Let's talk about this study

Link to article:
>independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/white-men-exercise-every-day-heart-disease-risk-compared-black-males-study-a8007206.html (apologies, archive isn't working atm)

Link to study:
>mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(17)30577-3/fulltext#title-footnote-tbl1fnc

So, the claim being made is that heavy exercise (>7.5 hours pr/wk) leads to coronary artery calcification (CAC) in white males. Let's take a closer look at the study. (I advise you read it in its entirety)

The study included 3175 subjects divided into three groups based on self-reported physical activity (PA) level. The heavy PA (7.5 hr/wk) group totaled 268 total subjects, 108 of them being white males.
>208 participants
>108 white males
Of the 208 in this group, 34% of them were self-reported current or previous smokers (15.4% and 18.8% respectively).
There was a 10% increase in diabetes in this group at the end of the 25 year study.
Additionally, 25% were diagnosed with hypertension.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17145114
cardiosmart.org/News-and-Events/2017/07/Extreme-Long-Distance-Running-Has-Questionable-Impact-on-Heart
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Like melanin has any bearing on how fucking much heart disease you get from working out.

Jew propaganda.

Lmfao kys OP and faggots hurr durr being white is bad for you fuck off I aint reading stupid bullshit

I can explain this
See most people in the gym are starting to get in shape. These people aren’t/fit/ but people who were already at risk of heart disease

Oh boy here come the butthurt white "men".

Nigger trying too hard

PA was measured by way of self-reported leisure time activities at 8 intervals throughout the 25 year study.

>"Participants were asked about the frequency of participation in 13 specific categories (8 vigorous intensity and 5 moderate intensity) of recreational sports, exercise, home maintenance, and occupational activities during the previous 12 months. Intensity for each activity was expressed as metabolic equivalents (METs), in which 1 MET is defined as the energy expended at rest, which is approximately equivalent to an oxygen consumption of 3.5 mL per 1 kg of body weight per minute."

>"Vigorous activities (≥6 METs) included running or jogging; racquet sports; biking; swimming; exercise or dance class; job lifting, carrying, or digging; shoveling or lifting during leisure; and strenuous sports. Moderate-intensity activities (3-5 METs) included nonstrenuous sports, walking and hiking, golfing and bowling, home exercises or calisthenics, and home maintenance or gardening. Each activity was scored according to whether it was performed for 1 hour or longer during any 1 month during the past year, the number of months it was performed at that level, and the number of months the activity was performed frequently. Each activity was then assigned an intensity score, ranging from 3 to 8 METs, and a duration threshold (ranging from 2-5 hours per week), above which participation was considered to be frequent."

White men should run from the police more to soften arteries.

How much more of this exact same thread do we need? Remember to hide and report for spam/shitty polbait

Race is not only about melanin. I agree it's propaganda though.

I don't care either way because I'm brazilian so it's not like I'm white or black or whatever.

>"A total PA score was computed using a computer-based algorithm by multiplying the frequency (number of months) by the intensity score of the activity with a weighting factor to represent duration of participation. The total activity score was the sum of scores for all activities expressed in exercise units (EUs), and a threshold of 300 EU was used as the criterion to create distinct PA trajectory groups. For reference, a total activity score of 300 EU approximates Health and Human Services recommendations of approximately 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity per week. Previously in the CARDIA study, the 300-EU threshold has been shown to provide a more conservative estimate of meeting PA guidelines (sensitivity and specificity of 64.5% and 97.1%, respectively). The CARDIA PA questionnaire shows test-retest reliability in the range of 0.77 to 0.84,20 which is comparable with that of other activity questionnaires."

They only recorded CAC at the end of the 25 year period. Also most of the information was self reported. And the way they recorded activity was fucking retarded.

I mean I'm mixed race in case that wasn't clear.

A bunch of white soy boys who want any white guy with testosterone to also become soy boys so they can watch black bulls fuck their sisters, moms, girlfriends, friends and wives

I agree, also lifestyle outside of exercise (smoking, drinking, diet) didn't seem to be properly accounted for. Those are heavy variables.
>How much more of this exact same thread do we need? Remember to hide and report for spam/shitty polbait
AFAIK this study was just published 1-3 days ago. You can stop being such an utter butthurt faggot and not just not participate.

