Would have the Germans chimped out if they had united all the German speaking area peacefully? Was it even possible?

Would have the Germans chimped out if they had united all the German speaking area peacefully? Was it even possible?

Attached: IMG_20180320_153330.jpg (3030x2845, 3.17M)

no, the population wouldn't have been willing to go to war then

During neither of Germany's chimp-outs was it ever put to a vote among the general population whether they'd be willing to go to war or not.

Well, I don't think the Nazis would have gotten to power in the first place if a German state like OP described existed

>Was it even possible?
All German speaking areas?
Both France, Britain and Austria would not let that happen peacefully. France would never allow a huge united country at unprotected parts of its border (and if you say all German speaking areas, they would have had to give up Alsace-Lorraine peacefully, which I don't see happening).
Britain would not have liked to see another huge power in Europe, as it would disrupt their balance of power ideology and would have been a potential threat to their colonial politic. Britain let the Franco-Prussian war happen, because they didn't think it would turn out that Prussia was militarily so superior. They were dumbfounded by the outcome of that war and not in a good way.
Austria would either have to somehow incorporate their non-German speaking countries into a nation, that was formed with the intention of ethnical unity of Germans (not others) and that would have been the end of Austria's rulership over Eastern Europe. If only German speaking parts of Austria joined, Austria would suddenly be much less powerful compared to Prussia, and they would never peacefully let that happen.

And even if you have that all sorted out, you could not combine ALL German speaking areas. The German speaking areas, especially in Austria-Hungary were spread across the empire, you would either have huge enclaves in potentially hostile areas or not include all German speaking areas. Just look at the spread of Germans in the empire on pic related.

Attached: mChyBUo.jpg (1600x1155, 723K)

No. Germans wanted war and allowing the German-speaking people to unite would have only encouraged them further.

As to whether or not it was possible, I don't know. I think the biggest barrier (as user has pointed out) would be other countries allowing it to happen, so I'd lean towards no.

Why is Veeky Forums so obsessed with germany?

I'm really not sure what difference it would have made.

It's the two world wars, the four huge government changes basically encompassing all political ideologies from the 19th and 20th century within one country (from an empire, to a democracy, to a fascist dictatorship to a communist dictatorship and a democracy to a united democracy) and the current political power.

there wouldn't be half as much of a revanchist sentiment among Germans

This is true, yet there would have been problems on another front.
to unite all German speaking areas would have been a huge disaster for the Germans themselves as well.
The imbalance of Protestant and Catholic Germans already caused multiple problems in the German empire. To have two large powers of different confession (Prussia and Austria) competing over cultural dominance within one country would have lead to massive inner-political instability.

no.

because it (was) a big powerful white nationalist country

Attached: when-you-get-greater-germany-just-right.png (582x615, 353K)

well I assumed we were talking about post-WW1 Germany
but you're right, if such a state should be created during the height of Prussian and Austrian power, one would either need a decisive victory like 1866 (WITH the annexation of the losers' German lands + a defense of this new country against possible foreign intervention)
or a successful revolution that manages to last (unlike the Frankfurt parliament, unfortunately)

Seeing a picture like this really pisses me off.
Whoever made this put political interests way above linguistic ones.
Low German and the Frisian languages are distinct from High German. You can't group them all under one language. That's the case even moreso with Sorbian.

The areas claimed to be "cohesively German language area" in Alsace, Lothringia, Poland, Sudetenland, and even some within the borders of Germany were in reality mixed language areas. The coloring for "German-speaking minorities" and "foreign-language minorities" should have been applied in those places.

Worst of all from a purely historical standpoint is the fact that they use Germany's borders from 1918 to 1939, yet they use the names of the states of the modern-day Federal Republic of Germany POST-1990. That is absolutely inexcusable.

Attached: Continental_West_Germanic_languages.png (1028x1196, 193K)

Attached: deutsche_mundarten.jpg (3551x2866, 1.18M)

Attached: Deutsch-Niederländischer_Sprachraum_(nach_Werner_König).png (2912x2232, 1.91M)

These maps are a better, more accurate representation of the German-speaking areas - better referred to as the Continental West Germanic Dialect Continuum.

Attached: Dialekt-Karte_neu.jpg (825x850, 245K)

It's from a book I have published in 1968 on the second works war

Then how did *you* manage to fuck it up that bad?

Sorry, there should be a comma between have and published.

*smacks lips profusely*
SO HOL UP HOL UP
*pretends to be a country*
SO U BE SAYIN
*attacks all of its neighbours in the 1920's*
SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
*causes serious diplomatic incident in free city of Danzig*
AAAYYYOOO SO U BE SAYIN
*genocides tens of thousands of innocent germans in Versailles corridor*
U BE SAYIN
*massacres ukrainians*
HOL UP HOL UP
*tries to expand to the black sea*
AYYYOO U BE SAYIN
*gets an oil portrait in early 1939 done of himself marching on Berlin*
SO U BE SAYIN
*drinks potato vodka*
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN
*provokes the German Reich tirelessly thinking Britain and France will save its ass when it inevitably goes south*
U BE SAYIN
*blames germans and russians for polish atrocities*
WE SUM FINNA
*harbours the majority of the jewish european ashkenazic population since the early middle ages*
FINNA WE GON BE
*pretends to have a culture*
AYYYOO HOL UP WE GON BE
*claims Hamburg is part of ancient western poland*
SO WE GON BE
*forcibly polonizes national minorities*
SO U SAYIN WE GON BE
*expands like a cancer towards western Germania*
SUM FINNA
*invents post-war germanophobic atrocity propaganda tales*
WE GON BE SUM FINNA
*LARPs about an irrelevant temporary treaty with lithuania*
CHRISSSSSSSSSSSST OF EUROOOOOPEEE
*evolves from eurasian swampland primate*

Attached: dirty dumb polack scum.gif (640x528, 214K)

a bit different german map

Attached: andha1921k047.jpg (2048x1536, 851K)

you forgot
Destroys Prussia forever.
Regains territories stolen by Germans

Attached: andha1914k047a.jpg (2048x2620, 1.84M)

I see
The anachronisms are still extremely weird and render the map useless.
Too bad it's unreadable.
Still no distinction between Low/High German and Polish/Kashubian

>*tries to expand to the black sea*
Not sure why but this one really got me. Le Intermarium is worse than GroBgermaniums honestly.

t. Shitlesian

They did that by 1940 though aside from Switzerland, but instead of stopping there, they occupied France, Poland, Benelux, Norway and Denmark and continued to fightaggressive wars in Yugoslavia, Greece and USSR.

Yeah it didn't exactly help that England was at war with Germany and that that the Nazis were in charge

>krauts
>white
Mate...

Check their plans for I WW. It not that far away and they have most of their lands and people.

>Germans
>White
Bruh.

>being this much buttblasted
stay mad silesinigger. nordic race is blacked af.

Attached: 1520816832648.jpg (760x571, 41K)

we need more of these

Attached: purify.gif (352x240, 1.18M)

Attached: takingoutthetrash.gif (480x270, 463K)

without frogs

Attached: mustardraec.jpg (1031x1314, 1.33M)

>teutons
>white
friend...

>Hitler was a good leader
>Single-handledly undid 800 years of eastward German colonisation
lol pretend I attached a picture of a smug anime girl

The Second Reich DID have an elected parliament, and they were in favor of war.

Yes and yes. See WW2 for the complete story.