Sulforaphane Blocks myostatin

Okay so i've done a bit of research since i found out that sulforaphane apparently helps inhibit myostatin. I ordered a bottle of some random ass brand which i havent got yet, but apparently its gonna be bunk. People are saying that theres only one provider with active sulforaphane in their product it's called Enduracell in australia.

But it's pricey as ****, I'm willing to give it a go tho, if it's legit then this is big

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G_FWfKbyiZs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfection
nature.com/articles/natrevmats201756/tables/2
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRISPR
pnas.org/content/104/6/1835.long
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3528693/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you thought about eating broccoli?

wouldnt work and youd need to eat 40 pounds a day

Can you show us this 'research' that sulforaphane blocks myostatin in vivo, and has a high enough bioavailability to be relevant at all?

idk what in vivo means and i made this thread to get your input not to defend something i dont know much about, i want your knowledge on the subject

he is not telling you to defend anything. He is telling you to present your research because he is curious himself. Your first sentence even states you did research which means you have some kind of data.
Also, in vivo means experiments done on living organisms or just cells under a controlled setting

just buy sterons already

Myostatin isnt safe. Your heart will grow aswell. Wait until they manage to edit it to avoid heart growth.

>Thoughts?
Yea three words buddy
Dr. Rhonda Patrick

he can use google cant he?

myostatin is a gene, unless you are born with a myostatin mutation, it's not going to do anything except for draining your wallet straight into the pocket of scammers. The keyword is 'genes', no amount of medication, chemicals or herbs are going to change your genes and you cannot inhibit your genes with 'inhibitors'. Do you honestly think all these bodybuilders would slowly kill themselves through massive amounts of steroids, shrinking their balls and destroying their organs, if they could just, simply, easily get rid of their myostatin instead and have the same desired effect?

youtube.com/watch?v=G_FWfKbyiZs

So can you

>i've done a bit of research on this topic

he is asking you to share your research! You don't even ahve to post up a link, just the title of the research article. This makes me wonder if you even actually did any research or am just going off reviews of the product

1. Everyone has myostatin
2. Genes and their activation do change all the time
3. Medication to change genes is being developed and actually works.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin

>Myostatin levels are effectively decreased by creatine supplementation.[43]

>medication to change genes is being developed and actually works

what? There is medication out there that goes into every single cell of your body and splices your DNA?

try sprouting broc seeds
see Dr Rhonda Patrick's sprouting vids

I don't think you understand what genes are, you cannot change them. You can not change your genes. If your genes do actually change and don't just get assblasted by your immune system, then the result is commonly known as cancer. If you would change your myostatin gene (changing your DNA is not a smart idea), your immune system attempts to destroy the mutation. You would have to simultaneously change every myostatin gene in your entire body, in every single cell while also simultaneously telling your entire immune system not to attack the mutated cells. It doesn't work in this day and age. You have to be born with this mutation, or it simply doesn't work. I knew Veeky Forums was filled with brainlets, but holy shit, there are limits. I'll repeat it again, you can't fucking change your genetics, it just doesn't work. Not in this day and age.

It's not about the size, but the strength

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfection

this only states whats happening, not the actual medication that purposefully gives you mutations.

You know what else can change genes? High intensity radiation, such as standing in front of an X-ray for 5 hours. Or sticking your head in a microwave and turning it on.

Its an inhibitor retard

>sticking your head in a microwave and turning it on.
How exactly would you achieve this?

modify the microwave to be turn on without closing the door or just break half of the microwave door off to keep it open while leaving the latching part intact.

nature.com/articles/natrevmats201756/tables/2

>influencing mRNA

look up central dogma of biology. You still aren't mutating DNA

>left
>natty lifting, perfect diet, ideal genetics and 5 years of progress
>right
>subpar genetics, but is blasting and cruising on 5x5 brosplit. Eats whatever he wants and still gets huge
Natty cucks BTFO

>listening to anything with joe rogan

this is how I know you are a pseudointellectual faggot

Go on r/nootropics. They are crazy about it. Dr Ronda has good videos on it.

You need to eat broccoli sprouts at a specific temperature.

OR just each broccoli sprouting seeds

He didn't say Joe Rogan you moron

>unironically recommending rogan and reddit
lmoa

nootropics are mostly dogshit

What’s wrong with listening to joe Rogan except that he panders to the alt right?

