/plg/ - powerlifting general

Useful links:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tZIonSOwhM3iM0gTYVXuUAw/htmlview

Nostalgic listening:
youtu.be/V9NhncU5_CE

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/Baccz43A5cz/?hl=en
easternbloclifting.blogspot.co.nz/2015/11/high-frequency-minimalist-training.html
youtube.com/watch?v=XKQ3o8eLSk4
instagram.com/p/BaaeQFOA2kC/
bpisports.com/blog/how-powerlifting-saved-me-from-myself/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dropping my deadlift weight and working on form and technique while I slowly build it back up. I pulled 645 at my first meet in June but had a lot of thoracic rounding.

Did 40 reps at 405 today - how does it look /PLG/?

instagram.com/p/Baccz43A5cz/?hl=en

Switch to hook grip, and how tall are you?

6'2

Need to be 74 kg for a meet, I'm 80-81 right now. The meet is in late february, when do I start my cut?

Do it now, cut about 2-3kg extra, eat at a small surplus between now and then, maintain once you get within .5kg of your weight.

>do SS
>bench is still shit by the end
>Go into TM 4 day
>Bench goes up for a month and then stalls again
fuck. What's the best way to squeeze more bench in? extra sets on intensity day?

just do nuckols int x3

Why is plg dead

Nice blog

I want sarah to be my milk mommy and give me lots of singaporean cummies

Nice blean

holy shit its dead as fuck lmfao

my will truley does decide whether this thread lives or dies

I will it to die

and it does

I am God

whys ray williams' deadlift so much lower than his squat?

Because his belly is gigantic and he's like 60% bf, which makes it hard for him to find good leverages when deadlifting. This is why a virtually every strong SHW powerlifter squats more than they pull.

Help my tailbone hurts

Let me kiss it so it can feel better

No but really though

whys it different for squats then?

Start the movement standing up instead of bent over. It's much easier to force yourself into a good position with a lot of weight on top of you. Couple other factors too. The big belly that would hurt your starting position for deadlift would help your bottom position in the squat, assuming you hit depth.

/plg/'s opinion on eastern bloc training?\
easternbloclifting.blogspot.co.nz/2015/11/high-frequency-minimalist-training.html
>Link semi related.

good post

If you were pressed for time and had to rig things up to fit a shitty schedule, it'd work. Not something I'd want to run consistently or if I was in a position to try and maximise gains.

Not sure that I'd call that particular setup high frequency or particularly hard, but percentages are deceitful little things.

Can't lift the same weight i do at the gym at home what is happening?... i can lift more on bench but squat an deadlift are like 50 pounds lower

Might be a difference in bars or plates, probably just mental.

well shitty commercial bar vs texas power bar and the plates do weigh what they say my only guess is that either the weights at the gym are much lighter or the height is different and it throws me off

>adorable gym girl I have a crush on adds me on FB
>SHIT SHIT SHIT
>see her About page
>In a relationship

This

Can you show me?

>40 reps of my max
woah, you're a big guy.

god damn ben rice a thicc boi

youtube.com/watch?v=XKQ3o8eLSk4

I'd be right happy to

Please I want to see her.

Just power snatching more than u guys can squat over here.

instagram.com/p/BaaeQFOA2kC/

>Caring about a hang snatch

I bet you aren't even on team GB lmao

I can bench more than that lmoaaa. Are you seriously thinking 140kg is impressive

>must compete against 1 dude only instead of an entire local area of dudes
>complains

How far can I bulk at 5'10"? I am at 170 lbs right now, but want to gain more muscle.

werent you on test

i weigh 200lbs at 5'8 and i still have room to fill out

16-18% bf btw yeah i need to cut

For a power snatch ya also i bench 143kgx10

Nope im natty currently.

>currently

Longterm? Most guys seriously competing at that height are in the 200-230 range.

Short term? Depends how fat you are and how fat you're comfortable getting.

