Stop saying we are all going to make it. No, that is false, most of us will fail, few shall succeed...

Stop saying we are all going to make it. No, that is false, most of us will fail, few shall succeed, and you will feel envious of those who succeeded, those of you who failed. Stop giving this positive reinforcement, instead assume everyday that you will fail. That today is the day where everything goes wrong, you will die, you will lose all your gains maliciously, your energy and all of your possessions. Say instead, no one is going to make, especially not you, every day you wake up. That way you expect the worse. No one is going to make it.

We're all gonna make it brah

You have to believe in yourself if you are going to make it anywhere in life you pessimistic asshat, even if it takes a while for you to get to that point you have to believe in yourself or in someone that believes in you.

You seem not to understand. By telling yourself you are going to make it you hold yourself to some standard of success. By expecting failure each day you make progress you will be incredibly joyfull.

Understand that your willpower is your own, you can control your thoughts and impulses. But your body is not in your control, expecting gains everyday is unhealthy. Saying we are going to make it is unhealthy, you are assuming you will achieve some sort of success. Instead prepare yourself for the worst, that way you appreciate what comes.

Were all gonna make it bro

lol I still don't believe in myself. I've been lifting for 5 years and getting women is much easier and I notice the attention I get from them. Just seems surreal most of the time. I've had coworkers who are envious of the attention I get from female customers and had female coworkers hit on me. I still look like shit though. I know if I posted a pic on fit everyone would say I look like garbage.

I just want to truly make it. I want to be happy with what I see in the mirror.

1/2/3/4 at 5'10 200lbs

I feel like that's an excuse to not have hope for the future, at least thats what it meant to me when I earnestly believed that.

Believing in yourself should be something everyone is capable of. Most likely though you wrap around believing in yourself, to believing that you can effect the world around you, or change your body. Understand that these things are not up to you, all you have control over is everything in your own doing. These are your thoughts, impulses and the will to get and the will to avoid. You can always believe in yourself about these things because these are things you have direct control over, how could you not. Although most people now wrap believing in yourself to achieve some external goal which is not in your control, stop this! Stop expecting things which are not in your control, this is foolish. Instead expect the worst, and appreciate whatever fate decides.

I remember when I read meditations for the first time. I'm glad you're gung-ho about your new philosophy, but it's more complicated than consciously choosing to be content regardless of circumstances. Real contentment in the face of failure comes from something deeper than consciousness.

You see you're just typing "we're not gonna make it" instead of "we're gonna make it," but the intention behind your words is the same. You only say "we're not going to make it" because you think that will give you the willpower to make it. But then have you really detached? No, you've just attached to detachment, trying to replicate the state of authentic detachment that really matters.

So yeah kind of a paradox we find ourselves in. This is where the Christian concept of Grace comes in: some people authentically detach from life, but nobody really knows how it's done. It's something like a gift from God.

Good start though

What is hope for the future, why is it inherently good? Yes I agree that this is not having hope for the future, as it is expecting the worst outcomes. By having hope, or faith in things you can't control it will only perturb you when they do not go as you hoped.

By expecting the best, you will be disappointed when things do not go as you hoped. But without hope and expecting the worst you will be joyful as you expected the worst, but those expectation did not come true. In the case of the worse you will be indifferent as you already prepared yourself mentally for this.

>These are your thoughts

Even then your conscious is one little part of your brain that's easily swayed by the others. All of the senses your brain makes judgements on can be deceived. Honestly we have less control over our minds than we like to admit

That is are battle cry
You see most who set foot in a gym never go back again or have no clue what their doing so we already are the few
Also use motivating each other to strive for self improvement is the best part of Veeky Forums
You ever read the books /sig/ recommends?

Our*

OP, you'll never make it if you keep on smoking your filename

No if i tell my self i will make it and i fail, i will feel like shit witch in turn will make me feel like a failure, and i hate nothing more then feeling like i've failed and i will go back and work twice as hard and if i fail i will work trice as hard and i will keep working harder until i succeed.If i tell my self i will fail then whats the point of doing anything.But if you say you will succeed and you fail say it is because you didn't work hard enough not that you fail every day.

Shit logic neckurself senpai

I have wide hips and 4 inch dick but I still believe in myself for at least 1 year...I'm gonna try to make it if I don't see any result in 1 year...then.....

Why bother with this delusional absolutism to begin with? Why not be honest and say you May succeed or you May fail for all you know. What matters is how you adjust to the outcome.

You common cry of dyels!
Whose breath I hate as reek o' the protein farts,
whose miring I prize as the dangling balls of unclothed old men that do corrupt my lockeroom
I banish YOU
And here remain with your envy

fuck you too
life has always been a struggle; be it against nature, society, or even one's self. If i have to struggle against god i say bring it fucker

Because i am that type of mentality, in my language there is a thing called Inat/Prokositi look it up but it's essentially something you do that people tell you not to do.So i can go in inat to myself if i say i will fall it just gives me more motivation to succeed and do what i want to do.It has worked for me thus far and got me out of some fucking up times in my life.

>god

Villain, does thou even Shakespeare?

I have begun failing

I am expecting to lose my job of over 125k salaried and I'm expecting to lose it all

I guess I've become a broken man somehow, company is paying for a training program with other compaines and its been months I haven't done shit

I haven't studied or done anything, I get it now, I spend months on discord looking for a quick dopamine release but my actual job and my life does not matter anymore. I spend hours a day just sitting in front of a screen, I have stopped going to the gym

>I'm a guy who achieved something most will never achieve. I have traveled and partied with business people in multiple states

I'm prepared to lose it all

yeah but i don't belive in faries like mid summer's night dream so my fate being planned is also false
i make my own path in life, i lay the bricks i walk upon

You envision yourself succeeding for the same reason you look where you're driving.

the parodied quote was from Corilanus, I think you'd like it
It's about a man not wanting to do what people tell him

oooohhhh