This

>t.Dr Tyrone

>self reported
Dropped.
Learn to find valuable studies you mong

I tried to find a picture of him yesterday, figured he was either a pajeet or negro. No luck.

>Learn to find valuable studies you mong
I agree the self-reported results are a flaw. Also they didn't even attempt to prove the correlation was the cause of CAC.

It's garbage. Black men have the highest rate of heart disease in the US.

Let me guess, white mom and black dad ?

Which has to do with stress, lack of activity, ciagrette use and excessive consumption of sugars.
And less access to doctors and medicine

Also cholesterol buildup due to the presence of one but not two specific alleles because most African Americans are between 5 and 20% mixed with caucasians.

Welll itll explain how that white cheerleader tore her ligaments at a black camp

retarded study
108 white males
"lifted"
does not properly account for all external factors
goes against findings of thousands of other studies conducted over past 70+ years

>not the kikes

I understand that and I understand there are some genetic differences, just like some people have diabetes running in their family or breast cancer but that's the extent of how different humans are from each other.

We are all predisposed to be fatter or thinner, healthier or sicker, bad teeth or good teeth, addictions etc.

But inside, our arteries, hearts, the most basic shit of a human being is the same.

>Unhealthy white men more likely to lie to researchers about how often and how intensely they exercise.

Probably driven by perceived cultural value of fitness activities. Self report studies are shit.

>Dr. Jamal
LMAO

disregarded

>Dr. Jamal

Literally an oxymoron

>Dr. J
seems legit

To be fair, race doesn't exist atleast there's no objective standard for race and changes with perception and culture.
The "There's no race" bit is a simplistic answer to the simplistic misconception that's widespread through the world. Saying it doesn't real implies we're all the same. There are differences between people across ethnic lines but to simplify it to black, white, asian, etc overlooks so many differences in those "races" a Somali probably has about as much in common with a Bushman, as a Swede does with a Greek despite people claiming they're the same "race". Also what's considered a certain race changes when you change culture. In America the one drop rule still plays with a lot of perceptions so when someone has even a sizable white mixture in their blood, it can be completely ignored and people just claim they're their nonwhite mixture. Going into certain predominantly black countries however and those people will just be white. Many Latino countries have their own assortment of racial identifiers which are chucked from the window when they come to the states and some people will see them simply as Hispanic/Latino.

>Dr Jamal
A witch doctor, i assume?

>Race is a social constr-

Hey, wait a minute!

it is because of shit diet. gymrats eat like pigs. go vegan.

This is the biggest crock of shit I've ever read

But Veeky Forums told me that race isn't a thing and everyone who said otherwise should go back to /pol/?

yes goyim, stop working out! sit on the couch and watch tv instead!

Oy vey!

t. shitskin, how about you learn proper English before you attempt to use it to sound smart.

Probably lifting the Trauma of their existence away more than anything else. If they smothered their pain in food they would probably die even sooner.

Bullshit.

Two generations back to be the beginning of time 95% of white men would fall into this group and those fuckers conquered the planet.

The only fucking people they had to fight with was themselves (despite what EA would like us to beleive).

Eating all the small meals kills weight trainers and marathon runners.

IF or 3meals a day is super heart healthy.

BBC theory winning ground.

why did I have to be born into the Cuck Era

why couldn't I have been born into the height of imperial domination

*blocks your path*

Dr. fucking Jamal

So my genetics are not superior and it was just an affirmative action free degree the whole time?

It's always the Cuck Era somewhere

and blacks are still seen as inferior :0)

>Dont lift goyim I mean white men. You cant handle exercise it is bad for you little hearts. Big muscles are for black guys only.
Sorry! :^)

>Das rite whitey just stay lazy and weak

not that hard

We asked for this shit though. We are perfectly capable of putting up walls and sticking up for each other as Euro descendants, we just choose to be huge bitches. This is Hitler's fault

>taking advice from a numale

Even if his advice was true, I’d rather live 30 years as a freak beast alpha than 100 years as a beta bitch

Just don't do much high impact exercise.

Walk instead of run.

Swim instead of run.

Was anything I said wrong? Wrong at all?

kff.org/other/state-indicator/number-of-heart-disease-deaths-per-100000-population-by-raceethnicity-2/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"

ITS TIME TO STOP!