Im 6'6" and hit 285lbs, and I fucking hated myself. You really have to be sure if getting fat is for you, I thought it was shit but my bench flew up

i remember you from owg but i also remember a guy in owg that was roiding

also i never understood how youre that small while that strong, didnt you squat like 6 plates with sketchy depth in your house or something

>instagram.com/p/BaaeQFOA2kC/
LOL at people not being impressed with this

Looks fine to me tbH. Are you kyphotic?

>link
3x/week isn't high frequency though.

>Has roided in last 2 years
>Thinks is relevant.

if you do oly roiding is a must. Powerlifting is too easy compared to oly. oly is try hard: the sport

Redpill me on sitting good mornings?

Redpill me on reverse hyper (Sheiko). Are they still worth doing without Lui Simmons shill machine? Any alternatives?

I think I might be going insane.

Time just froze for me at 10:36. Every clock, analog and digital, all said 10:36 and they were stuck there for hours.

I woke up, saw the time, 10:36. I fell back asleep, woke up and saw the time, 10:36.
Confused, I got up and had breakfast, and browsed Veeky Forums for what felt like 15 minutes. I then looked at the time, 10:36.

This is when I thought my phone must be busted. I walked around my house and checked every analog and digital clock there was, they all said the same thing, 10:36:30.

None of the clocks were moving.

My heart started racing and I phoned my dad, staring at the clock. I asked him what time it was, and he said 10:38. My clock still said 10:36, I walked into the other room with a different clock and the time was 10:38 and counting, and all other clocks soon said the same thing.

I haven't made this story up. I haven't done any drugs or nothing.
Honestly the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.

BRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRPPFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

that's how I have began my Norman khan for today

It started with a long brap but no actual khan matter has come out yet

BRRFT

Still.. Nothing .. Sadly

Brrrrpft

And..:
Nothing
Although I sense ah yes.. What's this

BFFT BRRPT BRRFT

ALMOSTALMOSY

ALMOST

ABHHHHHNNHHN

PLOOOOP

there we go boys the first Norman khan log has successfully Been put into the toilet

Wow my intestines all of a Sudden feel Funky like this is the onset of something big

OH SHIOOOOY OH SHIIOOIY

yep I just opened the flood gates

A bunch of REALLY STINKY SMELLY
NORMAN KHAN CAME POURING OUT PHEW it was pretty wet too which is prolly why it all slid out so fast

The funky intestine feeling has settled for now

Still feel like I got one or two Norman khans to Dispose of before I flush the toilet..

AHHHHHH ARGGGG COME OOOON COME OOOOOOON

So what did the olympians pre anabolics do?

Can we talk about lifting?

>inb4 ‘nice blog’

so I just squeezed out a really screwed up Norman khan like it was just a mushy stinky smelly pile Of mush and I'm Not sure if that's the last khan that is left or if more are to come

Maybe I'll sit here for another 5 mins and see

What's wrong with you man? Every single day at exact same time.

>get on nuckols' bench 3x int
>smoke through all sets and reps of week1
>fail amrap on day3 (@7 reps).
>smoke through all sets and reps of week2, keeping same max
>fail amrap on day3 (@8 reps).

wtf am i missing something?
im gonna again keep the same max for week3 but is it supposed to be like this? no weekly progress whatsoever ?

they didnt

Script? Then again Sean's got fuckall else other than remembering that one time in 2015 when Sparrow pitied him for a bit, so he could just be making his life about this.

Good, at least we're getting somewhere.

Looks to me like you're making progress weekly. Not as fast as you'd want, but those are still improvements.

too bad u can’t even squat to parallel

do more sets on day 1

you always should tweak things according to your body. Maybe you respond better to higher volume. Try adding a set to the main and backoff set

Nice projection lol

Don't know, I can plow through sets but when it comes to that single amrap I just fail.

>do more sets on day 1
You mean on day 3 after the amrap? Day 1 already has 7 sets.

