Fat Wojack is Back

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Fuck cucks who won’t use fat wojack as the threads mascot!

Old shit thread here

Confess

nothing to confess

>Half heartedly pay attention to calories and exercise
>See picture of an obese persons stomach
>Absolutely horrendous
I finally have motivation

There’s always something to confess, Fat Body.

I just finished eating 2 sausage mcmuffin, big breakfast with hotcakes and 3 hash browns.

I'm not going to make it.

Good grief you fat fuck. Are you trying to lose the game? Why didn’t you go for the oatmeal?

Down one stone in a month and a half, but I'm just so tired. I want to make it but the stressing and counting and trying to fit workouts in is exhausting me.
Havent dont cardio in a week and lifts have suffered.

Alright, time for a good walk.
I’m not getting any less tired by continuing to be on my back on the couch.

>I want to make it but the stressing and counting and trying to fit workouts in is exhausting me.
so you take a break for a couple days and get out of the groove of things, then you try to get back on the horse and it takes 3 months which is really 6 months and you realize you only lost half of the weight you wanted and that you should never have stopped doing the "hard" thing because you would have been so much farther along by now if you hadn't

Don’t count calories. It doesn’t work and here’s why:

>In the US companies are legally allowed to be off by as much as 20% in their calorie reporting on nutrition labels. That means a 100 calorie food could actually be as high as 120 calories.

>People almost always under estimate their portion sizes. Can you tell the difference between a cup of mashed potatoes and 3/4 of a cup? Doubtful, but people will log the calories of the 3/4 cup size.

>it’s just not a sustainable prectice. No one scans every single bite they put in their mouths. And, it becomes a tedious chore that acts as a gains goblin to your progress.

All you need to do is watch your portions. Eat half of what you think you want (portion wise). It’s ok to take a day here and there to log calories to get an idea of potentially how much you’re eating, but it won’t be exact because of reason 1 above.

>>People almost always under estimate their portion sizes
not if you purposfully over estimate
also
kill yourself.

>Don't count calories
Hello tumblr

Yeah, I can see that happening. I think im just depressed about someting, and its not the getting fit part. That makes me feel good and watching the numbers on the scale go down is exciting. I'm just having a bad day, I dont want to lose my progress just for a rough patch.

>People almost always under estimate their portion sizes. Can you tell the difference between a cup of mashed potatoes and 3/4 of a cup? Doubtful, but people will log the calories of the 3/4 cup size.

That's what a set of scales is for.

>it’s just not a sustainable prectice. No one scans every single bite they put in their mouths. And, it becomes a tedious chore that acts as a gains goblin to your progress.

Before I got into Uni, I logged consistently for three years, I'm about to hit 100 days again on MFP (put on 20kg at Uni whilst not logging over two years- have lost 10kg of that already). It's not a tedious chore, the more you use MFP the easier it gets as MFP remembers food items you put in 'frequently'. And yes, I "scaned every single bite" back when I logged for three years, and still do today.

I don't ever intend to stop logging, I can't keep the weight off without it- so it's just part of life.

This. I've been both rounding cals up and measuring portion sizes. I just feel like someting is missing or wrong. Its been almost 2 months and I though I'd start to feel better, more energy by now.

I wanted to eat above my deficit today, but I didn't.

I wanted to skip the gym, but I didn't.

I wanted to ditch my 17k step goal, but I didn't.

Stop focusing on your losses and focus on what you are doing right.

i recommend podcasts like "the guardians long reads" walk at night for 1-3 hours on non gym days.

>Its been almost 2 months and I though I'd start to feel better
you're still fat, and as of right now you're eating at a caloric deficit.
get to goal weight and learn your maintenance amount for that.

Don't expect to feel amazing so soon because weight loss is the epitome of /marathon not race/

Portion control, as usual, is the issue.

Fuck yeah, brah

Never thought of it like that. Any suggestion on what I can do about the fatigue?

oats and coffee

>It doesn’t work
I've lost 100 lb doing it. Get a scale and round up per serving. It's easy mode. All you need is dedication.

Day 18 of water fast

Not really much to report, still get a bit lightheaded if i get up too fast, but apart from that, i get like 1-2 small hunger pangs that last a minute or so, average weight loss has been 1.83 pounds a day, although thats including water weight and likely a bit of muscle wasting so likely its about 1-1.5 pounds a day.

Starting Weight - 262
Current Weight - 229
Goal weight - 175

Exercise - 1.5-2 mile cardio / 4-5kg free weights with a lot of reps until i basically tire out

Vitamins/Supplements - B complex, multivitamins, biotin, electrolyte pills x2 (sodium/potassium/calcium/magnesium), vitamin d, fish oil (once a week)

>Water fast
Does this mean literally just water?

Alright brahs, I'm gonna get through this! Putting on Sabaton, getting through this day, then its back to the gym!
WE'RE ALL GONNA FUCKING MAKE IT!

