youtube.com/watch?v=_QtirC7AyCM

They're basically DB rows done heavy as fuck with some body English until failure, often in the 20+ rep range. I will do 2-3 sets without straps, and strap up for one final set to complete failure. Feels good man

What are high fiber low calorie snacks? Berries I assume?

Am I ready to switch from greyskull to PPL? My lifts are squat 90kgx5, dl 115kgx5, bench 65kgx5, ohp 45kgx5? I have the motivation and time so it feels lacking to go just three days of the week to the gym.

generally speaking, if i have to choose between food thats heavy on fats or food thats heavy on sugars, which one is better?

youtube.com/watch?v=gcr4aVLHaXI
Is he right? Should i just do deadlifts and bench everyday?

Is salsa healthy or is it just a less sugary ketchup

Is it normal to feel fucking wrecked after heavy training? I mean nausea, little headache, tired as fuck just like my eyelids weigh a ton. After I train I need to just be sitting or laying for the rest of the day as I am so exhausted.

This only started happening after I started REALLY trying hard in the gym but I've been training for couple of years now. Gains are good and I have a good appetite and everything but the exhaustion is something I am not used to.

Fat.

You may wanna reduce the intensity a tad bit user, you might kys if you continue this way.

Will performing stomach vacuums, over time, make your stomach more 'pulled in' the rest of the time i.e. at rest?

Is it possible to make joints connective tissue etc stronger? If so how? I don't want to fuck my shit up sooner or later?

no if you are a fat guy

What if you're not a fat guy?

Probably not I would say. They will stay healthier the stronger the muscle around it will be. Also performing healthy full ROM movements will definitely benefit you and keep your joints mobile. If you have mobile healthy joints and strong muscles, your joints will stay good no matter what.

My anatomy teacher used to say that people who take joint supplements have missed their window. They should have taken the supplements while their joints were still healthy to keep them healthy. Instead people take joint supplements when they fuck up their joints to slow down the fucking up.

Another thing is using full range of motion. The range of motion that you use - you get better at using it. The range of motion that you don't use - you get worse at using it. That's how our bodies work. That's why we all were flexible when we were kids, but since we didn't use our flexibility we lost it. So next time you do chin ups or dips try to go all the way up and all the way down. You can also do some flexibility/mobility training

also I forgot to add ligaments and tendons are trained the same way as muscles, but they have a weak blood supply. When you work out your ligaments get damaged, when you rest your ligaments get stronger than before, but this takes 10 times longer than muscles (so it is commonly said, don't know if there are any studies about the exact number)

Can flat feel be "repaired"/corrected with just using special shoe soles or does it usually take a surgery to fix the problem?

Mine got better after using orthopaedic soles, not 100% but better for sure.

I wanna get my self a bench and olympic bb, can anyone recommend a strong/stable bench brand that doesn't feel like its going to break on me

thanks

Fallout 4 sucksssss

These sound awesome. Despite being in the 20+ rep range are they still good mass builders? And how do u know how heavy to go without screwing up your shit

I drink over 2litres of water a day but my face always feels dry. What should I do?

moisturise

You suck!

Outta my thread. Fudge outta here

you can switch whenever you want
be careful not to catch a tendinitis though

Ok so I found this routine on last QTDDTOT, and it was suggested not only for beginners, but for intermediates too.

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

Being an intermediate (or at least having finished my linear progression gains), I like this routine, but I'm not too convinced it would work well.
Could there be a way to modify it a bit to work for intermediates as well?
What I'm not sure about is:

-The main lifts volume(isnt dlift 1x5 too little, and the others lifts too much?
-Is there a substitute for barbell rows? I know I'm a pussy but BB never did appeal to me.
-Would it be possible to add legs exercises to the corresponding push/pull day?
-Should i change pullups/chinups to weighted ones in the 3x5 range, or keep them weighted in the 3x8-12 range?

Sorry for autismo. If this routine is no good could you suggest me another one?

Thanks to whoever takes the pain to read all this.

