Is it even possible to make it if you work construction?

Is it even possible to make it if you work construction?

No.. probably not..

I was so tired after working that I wouldn't even want to go to the gym.

and going before the workday? I would shit out by lunch..

physical job + gym = bad times

Yes it is, but get ready for some rough times.

I did it. Worked okay but I had to eat a lot more. Also did a body part split so I didn't over do it. So chest-mon, back-tues, ect.

Depends what kind of construction you do.

I did and do.
Literally all you need is more food to compensate for all day labor, quality preworkout, and a good work ethic you little sissy fag.

Yes but you have to be disciplined. Your life is going to be centered around nothing but work and the gym and be smart with your training.

Auto technician here, this. I eat all day at work and do a body part split as well. Yeah you're tired but once you're in the gym you wake up. You sleep good that's for sure

>smart with your training.
this too. very easy to get to snap city if you lift with improper form post a long day of lifting shit in less than ideal ways

Yes, but you need to not drink a six pack after work and not a have 3 Big Ms a day. Which other construction workers will tell you is literally impossible.

As said, it depends on what you do. Im a superintendent and I work with traveling crews and it's not that easy. Most of those guys are living in shit hotels and eating shit foods. They don't have their own vehicles and depending on who books their rooms they may not have a kitchen. I always set us up in extended stays so we can cook and I will take guys with me that want to go to the gym. Which is usually a shitty commercial gym(planet fitness for me) since the daily fee gyms are going the way of the dinosaur.

General contractor here. I work 50-60 hours a week and still run a PPLxPPLx
Just don't be a bitch

Fuck you and your work ethic.
Do you home gym or have a membership close by?

>Welding school 7-12]
>warehouse job across the street 12:30 - 6:30
>ride bicycle to gym with hiit programmed into my garmin
>mwf bp split arms core/back legs for an hour
>swim / bike cardio on weekends
>eca stack before school, after lunch and after work.
>300g protein
>1000mg l argenine +zma+potassium+5g creatine
>200mg test-e mon-thurs (trt horrific mtb accident left me with double digit test numbers)

but yeah gear up bud

Remind them if they want gains, then get two chicken sandwiches, not the fries and soda.

I frame 10 hours a day and I can still make it to the gym you can too, don't sell yourself short.

this. you can make fast food work. Subway is a good place. 6 inch, double meat/cheese, load it with veggies. Not the best food but much better than fried chicken with some lettuce you get at burger places.

Therage191

Trim Carpenter here, just workout before going to work when you have the energy. Working out after is hell

The shitty thing about construction is I'm constantly injuring myself and then can't lift.

Its the opposite for me. I get injured in all my other physical activities, then it sucks to work.

>be me
>work construction, labor
>try and lift too
>workout after work
>pinch a nerve
>lose job

good luck with that.

Lmao

Possible yes.
Hard as fuck? Yes.
I do
>Landscape & Construction
>Martial Arts
>Lifting
Although I don't think I'm going to make it.

> auto technician
> hard manual labour

Are you stil expected to go into work if you're really tired? Just got a job and am lacking energy

Is this bait?

>Auto technician
get out fag

Home gym.
It helps that I'm trying to set a good example for my son. Honestly there's no better motivation.

brehs I'm about to start a land surveying job because I need the work experience for my Civil Engineering degree (won't be as physically intensive as labouring, but I'll still be on my feet the whole day, often carrying gear). I'll be working 50 - 60hr weeks. I currently do a 3 day full body because I'm a noob, but you think it'll be better to switch to a PPL?

No. PPL is a retarded set up and gives shitty progress especially if you're only doing it 3 days a week, which means you'd only be training each muscle group 4 times a month. It's barely a step up from a bro split.

Stick with fullbody.

I dont think anyone is retarded enough to advocate doing a 3day PPL, but if they are then yes you are right. a good PPL is 6 days a week or even 7.

Question, I've been cutting and lifting for about 5 months because I'm a fat fucker, and I got a physically exhaustive apprenticeship about a month ago, but I will continue to cut and lft.

My question is, how do I know how much to cut without losing much muscle but still cutting fat? I;m confused on how much I should be eating now.

I do commercial drywall and framing. Most sheets weigh over 100 lbs, but don't push over 8 hr days or else your joints will disintegrate.

Do 5x5 training 4 days and it's fine. Have to be disciplined with my diet though or I'm fucked.

Oh yea, I meant PPLxPPL

>implying labour doesn't directly contribute to cumulative fatigue and in fact help gains by giving you passive volume
c'mon fuckboi, you don't even want to make it

I mean if youre lifting 3x a week now and are about to labour 50-60h/week you really arent gonna want to add 3 more lifting days on top of that, just stick with 3 days.

Is this a real thing

nah man only reps in the gym count towards gains

Not really sure about the bullshit terms used, but you don't think lifting heavy shit all day will make you stronger?

I worked as a mover for a short while and I gotta say it was often easier going to the gym back then than it is now working as a programmer. The mental fatigue programming brings saps willpower way more than physical work ever did. Plus as long as you eat big you can compensate your physical work rate. Still hardly ever missed/miss a workout either way. It's always going to be a case of dedication and discipline.

Electrician here, its really tough when you wake up around 4 so you can get to work an hour away by 6, then work a 10-12hour day at times, then evening rush hour can really screw traffic to the point where all you want to do is take a shower, slam some food in your gut and then go to bed... do that schedule for a few months and then tell me how easy it is to go in on sunday and put in a full body workout to try and maintain. So I go through phases where I can lift 6 times a week and then others where I am lucky to go once a week. I personally think cardio during the rough schedules helps me more than lifting.. I get to lift enough wire and gear and bullshit through the day, but getting a 20 minute run where I get into a decent zone 3-4 for a bit benefits me more.

well yes, but overall it will mostly just give you muscular endurance since most labour jobs arent about lifting really heavy a few times but low-moderate amount of weights a lot of times.

>most labour jobs arent about lifting really heavy a few times but low-moderate amount of weights a lot of times.

which is why you also see a bunch of old laborers with fucked up backs.

Construction + gym, I can just imagine how much you have to eat to gain some.

>electrician
what country and how's the pay?