Slightly, but my upper/mid back is also overdeveloped compared to my lower back, especially the spinal electors.

>Day 1 already has 7 sets.
time to do more, add 2-3 sets

if amrap reps go down means that you didnt recover, in that case add backoff sets do day 3. Trial and error bro

Film your normal bench sets and your AMRAPS. I wouldn't be surprised if your form deteriorates over the set, to the point it affects the AMRAP.

Could the guy just not be used to volume? E.g I did 2 years of TM and never went above 5 reps when I went to the gym with new guys and they wanted to do 10-12 reps I would get so gassed after the first set even though the weight was 10-20% below my working sets. Thankfully doing hepburn for 4 weeks has improved my capacity shitloads.

the fk are you talking about hes literally saying 'plowing through the sets' he has no issues sounds like that day 1 is too easy for him

If he's only done week 1 and 2 of day 1, he's never gone above six reps on it. If he's coming off solely low rep programming and/or uses a hard arch when benching, it wouldn't be that unusual for him to run into issues with longer sets.

im sure this is the case

true, i think im not able to do a long 80% set.
i can probably do 10 shorter 80% sets, but i just cant master one single long 80% set

Might as well move to the high volume imho.

you mean the 3x int high right?

> first day of c6w
> fail first set of squats
> barely manage first set of diddlies
Am I gde now?

For the past 2 weeks I've never spent more than half an hour at the gym at a time.

I've completely lost the spark. Everything is getting weaker. No matter how much coffee I drink, I just have zero energy, and priorities are stacking up on my plate faster than I can do them.

I don't wanna be dyel, but I just can't find any interest in lifting anymore, and I don't know what to do.

Yes.

Nice blog.

Jokes aside, take a break off the gym, sort your life out or have a plan on how to do so and come back in 1-2 weeks.

this is even my first cycle on 3x int med, wanted to try at least 1 or 2 cycles first. i hope there is some progress tho and not a complete failure

are pinkies an inch inside oly markings considered a medium grip?

What is your height, weight, lifts, sleep, protein intake?

What did you do before?
I mean, I'm not going to force you to go to the high volume one. If you want to try another cycle, go ahead.

You need a goal and a training partner.

SS -> nuckols 3x beg -> 3x int med now
my 1rm on bench is 120kg
used to be 125 after a couple of cycles on nuckols 3x beg. then lost it due not going to the gym for 3weeks.

I posted yesterday about my bench but

>6,5,5
>+10lbs
>3,2...
>-5lbs
>...5

How do I know if something is lack of recovery or technical breakdown? This is breakdown right?

Are you a complete novice?

Quit lifting.

If you don't consider lifting an awesome stress relieving part of your day then stop doing it.

Fix your shitty life.

literally even nutjobs like heather connor find relief in working out bpisports.com/blog/how-powerlifting-saved-me-from-myself/

It could be, but it's important to consider all aspects of a problem because if it is his form, it could be a simple almost immediate fix.
Always try to pick the low hanging fruit first - we can tell immediately if it's inefficient form, whereas manipulating volume can take a while to see an affect.

Try a couple of cycles. If it's not working at all, go to the high volume one.

>if it's inefficient form,
but if its inefficient form that deteriorates as the set goes on because its a long set, doesnt that mean that he should just train on long sets and form would become consistent automatically ?

But honestly, listen to first.

This but do beg for a month or two before

Not necessarily, a large proportion of technique issues I see are rooted in setup errors. So in that case the intervention needed would be to clean up the setup. Exposure to longer sets won't help with that.

Let's say over the set user forgets his leg drive or back tightness, and gets looser and looser as the set goes on. Eventually the longer sets will serve as a way to practice holding a good position for more reps just by virtue of continued practice, but the process would be much quicker if he's making a conscious intervention to hold that position. If he never gets told to review his form, he wouldn't know to make the intervention.

how do i maintain scap tightness during bench

i lose it when i press up sometimes

Build a stronger back, especially with rowing