>deadlifts are completely safe if done with proper form

>implying this isn't true

>falling for deadlift meme
You deserved it

it isn't true, because not all injuries are acute injuries from form breakdown

overuse injuries are a thing

Here goes the big one:
>S I P S
I became dependent on the fucking thing to have a working brain.

I am novice dyel. I treat deadlifts as if it's a vertical rowing machine. I use the same knee/shoulder/back flow as if I row. Try it

>I am novice dyel
>take my completely retarded advice on how to perform an exercise

People who say natty lifting is a waste of time are usual lazy DYELs

Zero. I don't listen to a thing you dumb fucks say.

> OHP is all you need for big shoulders

getting your OHP to 225+ will do more far more for your shoulder gains than any amount of "slow and controlled" side raises will

> Strength = aesthetics

for naturals, yes, strength level is an incredibly huge key part in aesthetics. anyone who debates this is a moron.

>Over training

over training is a real medical condition that doctors can diagnose you with, not a meme.

>Natty lifting is a waste of time

it is if you're one of the idiots who never built a strength base "because strength=aesthetics is a meme xD" and just did pump work on cookie cutter bro splits and never put any real effort into getting stronger in all rep ranges, only focused on chest, lats, arms, quads. Instead of training the the body parts that ACTUALLY make you look bigger (shoulders, traps, neck, upper back, glutes, forearms) they neglected traps because "it makes you look narrow", then i could see why it would be a waste of time

its also a waste of time if you're insecure to the point that you get your self worth out of how good your physique looks and constantly compare yourself to "natty" lifters on grams of gear. normal people with well-adjusted stable minds and self confidence lift for fun, look fine, and are healthy

>Start doing high rep lat raises
>Shoulders blow up

Really makes you think

>shoulder/back flow as if I row
Holy shit, you are more retarded than this machine.

>lats are a waste of time

For real is there any point in big lats if you're not a bodybuilder? Big lats look stupid on the average Joe and nobody will ever see them anyway. Big traps/rhomboids is what it's all about

Veeky Forums memes you fell for
>Lifting will get me laid
Dating and hooking up is harder now that im fit

>tfw felt for the manlet meme

>OHP is all you need for big shoulders
well what else should i do for them?

the cool thing tho is that when you train the upper back through snatch grip rows etc, the lats still get activated to an extent.

lat training won't give you a good upper back but upper back training will give you good lats

underhand wide grip barbell rows

rear delt swings

z-press

lateral raises

>snatch grip row

Well I know what I'm doing for back tomorrow. Sounds sick.

bradford press

switching all pulls to snatch or semi-snatch grip overloads the upper back like crazy.

rack pulls below the knee with a snatch grip >

>Comound lifts are all you need for arms
>brb snowman arms

fuck I've been doing this for three weeks now. My Biceps hurt like a motherfucker if I train them and the pain ends up hindering my lifts like bench and DL. What should I do?

Why do people complain about this, you can sort that out in 6 weeks

Train biceps more frequently with less volume. 3 hard sets 3x a week, vary rep range 8-30

And make sure you balance it out with twice as much tricep work

>underhand wide grip barbell rows
What the fuck. How does it even work?

getting your OHP to 225+ will do more far more for your shoulder gains than any amount of "slow and controlled" side raises will

fucking hell i hate answers like this. do you think most people here who are just trying to get aesthetic have the patience to get their OHP to 225 lbs you fucking autist?

its easier for them to just do lat raises, fuck you

it's also called a "rear delt row"
you can use an adjustable bench with one setting up from flat or just in a pendlay position.

but basically just grab the barbell with an underhand grip and try to get a COMFORTABLE wide grip, every one is different, but personally i find having my middle finers on the rings is best.

now just row it up to your upper abs and squeeze at the top for 2 seconds then lower it. this is a great movement for rear delts.