>that he panders to the alt right?
thats not true baiting idiot, but he is very stupid and he says dumb shit all the time to try and one up his actual smart guests

just because the word has more than 2 syllables and sounds vaguely technical, doesn't automatically mean the person using it is right. Myostatin inhibitors are scams, and if you pay for this shady shit, you are being scammed. Using technical words to sound more credible is something scammers do. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or offend you with any of this, but I'm legit trying to keep these brainlet Veeky Forumsizens from being scammed. I like this board and the people on it, and I don't want them to fall for shitty scams.

he's good for exposure to his legit guests but it's best to find critical opinions of those guests to determine if they're quacks or not. He's GREAT for comedy and fight related subjects

This is incorrect genetics are modular in their expression. That being said your body can and will counteract temporary inhibitors and does so on a very small time scale - minutes - depending on the gene ( see mRNA for a bit more details ). I will look into this

I aint saying it works but niggas start bullshitting about genes and shit when its obviously an inhibitor op is talking about

You can edit genes big boi

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRISPR

He does pander hard to the alt right thou. He never shuts the fuck up about SJWs while bringing alt right guests like alex jones, Gavin Mcginnes , Stephen crowdershit , Milo and Dave Rubin

we're talking about genes because myostatin is a gene ->A myostatin inhibitor would be a gene inhibitor -> You can't inhibit your genes.

So quick fact check although most of the data is from mice blocking myostatin is probably not great for you, it appears directly related to how your body controls muscle-bone tissue connective tissue, and muscles grown eithout myostatin are significantly weaker by mass (literal bloat)

If you are hitting a plateau it might be worthwhile but it is not a general everyday sup

Interesting to note that créatine does affect and inhibit myostatin

>CRISPR
Luckily for you I know about CRISPR, I also know that you can only make changes with it to not-yet-conceived human beings aka. you have to be born with mutated DNA for it to work, it doesn't work on people that just want to get buff without having to lift. CRISPR only confirms what I've been rabidly shouting at you brainlets: YOU HAVE TO BE BORN WITH IT, that is the only, ONLY way to edit genetics. You cannot change DNA after the sperm has fertilized the egg cell, the immune system will attack these changed cells.

inhibiting genes just means inhibiting the transcription factors that operate on that gene, you're just blocking the expression of that gene. either way the biomolecular mechanisms of myostatin still aren't completely understood so it would be a gamble

>what is genetic expression

OK dunno since KO is not the same as inhibiting it is hard to say, but if you did supp with it you'd only want to temporarily use it. Timing window would probably be whenever myostatin usually kicks into its peak (you'd want the low end affects of myostatin to guard against any dysregulation). So maybe eat those semi warmed seeds that you've gentley and carefully rubbed against your nipples (technical activation) a half hour or so after work out (specific volume of sulf is high and will enter your blood stream quick). Promoting type iib muscle fibre which promotes more energy storage inside muscle cells and results in commensurately lower adipose tissue (body wide which is pretty insane). More type iib seems to promote quicker energy metabolism, which means more mitochondria which means better MTDNA regulation (one of the new mega-buzzword biomarkers related to VO2).

Fitizens this has potential given how well sulf survives first pass, e-dose, and how resistant you become to it. Anyone know pharmacology?

Not too much of a gamble since knockout mice suffered less from autoimmune related bone loss, and they didn't die or have catastrophic issues. Looks like it drastically changes their body compositions (you definitely want a healthy potion of red muscle, so you want some myostatin) but increasing the portion of type iib has been a holy grail for a long time in OLY hadn't it?

You are literally mentally handicaped brah, gotta make those encephalic mass gains.

Ahh what does that doctor say about sprouts? They seem excessive dose wise as bioactivity was mediated at something approaching 100g of brocoli provided you've heated it up for a ~minute

Examine has gotten godlike in so impressed and jelly

cells under physiological conditions

gene therapy, the aids virus injects its dna into your cells to produce more aids virons, which infect, and inject into other cells dna, a retro virus i think is the term, works like that i think, not a biologist, just undergrad chem

myostatin doesn't just promote hypertrophy, it's a mediator of many other myophysiological mechanisms

isnt myostatin just the genetic limit, so its not really worth taking unless you're already a mass monster who wants more?

Most commonly it's inhibiting the protein floating around already and preventing myostatin' precursor from undergoing auto lytic cleavage, dimerising and therein become an 'active' growth signal, but yeah basically what this post says

The whole point of a growth factor or signal like myostatin is to affect/modulate a bunch of genes via transcription factor recruitment or disassembly from the genes (transcription factors sit on initiation sites and recruit polymerase which 'activates' the gene by affording it the ability to produce mRNA, which is translated into protein provided it reaches a critical concentration dependent on the amount of active ribosomes, aas, temperature and stress factors)

>conveniently forgetting all the SJWs that he had on the show

So we can make rat ogres now?

>genetic expression
I don't think that means, what you think it means.

It doesn't seem to 'promote hypertrophy' at all, it naturally inhibits muscle fibre production (seems like it's to coordinate appropriate osteoblasts and connective tissue growth/repair).