What's the difference between Barbell row, Bent over row and Pendlay Row? I can't thell the difference and I'm not sure which one I'm doing at the gym, I am supposed to be doing Bent over rows according to SL 5x5

I keep waking up at about 4am to piss

how do I stop this??

>that feel when you right forearm hurts when you touch it a day after you bench press
Did I fuck up

who is this semen demon?

Stop drinking before going to sleep

>The main lifts volume(isnt dlift 1x5 too little, and the others lifts too much?
thing is, deadlifts obv dont really belong in a ppl so little volume is good. also you overtrain with these easily
>Is there a substitute for barbell rows? I know I'm a pussy but BB never did appeal to me.
sure, do heavy chinups instead
>Would it be possible to add legs exercises to the corresponding push/pull day?
no a push pull isn't that great
>Should i change pullups/chinups to weighted ones in the 3x5 range, or keep them weighted in the 3x8-12 range?
if you do heavy vertical pulls, do light horizontal pulls

bent over row: plates don't touch floor
pendlay row: plates touch floor
barbell row: one of the two above
you're suposed to do pendlay rows in sl

there is healthy and unhealthy. doesnt count as vegetable ofc

How the FUCK do I know how many calories I'm supposed to be eating? I've been using online TDEE calculators and they all give me wildly different results. Some say 2200, some say 2700, some say 3000. I don't know how to tell which is most accurate

For info, I'm 5'11" 170lbs 29 years old and doing SS+accessories 3x/week for 1.5 hour sessions. No physical activity other than that.

Calculate tdee for sedentary (tdeecalculator.com should be good) and then add ~500kcals for bulking. After a few weeks weight yourself. If you wanted to gain more add another ~50/100 kcals and remove them otherwise. Continue as such.

>sedentary
Why

Every person consumes different amounts of kcal during weightlifting and every site has a different formula. Sedentarty is fine to start because you adjust it overtime anyway, and its the only thing every site has more or less similar to each other

not original guy, but usually because these calculators grossly miscalculate how many calories you expend in your daily activities

When I use my pelvic floor muscles to prevent ejaculation, where does the semen go? I certainly feel like I would've ejaculated if I didn't use them, so there must've been cum in my dick.

Wow, If that's the case, I've been bulking at a 2kcal surplus

In the UK, what's a good offline place to buy vitamin D from? What should I expect to pay if I just want to get the daily recommended value as opposed to a Veeky Forums amount?

Ty for the responses everyone. I was trying to bulk at 2800kcal (Based on some TDEE calculator that gave me 2300) and basically plateau'd. Is adding another 400 to make it 3200 too big of a jump? I'm sick of stagnating

Beginner here, i was doing StrongLifts 5x5 for like 4 months and finally stoped feeling like a weak faggot. I want some aesthetics now. Should i keep at it and add some accessories or try a different program?

What am I actually meant to do with a high test thread to raise my test?

Started hitting the gym this week, after arms day yesterday my arms are mega sore and I can't fully extend them, is it a good idea to go for back day today? Don't know if I want to do deadlifts or lat pulldowns with my arms as they are.

If you're not gaining weight at 2800, you should bump it up.

How do I talk to women on here? In real life it's easier for me. She started with "hi", and the gif she sent is of that guy curling into a ball and rolling himself down the hill. Im guessing that's bad?

skinnyfat trying to get from 22% to 10% BF doing SS weight lifts

How is weight lifting an exercise for losing weight? Isn't it non-intuitive to weight lift when losing weight because you're losing muscle thus lifting less and less or stuck at the plateau? I'm confused on what my goals in weight lifting should be when I'm cutting. I haven't hit a plateau yet, but it would make sense that I'm getting weaker from losing fat+muscle. Only exercise I can see that I improve in is calisthenics like pull-ups.

if I'm already doing weighted push ups 2x week would I fuck myself up if I added weighted chin ups in trade of one bicep exercise?

reasoning is, chin up is like top 3 exercise for bicep growth and since it also will hit the back it would be like killing two birds with one stone

Send her the gif of homer disappearing into the bushes and say, "This is me leaving this interaction and never coming back"

Then, try again with someone else.