>Can you tell the difference between a cup of mashed potatoes and 3/4 of a cup?
Yes, because I have a kitchen scale
>No one scans every single bite they put in their mouths
*raises paw* ummmm... I do

If you're eating at a deficit not losing weight, it means either A) You are counting calories wrong, whether it's your own fault or the nutrition label is incorrect (it probably isn't if you're eating "healthy" foods, or B) Your TDEE is lower than you think. Cut back more.

I think we all know what the replies are going to be on this

yes

How is that possible?

Basically only Zero calorie foods

>Being this new to Veeky Forums

I never said I wasn't a newfag
Don't you need food though? Surely people can't survive on just water

your body stops burning carbs after it eats all the food in your gut, then it kicks into ketosis and starts eating your fat, for long fasts it's recommended that you take vitamins and minerals so you don't dehydrate.

>So you don't dehydrate
>On water fast
Explain this to a retard. How can you dehydrate if you're having water all the time

Look up ketosis. There's easier ways of getting into it.

Your body shifts itself from relying on glucose to relying mostly on ketones (especially your brain) which it gets from catabolising your body fat (ketones and fatty acids, of which the fatty acids gets converted into glucose; which as a result triggers a lot of different effects.

You want to avoid zero calorie foods, especially anything with sweeteners; as even though they have no sugar, the sweetness can induce a insulin response, which you really don't want since insulin triggers de novo lipogenesis (conversion of whatever circulating glucose you have into fat)

minerals trap water in your body and regulate all the processes.
when fasting you flush out everything without restocking (because you're not eating) and you pee much more.

because your body literally pisses it away

not sure if it's the same thing that other dude was getting on to but without things that make your body work like vitamins and minerals and shit you will just piss out all the water and not actually use it

body does not retain water when on a water fast, especially when you do not consume salt, thus if you consume salt you will feel better, have no nausea etc on a fast. if you don't your blood might become imbalanced

that's why animals travel far as fuck for "salt licks"

Typically water is reserved in the body via salt and carbohydrate retention, (for carbs, every 1 gram of carbs requires 4 grams of water to store) whereas salt retention relies on dietary salt intake but can also account for a significant amount.

Without these, you can dehydrate yourself pretty quickly, typically in my water fasts, i wake up with a dry mouth if i dont drink enough the night before.

>nsulin triggers de novo lipogenesis (conversion of whatever circulating glucose you have into fat)

This would be bad on a regular ketosis diet but why would it matter if you're not introducing any calories into your body for them to be turned into fat?

Thanks for the helpful info on water fasts. Is there any food to eat during one, I'd prefer not to take vitamins

>Is there any food to eat during one
Apparently notbut shirataki noodles are 100% fiber and technically indigestible.

rocks

I'm physically cringing at everything in this post.

You're a fatfuck skipping the third helping of chicken nuggets, not conquering Mount Everest naked, for fucks sake.

ADF works great for me
Lifting on eating days at about 3k kcal
Cardio on fasting days
I don't feel hunger that much on fasting days and on eating days I often don't even hit 3k kcal because I'm fuller easier

>Not everybody is in the US. And even then, if you're eating non processed food, it doesn't fucking matter. If you have 100g of chicken breast, look up what that has on google, and find the entry that matches. Boom. You don't even have to look at the label

>Then you fucking measure it. Foodscale and measuring cups. Shits easy.

>Yes, it is sustainable. Eventually you don't need to track it so autistically, but when you have a firm goal like "lose x amount of weight" you need a firm practice.

>be fat
>have low education on nutrition and no understanding of meal portions
>just eat half of what you normally would

small coke
almost a kilo of parma ham in less than 3 days
my sodium intake is done for a month
can i die?

How about you hop on keto so you can
>eat Parma ham all day cause 0 carbs
>drink diet coke cause 0 carbs
>consume as much sodium as possible

>When you eat less than your body burns you lose fat
How exactly does this work?

Because when you eat less than your body burns, your body will still need fuel to burn
And where does it get the fuel that it needs from? The stored fat

In all seriousness though, how can you lack such a basic understanding of nutrition? I mean, I'm not trying to talk shit but every human being with 2 brain cells should know this

are you literally retarded?

because you still get glucose from the breakdown of fatty acids.

but you don't have any extra calories to convert to fat, so does your body just stop burning energy?

>tfw finally under 120kg

less than 20kg to go, at least I can use normal scales again

Oh look, its this faggot again.

What's the threshold of BF that considers you to not be fat?

for men it is 17%body fat
for women it is 29% bodyfat

I think the best thing from a new diet and exercise aside from the obvious weight loss is the high fiber diet

My intestines were never that good at doing their job so I was used to 30min+ painful, dry shits but now that I'm eating lots of fiber (oats and flaxseed on brekky, small salad + veggies on lunch and a big salad on dinner) my shits are fucking amazing, just big and smooth, not even 5 minutes after I sit on my throne and I'm already done

God bless fiber, anons

Just keep going brah. Even if you slow down, dont stop.

