23 years old and want to take up boxing

23 years old and want to take up boxing

is it too late do dominate the amatuers? I really do think I'd be good at boxing

any advice Veeky Forums? I'm nervous as fuck to go to a boxing gym

m8 go to a boxing gym and find out
the crabsinabucket faggots on this board are only going to try to bring you down as much as they can and you seem like a mental faggot so you'll let them do it

Didn’t you post yesterday about Mau Thai?

How about you stop being a little faggot and start training instead of asking anonymous cunts for validation?

He realized mau thai is a meme and is looking for the real deal

>a more violent and bloodied version of boxing is a meme
Bro if a boxer and a Thai boxer got in the ring and they both had the same amount of time invested in the their respective sport, each allowed to use their full kit, the Thai fighter will take chunks of the boxers skin off. A boxer has no idea what to do in a clinch since the ref saves them in their sport when it happens. Thai fighters can trip you sweep you and hold you for some deadly elbow action

It's call the 8limb blood sport for a reason

You forgot about the werewolf claws built into the boxer's gloves.

>is it too late do dominate the amatuers?
yes but if you're a natural you never know.

I've seen two fights go down irl with the autistic MT fighters against someone mediocre in boxing. Both MT fighters were my "friends" I consider them associates, always noticed something off about them they rated themselves higher than what they were in the food chain. Anyways, down town riverside California, I saw dudes put hands on them because their kicks were way too slow in a street fight + how volatile and uncontrolled the situation was. My point? Your hands get from point A to point B a lot faster/they're more versatile/they let you finish fights faster. KO'ed opponent = no opponent.

While I do agree to an extent I wouldn't say boxers have no tools to utilise in a clinch. Just not as many as a thai boxer.

Best time is to start when you're a kid
second best time to start is today

Boxing is good fun, excellent for cardio, and you get proficient quickly.
You’re never gonna go pro starting at 23, but you could have a coupl amateur or semi pro fights. Me and my friend started at 19, he dropped it for a while and strarted it up about 3 month ago. He can now hold his own against most of the gym and he’s having a semi pro fight in November. Boxing lads are a good laugh when you get to know them too. No ninja warrior autism like you'll find in BJJ or muay Thai.
Inb4 butthurt ninja warriors

>any advice

Yea... don't

Beta soyboy have a bad time in the mean punchy place? :(

Sorry man, but you're always going to have a masssssive disadvantage at any competitive level because ull be up against people who have been doing it since they were kids. For many recreational sports, this isn't an issue, but in boxing it could be very hazardous to your health.

Still, if u take it up ull be a better boxer than most of the population, so I dunno do what the fuck u wanna do

You kniow there's some Cubans ripping apart Thais right now, right?

MT has shit hands since punches don't give points. The kicks are too slow in a real fight. Only thing they have is the clinch.

Fuck the naysayers. Find a good gym with a good coach. If he's a good coach he won't let you compete until you are ready so slim chance of you getting brain damage.

In my gym a few years back a 27-year-old walked in never boxed a day in his life and two years later won his first two pro fights.

Oh don't even talk about the actual sport, it's a complete joke. It's usually rigged to. You don't earn points with his which is completely retarded. It's legit based on the refs choice.
Depends on who you are as well. I've been in two street fights, one I utilized a low kick twice and I know that sht won me the fight. He fucked right off, we traded, he jabbed my forehead and I low kicked him in the quad. He walked off
Second time I threw only one forward kick on the guys hip and I think that really surprised him cause I was able to get a power cross in on his chest right after. We traded a lot of blows, overall fighting is just not worth it. Idk if either of us really won that fight we both backed off mutually, he really fucked me up but he looked just as bad

The best boxer < The best Muay Thai figheter < The best jiujitsu fighter. We know this, we have had 20 years of MMA fighting to prove this. I dont understand why people still think theres any real debate anymore. The best is a mix of all types of fighting styles.

lol

The more rounded the individual the better the fighter. There are people with dozens of tools mastered under their belt. If you actually studied a decent strike art and a grapple for a few years each, their really isn't many normie she that could fight you. Now professionals is a grey area cause the guy with more tools at his disposal always gets cycled cause the uninitiated guy is a cuck boy so the rules are trailered to the baby faggot

Mobile posting btw. Enjoy that auto corrected disaster

MMA guys hold their own against the best of the best in Jiu Jutsu tournaments. MMA guys get destroyed by 40 yr old men in boxing.

Not OP, but bumping
I don't ever plan to compete hard, I'd just like to pick it up after I hit my target weight- seems like good cardio

I noticed this too. I think that's because mma guys have access to elite jiu-jitsu and catch wrestlers to train them. Outside of GSP no mma fighter gets trained by elite boxing coaches like Freddie roach or Abel Sanchez.