Technically it would add more strain on your tendons and ligaments, but if they're already trained and you eased into more weight or the strainious exercise then I suppose it wouldn't be a problem?

I only have 4 matches though. Should I tell her my description warned her of my stupid jokes? (I said I wanted a gf that laughed at my stupid jokes.)

What’s good and bad about CrossFit?

>crossfit
>good

Anyone can be a trainer for crossfit where you have no qualifications what so ever which is almost like a pyramid scheme. You are more prone to injury in crossfit.

No, it's over already. Keep your dignity ffs. You don't have to make an ass of yourself and stroke these hoes ego. Dont put them on a pedestal

What are some good and easy stretches to do for hamstrings? After I finish my SL5x5 workout I usually do some bodyweight squats, bring my ankle to my butt and some other stuff for arms/chest (mostly bullshit) but I don't really know a stretch that I can do specifically for hams, any recommendations?

Do dynamic stretches and not static stretches. Don't know of any.

Ah nevermind you said after, was thinking of BEFORE.

1.) If my bench is sub 50kg (which it is atm), is it then fine to bench on both a Monday and a Friday (do upper body on those days and legs on the Wednesday)

2.) Is chest press useless? doing 50kg chest press (machine) atm and wonder if I shouldn't be doing incline dumbbell instead for upper chest

All in the green eyes

Are there any ways to make my hands appear bigger?

They're slightly above average for my height, but my wrists are massive and make them look small..

who dis gurl

ur mom

Should I drink whey isolate before AND after working out?

Been lifting seriously for a couple of months, with some cardio as well. When will I be capable of loving someone, have stronger emotions and passions for things? There is nothing so far.

>that feel when you started lifting because you love someone

Are there any negatives to eating 2 bananas a day?

You become a monkey.

So I did deadlifts on Tuesday. My back was kinda sore yesterday but now it actually hurts today, I can barely move without it hurting pretty bad. Should I take today off from lifting to recover? I was gonna do chin-ups, OHP, squats, curls, facepulls, farmer walks, incline sit-ups and planks. Will any of those fuck with my back much?

Depends if you're new and if the pain is just from DOMS. If it's DOMS, then your muscles need to be warmed up from dynamic stretches and exercises. Do some warm-up lifts from low weights to get the blood flowing to those muscles and to help relieve some strain. You can always end the exercise early if it's actually painful for you to lift. I say if it doesn't hurt during the heavy lift then it's just DOMS.

My nutritionist has put me on a deficit cuz I'm 21.6%bodyfat. Should I stick to my GSLP or do I go into something more aesthetics focused (less weight more reps)?

Lifting while cutting prevents you from losing as much muscle mass as long as you eat adequate protein. Therefore, when you lose fat, a larger percent of your body becomes muscle, and you appear more muscular.

That is true, but won't I get to a plateau where I'll be stuck until I stop cutting and start bulking? I don't know what the long term will be for me in weight lifting goals.

Is no pain no gain a meme? Despite trying to push myself during my workout and struggling in the last reps I don't feel sore the next morning, and I feel like my gainz have stalled lately. Shouldn't you be feeling somewhat sore afterwards indicating the muscle breakdown you want?

It's definitely not just DOMS, I've lifted in the past and can tell the difference.

>I'm 21.6%bodyfat
Weight/height?

All I can say is some staple answers like vitamins+diet hindering muscle recovery, some injury occurred, or you're getting the over-training effect?

How long have you been doing GSLP for? I would stick with that until your numbers start stalling, then switch to an intermediate routone.

Yes you'll eventually hit a plateau with your lifts. That's why it's normal to do cycles of cutting and bulking. Cut to not be a fatass, lean bulk to put on some muscle so you can eat more, then cut again while being able to eat more so you maintain the muscle you gained.

That's fair. I think I'll just go anyway and if I start to hurt I'll leave. Thanks for the advice.

Dehydration maybe. Same thing was happening to me, but I figured it was due to not drinking enough (I go in the mornings, so usually don't drink a lot before. May be the problem.