Okay, controlling for lifestyle factors, wouldn't "blacks" with no "white" ancestry be in a far better position when it comes to heart health if the study in the OP is correct?

This study seems like bullshit. Not many people exercise seven hours a week. And it's self-reported, plus no mention of what kind of exercise. No controlling for other factors like diet, steroid use and a bunch of other things. Why did they publish it?

I cant stand this god damn shit fuck you nigger

Wow what a racist study. Coronary artery calcification is a poor and incomplete measure of heart disease. This study doesn't even take into consideration the other kinds of heart disease scientists have discovered like musical heart disease and emotional heart disease.

Further proof as to who has superior genetics

Yes goy. Get fat. Wouldn't want that heart disease now. Black men have nothing to worry about.

Actually one of the co writers is one Jamal Rana, which is even funnier.

Yes, subjective perspective does not disprove scientific objectivity.
Therevare almost as many races as there are countries.

>AFAIK this study was just published 1-3 days ago. You can stop being such an utter butthurt faggot and not just not participate
And there have been multiple threads about it already, often more than one at a time, which all achieve no intelligent discussion at all, boiling down to nothing else but
>LMAO HOW CAN WHITE BOIS COMPETE
>NIGGERS NIGGERS JEWS
But keep on being an autistic faggot repeatedly doing the adult equivalent of a 12yo posting "lmao xbox sux" on a video game forum, I bet it's really funny reading the same replies over and over

ye of little mind, hueland is a mess. I don't even know what the fuck is in my blood, i would say italian, native, german, african, by order of magnitude.

lol white men should just hang it up already
women are starting to notice how weak and feminine you naturally are as well.
just kill yourselves or become traps.

I came in a thread i don't like to make people stop talking about it by bumping it and i am now mad
Truly a cut above the average shitposter.

Its a bullshit study, what does white males even mean?
A scandinavinan lives longer than a Italian, both are just lumped into the category "white man" its junk science, there are big variations inside the group the call "white men" and they only tested 268 in total, thats a silly number when you have just lumped people who are extremly geneticly different into a group based on the shade of their skin

Lol Underrated

Why are Australian aboriginals so likely to get rheumatoid heart failure?

damn he ugly lmao

life is pretty shit when i am not regularly active.

and your still a virgin
so what does that say about you?
lmao, cuck

keep dreaming, blackboi. I've banged thousands of broads

your hentai/shota folder doesn't count, virgin kek

It's subclinical CAC they're reporting on though.

Though what strikes me the most is the fact that there is not much being said about the nature of the "Heavy PA" group.

Unless you're roiding, no way you're doing 7.5 hours of pure lifting per week (fucking about between sets at the gym doesn't count).

My guess would be that this group mostly represents endurance athletes like long distance runners, cyclists and rowers.

It's been long established that this kind of endurance sport is very strenuous on the cardiovascular system. For instance, marathon runners show elevated levels of cardiac troponin, a protein usually only detectable in the blood as a result of necrosis of cardiac tissue (E.G. a heart attack). See:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17145114

The possible negative result on cardiovascular health due to long distance running has also been highlighted here:
cardiosmart.org/News-and-Events/2017/07/Extreme-Long-Distance-Running-Has-Questionable-Impact-on-Heart

Though I can't seem to find the original publication about that last one. I'd love to read it if anyone can find it.

TLDR: Cardio doesn't just kill gains, it kills YOU.

>thinks race is bound to borders, doesn't know what ethnicity is.
le objective rational thinker

I wonder how many of those white males ate animal products? Any other lurking or confounding variables?

>25 year study
>3175 participants

You fags are actually disregarding science because
>LOL NIGGERS

Anybody posted any valid counterpoints to the study, because this is serious.

None of that made any sense. You could write copy for Big Brother.

How can white bois ever recover??????

I work at a warehouse and from my 8 hour shift about 2-3 of it is spent lifting heavy shit. I also go to the gym 3-4 times a week and spend a total of 5-6 hours weightlifting. I guess it's only a matter of time until my heart stops.

So cardio.
That's allright i dont do more than 2 hours a week of cardio.

Read the study and you'll notice their methodology has some pretty big flaws