Again, mice survived with NO myostatin, so it isn't a super critical element in mice, but given I haven't read any human tissue culture studies i guess there's some risk, but that's exactly why you stay away from sprouts

You don't need to fucking megadose

You always have some myostatin in your body, and it is activated by a variety of signalling factors so it probably mediates steady-states in muscle maintenance. That being said you can probably live without it. Every time you work out it will be invoked during the repair / growth cycle

"Despite the increased muscle bulk in the myostatin-deficient animals, maximal Po was similar to that of wild-type mice of the same genetic background (P = 0.189; Table 1; Fig. 1 c and e). Moreover, when maximal Po was normalized for muscle weight (specific force), we found that Mstn−/− male mice generated only 53% of the force developed by wild-type animals (P < 0.001"

At best myostatin inhibition via a laboratory created propeptide was the only method That the paper saw specific force comparable to wild type/non-supp fag mice

Whet you get this?

11-57 mg for a 250lb person

Broccoli (44-171mg/100g dry weight[3])

I don't have any idea why this is unreasonable. When I was vegan I ate sometimes ate around 300 g of brocoli twice a day

So eating 200g of broccoli a day will help me inhibit myostatin?

I haven't looked at first pass and half life so I could be wrong but it looms like just 100 g of brocoli is bioactive, which is like what 1 big stalk? That's 1 out of 2-3 sides for 1 meal. If you buy the seeds don't take them daily; I reiterate don't hit this shit all the time, you create weaker fibers which are harder to rescuttle (breakdown and reform)

holy shit this guy is retarded

but thats not medication. Who the fuck would want to have a retro virus as medication?

still, 100g of broccoli a day will be pricey unless i eat it for dinner every day

Could be fun to try and see if it works

Broccoli Sprouts, throw that shit in a smoothie. So much sulforphane

eat broccoli sprouts, they contain lots of sulforaphane

im currently broccolimaxxing myself, im on sprouts 24/7

Imagine if all of evidence based medicine was carried out in the same way

>I have drug X which treats Y
>Results please?
>USE FKING GOOGLE RETARD

Do you take creatine too? it also inhibits myostatin.

>Veeky Forumss understanding on molecular biology

Genes aren't easy to understand unless you have put in serious time and effort.

This thread is like the "I understand quantum physics from Wikipedia" meme

The Clan! The Clan!

everyone above me should kill themselves

This is idiotic. You're taking a drug with very little research done on it to grow bigger muscles. You could fuckup your heart or anything really, we just don't know. You don't even know if it's gonna work.

For not that much money you could run a steroid cycle. A basic cycle is something we know will work and we have decades of research on so you know what you're getting into.

not yet

Gotta eat big to get big, CMON

Mate, do you know how much 100g is?

>Microwaves
>Changing genes
Look up ionization energy

oh shit nigger, time to go fuckin hard on the creatine

In vivo = within an organism
In vitro = outside of an organism

me. doing my phd on a rare genetic disorder that causes patients to literally not express a gene in a certain tissue type. the goal is to develop a viral vector that only infects the desired cell type and delivers wildtype protein construct to restore function

CATCH CATCH CATCH

>panders to the alt right
>has a constant stream of Jews, non-whites and liberals with a rare cuckservative on his podcast

low IQ negro detected

There's two alt-rights though, the Reddit alt-rights and Veeky Forums /pol/ alt-right. He panders to the Reddit one.

what is myostatin and why are you trying to block it?

>Dr. Rhonda Patrick

She was new to myostatin in a Joe rogan podcast and now you present her as an expert on the subject? Since when

Myostatin is bad for gains

I'm horrified
>Be Rat piana
>Leave ratmania behind

True. I started reading hoping this would be good discussion, but the fundamental errors in a lot of these replies are completely ruining the thread.

What pandering?
And no there's not. There's just the Alt-Right i.e. Richard Spencer. Then there's an assorted group of misfit degenerates who don't believe in anything and are just trying to make shekels off of Trump's popularity aka the Alt-Lite. It includes Cernovich, Milo, Gavin McInnes etc.
Rogan SHOULD pander to the white nationalists but he won't. Very low testosterone, I disavow.

you got in vitro wrong

they are both very cute!

pnas.org/content/104/6/1835.long

Myostatin inhibits new muscle fiber growth

Myostatin is a protein in your body, and you can have disorders where you produce significantly less than other people.
For all the nerds arguing about genes just stop. Sulforaphane messes with the signaling pathway

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3528693/

It does exactly what OP thinks

I am not a doctor, but I did some research with my biochem prof in uni about cardiac hypertrophy and it's 100% not something to fuck around with. Don't go heavy with this stuff. The max I would supplement is up to a total of what someone would get from a balanced diet with veges. Don't mix half of this shit in your pre-workout without talking to a professional first.