Get a squatty potty for God tier shits

Almost 1 week in bros. The thought of eating more meat and cheese is making me nauseous desu

Training legs is so fucking satisfying. Doing all kinds of squats for 15-20 minutes and supersetting with sitting against a wall or calves training gets my legs fucking sore so fast. I have always had fat big legs but it's time to change that

I thought you were joking but this is a real thing

At what BF is when your belly doesn't pop out where you're relaxed and don't need to flex?

Are you trying to ask when you get abs? Like 10%

>tfw you get stoned and eat 12 thomas high fiber english muffins

Keto? What are you doing?

Been using it for a while now and it helped me solve my bloating when I was close to believing it was lactose intolerance
My sausages also flush out way smoother now

It's legit dude especially if you think about how evolution had us shitting in a squatting position for millions of years

No, just for the outward bump/curve in the stomach to be flattened at least.

Not quite keto, just trying get as much protein as possible (averaging 120g on a 1500 cal diet)

Meant for

I had a donut last night and one this morning

Pro tip, your protein needs quoted by those bodybuilding sites and calculators are about triply exaggerated.

You could have done a lot worse than English muffins because they're pretty low cal as far as bread goes but that portion man. At 140 calories a muffin you ate 1680 calories. That's a day's worth of food in one sitting. Either learn how to eat or quit smoking weed until you know how to get stoned without bingeing.

Go for more fish if you can. Dat protein to cal ratio, bro. Plus dem Omega3s

>not planning on binging and eating omad regardless of your stance on weed
it wasn't a mess up, I was just to lazy to cook beef and rice.

Dude. I like weed. I used to smoke it everyday but eating half a gallon of turtle tracks ice cream a night takes its toll. You need to prioritize.

Thanks but I don’t listen to anything when out walking. I prefer my somewhat successful attempts at meditation.

Will do my dude

b-but muh sticky

So, yesterday I guess I just ate a salad out of laziness. Spinach, redpeppers, with some egg and beans in it. Nothing really notable, just 100 calories.

Now that I'm looking at it I haven't been hungrier now than I have in in...forever? Should I just stick with it? I'm looking to lose body fat, probably about 10 pounds of it.

Nothing to confess
Weighed myself for the first time in about a month and the number has dropped

Counting cals is not sustainable practice. Do you want to register every single bite into MFP 'till your dying day? I know I don't.

To keep weight off for good what you need is a healthy relationship with food. By counting calories you forget how to eat intuitively, and the moment you stop counting you feel lost and start regaining.

Been there, done that.

Post starting and current physique

suck your own dick with a shotgun all the way in your asshole and pull the trigger when you climax

imagine being this fucking dumb
Dont take the bait, count your calories

>counting calories may yield better results short-term, but is not sustainable long-term
>POST PHYSIQUE

I made that mistake, protein keeps you fuller longer but doesn't satisfy you. Carbs satisfy you but only keep hunger away for an hour or two.

Heres what I do. 500 - 600cal meals, 80% carb 20% protein.

For example I had tuna and rice for dinner, 400 calories of rice and 100 calories of tuna.

Keep it simple.

For me it's been more about portion control. I now know what a 100 grams of broccoli looks like rather than measuring things by plates of food. Sure I can eat a half plate of food but that's not a guarantee that I'm not going to overeat. When I weigh my food I know exactly what I'm putting in my mouth. It takes less than a minute to weigh each item I put on my plate and less than three to put it into myfitnesspal. It gives me control for not a lot of effort. Why shouldn't one want control over their food instead of their food controlling them?

Stupid

Count your calories boys

Thanks for proving you're just a fat uneducated retard talking just to say something

Let me explain you it so even a brainlet like you understands
>be fat
>count calories to get a better understanding how much you consume and how much you really need
>lose weight and become normal
>understand what and how much to eat to maintain your weight without having to count calories

Counting calories has made me aware of a) how much the little snacks add up and
B) how many calories are in certain foods
I've been using mfp for about a month and I'm already better at estimating
It's a skill I never had, and I'm learning it slowly.

Counting for a period of time to get a general sense of calorie content is fine, but I can't imagine myself weighing out and typing down every tiny bit of food I consume for the coming years or even decades.

I've read many testimonials of people who got binge eating disorder from using calorie-counter apps for too long.
I was one of them. Now I'm running IF with 1-2 meals a day, the weight is coming down and I've regained my ability to eat intuitively (listen to your natural hunger/satiety signals)

To each his own, no need to be so emotional about it

>listen to your natural hunger/satiety signals
you are wrong.
no need to be so emotional about it.
now fuck off roastie.

Fattie here, having issues doing barbell squats.Like I can't go all the way down. Any tips/tricks?