How to get rid of lower back pain?

How to get rid of lower back pain?

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/aches-and-pains
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

crack your back like twice a day what I do is i lie down on my bed face into ur pillow and twist my upper torso in one direction until i hear a long chain of cracking, then repeat in other direction.

Inject steroids to spinal cord.

Simple, just do some neckups every day to take the pressure off

don't do this, I tried it back in 2004 and almost paralyzed myself

snap your spinal cord just above the point of pain
guaranteed you won't feel ANY pain there EVER again

depends what's causing it
best solution I've found is buying a new mattress

Hanging leg raises +reverse hypers for spine deload. Look at Eric Bugenhagen stretching video and do that. If that is not enough do Joedefranco stretching routine on top.

stop performing autism lifts

Use a lacross ball to roll your glute max and med. This is when its caused by your butt muscles sotight that they pull on your back

Most important thing you must realize is that back pain isn't just back pain. There can be many different things causing your back pain. Because of this, one individual's back pain will react completely differently than another individual's. For this reason, don't EVER follow anybody's advice unless you've had a thorough examination first. Because what helped person A can shit all over person B, and vice versa.
These are facts.

This is also why a lot of reseach on low back pain can't seem to find anything that works really well, because they just piled a bunch of people together who were essentially quite different. Pain in the same spot doesn't mean pain for the same reasons.

Here are some things that are universally true:

#1: Temporarily avoid positions that aggravates your pain, so whatever's wrong gets a chance to heal up. Just like if you have a broken arm you wouldn't start every day slamming it into a door frame. Take a systematic approach to finding these position. Bend forward, backwards and to the sides for example, and note what happens.
You may even find some positions alleviate your pain and are good for you.

#2 Stay physically active (without fucking up #1). Trying to rest it out and becoming a shut-in is often what causes pain to become chronic. We need movement. So don't stop your training, but do temporarily skip or at least deload exercises that bother you.

#3 Don't panic. Your body will heal itself if given the chance. Even broken bones heal on their own.

#4 As your pain gets better, ease back into the problematic positions/activities SLOWLY. Your strength level will increase much faster than your nervous system's tolerance to load. So take it easy and be patient.

Just start streching and foam rolling. Its not a meme. I thoughr i had a cronic bad back but i didnt. Over time u will see results. Huge results.

S T R E T C H

Glutes and Ab muscles need to be stronger and more engaged during whatever activity causes the pain

All of you need to shut the fuck up and read I know you're just trying to help, but you're really not helping.

no its literally glutes and abs not strong enough in majority of cases

Don't lift heavy compounds, don't end up with painful bone spurs in your spine.

That shits permanent. Wish someone would have given me this advice.

Just deadlift 4pl8.

Cool, why don't you go tell the World so we can save literally billions of dollars that LBP costs every year. Aw man that's so cool. All physios and doctors can pack up and take a vacation now that you've solved one of the biggest problems of modern society. Man I'm so happy you figured everything out. You must have a 50 years of experience researching though, right?

I mean... You didn't just read that in some dumb blog post, did you?

what are you even talking about?
there are tons of health problems that have well known causes, treatments, prevention and no one is out of a job because of it

Fucking Internet professors, am I right?
Ugh, next time they'll say obesity is easily solvable
Uh oh my kid is getting up, better make him some cereal! It's only 70% sugar by the way!

>he fell for the deadlift/squating meme

deadlift

All right, you got me.

pro tip: you can't, you need to get more musclular and that's it.

You might just have overtrained lower back muscles which needs to recover. You won't mistake a real back injury from muscle soreness.

time travel back to your youth

startingstrength.com/article/aches-and-pains

All anons should read this, should be in the sticky honestly f a m.

don't do those rope pull down ab crunches i fukt my lower back twice doing those well if you do them do them light not the whole stack

Get strong and put on weight and your pains will go away

See a chiropractor.
Don't drink the kool-ade, though; i think the acupuncture stuff is bullshit, but they will crack your back and manually readjust your spine.
Think about it - if your plates aren't all the way aligned on the bar, so you just shake the bar until they are? No, you manually adjust. Same thing with your back.
I have fucked up vertebrae in my lower back that bend sideways, meaning that merely holding weight could cause me tremendous pain. I saw a chiropractor for an aggressive string of treatments and I'm back to lifting. It takes time and it's slow-going, but you'll be happier. Plus, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

>manually readjust your spine.
Except this isn't what actually happens. That's what people used to think 20 years ago. The manipulations the chiropractors perform are really mostly a pain modulating stimulus to your nervous system.
Works well for some things. Works horribly for other things. Very rarely should manual therapy (that includes chiropractic manipulations) stand alone as the only treatment you recieve, but it can be useful in conjunction with exercise for example.

A good chiropractor will explain this to you while an old school chiropractor will give you a poor treatment with a shitty false explanation for it, which can actually make things worse (Google nocebo).

t. Science.

Yesterday while doing squats (SL 5x5) I felt a pain in my lower back mostly on the left side and just above my left hip, tried another set with 20kg less but I figured it was still too much, after that I did Bench Press with no problems and walked home with a minor discomfort but then after sitting with Ice for about and hour my lower back started to hurt more than before, I took some ibuprofen and went to sleep.

Today it still hurts if I do certain movements or if I stay in certain ways what can I do to help recovery? Deload? Skip workouts until better?

I want to clarify that the I feel like the pain is mostly located on my lower left side and not so much on my right side

Don't see a chiropractor see a fucking trainer or a doctor

Basically do less of what hurts and more of what doesn't, and your body will heal on its own accord.
If you discontinue squatting, make sure you ease into it very gradually when you reintroduce the exercise. Also check your form.

I guess I'm not going to squat until it feels right again, maybe a week or more if needed, by "easing into it" do you mean less reps/weight? I was thinking of just lowering the weight as much needed and doing them carefully whenever I start again