HOW THE FUCK DO I TRAIN ABS

I've been lifting for over three years & still have no idea how to train my abs, especially re: balance & aesthetics (in b4 diet).

The only ab work I get is indirect via squats, deadlifts & zerchers. Sometimes I throw in pallof presses as they seem to help with my deads.

They're definitely a weak spot for me & I'd like to train them multiple times a week. Can anyone nudge me in the right direction?

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/483473-are-situps-crunches-bad-for-the-spine/
youtube.com/watch?v=Vyeu3BrvyeA
youtube.com/watch?v=6ai2c5vZGOs
youtube.com/watch?v=zKJ4wnJ-lkA
youtube.com/watch?v=7ujnQL40bj0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do some fucking crunches you dumb fuck

I don't believe you've been lifting for 3 years and can't even think of a single exercise that works abs.

Did they not make you do sit-ups in PE?

Ever heard of the "internet" ?

Anyone who says crunches is retarded
>A sit-up or crunch compresses the spine and encourages movements that are not well-mimicked in any physical activity, making these exercises a poor choice for abdominal strengthening.
livestrong.com/article/483473-are-situps-crunches-bad-for-the-spine/
(Weighted) planks, hollow holds, and hanging leg raises are my jam.

ty m8, but i reckon half of them are made up.

to those saying crunches gtfo. those saying google c'mon i'm here to be spoon fed by the best.

i have pallof press and leg raises. what should i add boyos?

Everyone knows sit-ups and crunches don't do shit. They fuck with your back and neck, and barely work out your abs.

Only two ab isolation exercises you need:
>Hanging leg raises
>Ab wheel roll outs

They're not made up.

Mind you some of them have nicknames, should have edited that sorry.

You should be able to google all of them,

Crazy Ivan's = Russian twists

Start off with less reps if you can't do them all, 25 is a big ask. But you can do this every day or every workout day after your usual stuff, no rest.

Crunches are the number one ab activation though.

Also Stuart McGill tells you to do half crunches, bird dogs, and side planks for weightlifting.

Post a pic of Stuart McGill's abs.

ty, this is good stuff. adding side planks & russian twists to my leg raises & pallof presses. i think this should do more but more suggestions are great.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vyeu3BrvyeA
I started doing this routine and it seems to be working pretty well, but I was already like 12% bf when I started

thx man! he has strong nip game & i felt like a total poof watching but it was a useful vid

Been thinking of doing cable crunches and wood choppers to start to train my abs directly. Any issues with the spine with these? Should I just stick to one?

>that video

Thanks for reminding me faggot youtube.com/watch?v=6ai2c5vZGOs

YO MA

>tfw he killed himself

youtube.com/watch?v=zKJ4wnJ-lkA

youtube.com/watch?v=7ujnQL40bj0

Yeah nah lad. He's still out there fatfuckin bein' a useless cunt

and this is why

Plank rotations.

2-3x
Plank
Side plank
Reverse crunch, or other variations
Side plank

Serratus pushups are also neat and easy.

No they aren't. It's been scientific proven that crunches hardly activate the core in a beneficiary way

Look up alsruhe he has some good ones. I do planks, Russian twists, side bends and ab wheels