Yep same goes for people who say if you can chin up bw+135 and bench press 350 you'll have decent arms, no shit but that could take some people a lifetime

t. fat "powerlifter"

Thanks for explanation I'll give it a try. You sound like expert. Can you suggest me some great exercises for traps or neck?

>fucking hell i hate answers like this. do you think most people here who are just trying to get aesthetic have the patience to get their OHP to 225 lbs you fucking autist?
>its easier for them to just do lat raises, fuck you

they don't have the patience to do OHP, a lift that is much easier to improve progress on and much more effective, but they have the patience to do lat raises, a lift that is incredibly more difficult to make progress on and isn't as effective? lol. most naturals won't get shit out of lateral raises. rear delts should be the priority.

>le fat powerlifter meme xD
what in that post was factually wrong?

>That we're all gonna make it

an underrated shrug variation is overhead shrugs. much healthier for the shoulders and scapula and will help your OHP.
other than that just pick a rep range for normal strict shrugs and progress the weight on it for a while, switch the rep range up now and then, can also try power shrugs, snatch grip rack pulls with static holds, snatch grip shrugs, behind the back shrugs, farmers walks...

for neck, neck curls with your head hanging off a bench and a plate, neck extensions with a plate or with a head harness, you can do side neck raises if you want but don't do them with any added weight, real easy to fuck up your neck that way.

That would be fun if my ohp actually progressed

Thank you!

no worries brotha, make those gains

B-but a clean diet and heavy lifting did cure my depression!

>natty lifting is a waste of time (if you believe otherwise you're probably watching too many fitness YouTube channels which have artificially inflated your standards to silly proportions)
>shrugs are better than power shrugs
>isolations are a waste of time
>you have to choose between being aesthetic and being strong

Why?

power shrugs are the only trap lift worth doing, I'm convinced. Loads in a excess of 200kg with those will absolutely kill them. I do snatch grip followed by shoulder width grip.

How the fuck did you fall for a meme that is clearly ironic.

A press of over 2plate is fucking difficult to get to, however.

>Pretty much listening to anything Jason Blaha ever said

Except 5x5 training. Love it.

>OHP is all you need for big shoulders
Bad genes if you think this is a meme
>>Over training
>>Natty lifting isn't a waste of time
Oh I see. You're just a fucking dyel who doesn't know how to train.

you don't overhead press 225 though, you're some DYEL geek theorycrafting

OHP is a front delt dominated exercise, do your side raises for optimal side delt development like literally everyone with nice side delts

Truth

ive done 240 at 230 bodyweight. best recently was 215 for a double at 190. Build the cake, ice it later. No ones arguing against side raises, but to say they're the end all be all of shoulder training or more effective than presses is delusional. Rear delts are more important anyway

The point is press more, focus on it, And get better at it. My shoulders didnt start coming out until I started pressing 3x a week with multiple variations

what the fack is going on there

>you HAVE to squat

This isn't a meme. Unless you're injured you're just embarrassing yourself anytime you admit you don't squat.

youtube.com/watch?v=MFwjR664ISQ

actually ...kinda looks like kinda great

Being fit would end my loneliness.
Not nobody talks to me and I have to initiate everything.

How the fuck do you even increase your The Press? All my lifts increase fine but my OHP won't budge no matter what I do.

I've seen far better delt gains with side and rear laterals, face pulls and snatch presses than I ever have with standard OHP

>build the cake, ice it later
no, that's fucking retarded because it implies that doing side raises somehow prevents you from overhead pressing, if you wait until you have a 225 overhead press (which is never for about 95% of the people who step foot in a gym) to start doing direct side delt work you will have missed out on years of growth

do your compound pressing which will cover your front delts (because that's what the overhead press actually hits effectively), and then you do your side raises and face pulls and rear delt raises

stop trying to meme yourself and impressionable newfags into thinking everything can be accomplished with minimalist compounds only nonsense, when 99% of people with great side delts have been hitting them with high volume isolation for years

Up the frequency and volume and do multiple variations

Z-press is super effective for smashing ohp plateaus