Do you hit your 10,000 goal every day?

Do you hit your 10,000 goal every day?
Why do you think it is ridiculous and arbitrary like the 3lt water/day guideline?
Are the doctors shills of the shoe industry?

that's a nice setup

i wish i had that room and setup. i love sunlight

BUMP

It's what human are the best at , 10K step should hardly take you more than 1h20 & is a good way to keep everything healthy & well functioning in your body , someone who clock 10k steps a day is way more physicaly active than an SS victim who lift 3x a week and spend the rest of his time shitposting on fit

I love the "steps" fad. It's funny that normies would rather buy a gay little device that convinces them that them walking around the mall for a couple hours is a sign of them doing good exercise than actually put some effort in.
Why do they do this?

Nah.
Most people don't even try for it or know how unbelievably healthy it actually is.
They think fitness = running a marathon killing themselves in a gym and looking like a gear headed male/female fitness model.
Just walking 10,000 steps a day and eating moderately and drinking only water will heal a lot of things and make them feel better.

The real question is, what kind of pedometer app or phone with a pedometer built in do they use.

Effort in the gym =/= particularly healthy.
It's just a measure of how much you're willing to do to yourself ot reach an arbitrary goal that you'll never be able to maintain or even know how to maintain even if you were able to reach it before snapping yourself up.

this is pointless. Keeping a healthy diet is much more effective.

Better than doing nothing, but I don't use any form of thing that counts anything. I think counting to a specific goal slows me down, I just do it until I'm tired or I run out of time.

Nice meme gaylord, walking around isn't sufficiant exercise for a healthy adult

depends on the definition of fitness. Some people define it as high strength, some people define it as good cardiovascular system, some define it as good physique, etc.

This amount of activity along with a good diet is a good way to improve cardiovascular system and keep every cell of your body well maintained.

I have a nokia windows phone and its built-in meter is extremely accurate. The exact time i make every 10th step, it registers it correctly.
Also, I've found that brisk walking gives me a better mood that lasts throughout the day compared to lifting

>tfw 2 gals of water + gomad per day

>no set or rep scheme

how do you monitor progress then?

>i wish i had that room and setup. i love sunlight
Plenty of sunlight is literally the only reason i haven't killed myself yet. It makes you 10x happier and productive too

>nearly 8L of water and 4L of milk per day

holy shit, how are your kidneys doing? Extremely curious if this is not troll

This , Vitamin D sup are a meme , too much people believe that they don't need sun because they get muh vitamin D , I have absolutely no proof and it's only anecdotal but I feel way better since I've started going outside shirtless more

keeping a healthy diet is good
but keeping active is vital
simply walking and some basic stretching to keep you limber and somewhat toned(yes this is a real medical defintion of the word)is the bare minimum.
If you want to be better then the average person then a good diet, a purposeful one hour walk a day, basic calisthenics, and simple stretching will keep you healthy and perfectly fit.

Approach exercise and stretching and basic fitness as not just something to get better at but as something to make you better.
See it as a way to make yourself better for day to day life. As a way to workout the kinks and pains and self diagnose any physical problems that you need to work on or help with.

That is what fitness is.

Anything more is pointless egotism.

Why do you need to monitor progress?

I just want to state that you don't actually get vitamin D from sunlight. The precursor to vitamin D can be obtained from fish and eggs which gets deposited into your skin and then converted into vitamin D when sunlight makes contact with your skin.
But do whatever makes you happy

to achieve your fitness goals......... Otherwise you are just hoping for good results

I didn't say anything related to that , I just believe that regardless of vitamin D you NEED sun , you need to bath in sun as much as possible , be outside shirtless

So yeah.
They're correct but you want to be a pedantic cunt about it so that you can seem smart but not actually be able to prove them wrong.
Good on you.

Because otherwise you have no idea if you're ever improving, or whether the rate that you're improving is painfully slow compared to what it could be.

Efficiency and Optimization, user!

>this is what fitness is

thats your definition of fitness. If you want better cardio in order to maintain all your tissues at a normal level, then do this. If you want to increase cardiac output, you are going to have to put in more effort in cardio exercises.

I used to train cardio due to the physical activity i was involved with but now my fitness goal is to increase strength.

>dont educate me you pedantic cunt

yeah, okay. Keep believing that salt decreases boiling point of water

I'm a cleaner at the local YMCA and I walk 15 thousand steps a night on average. Kills my feet though.

you are the type of person who never gets better and just stays the same

I;m fine thank you. never even flush the toilet when i piss. milk is good. forgot my face

>never even flush the toilet when i piss

yeah, thats probably because your piss is basically water with very little waste

An actual intelligent comment on Veeky Forums.
Never thought I'd see that. Bless you mate.

>Efficiency and Optimization, user!
Who cares?

They aren't in a race against time or need to ego boost to keep going like a kid who needs a new stimulation.

>thats your definition of fitness. If you want better cardio in order to maintain all your tissues at a normal level, then do this. If you want to increase cardiac output, you are going to have to put in more effort in cardio exercises.
>I used to train cardio due to the physical activity i was involved with but now my fitness goal is to increase strength.

This is fitness for health, not fitness for hobby athleticism.
Don't get the two confused.

Any college bros here? I hit 13k a day without making an effort and do zero cardio, but when I'm home for break I average like 6k if I don't make an effort to go on walks and the like

Yes

> without making an effort
Figuratively How? Is everything so spread apart?

I do both lmao
I average about 12k steps a day which is super easy just doing a retail job on my feet, some days I do some cardio on my elliptical cross trainer which adds a few thousand steps.

I work a physical job and easily do that, if not double. I still think it's kind of dumb and I wouldn't walk around that much if I had to. The 3lt a day water thing isn't a scam though, try it and see how much better you feel