/skin/ general

It's been a minute since we've had a good skin health thread. share advice, stories, popping videos, etc. all about skin.

>biggest organ of your body
>first thing women see
>can make a 2/10 face a 9/10 face with proper care
>better skin = better confidence
>satisfying to pop pimples and zits.

How is your skin Veeky Forums? Hope you've been washing your face after sweating out all that grease.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7_eotalJJEM
youtube.com/watch?v=k58GS7Mm35k
youtube.com/watch?v=vtlyETAQyHA
youtube.com/watch?v=Adnu_FobiRE
youtube.com/watch?v=_AIkB4Wf1YA
youtube.com/watch?v=bvmQEH0y8lY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I had heard that milk makes your skin break out like hell, since I don't want to sacrifice all those bowls of cereal I'm doing pic related, it's worked pretty well so far, all of my big pimples are gone and all that's left are little shits that are only noticeable up close.

I literally just finished watching an hour worth of YouTube videos of closeups of people pulling out ingrown hair.

Share some my dude, those are so satisfying after you've had one yourself.

bruhs

youtube.com/watch?v=7_eotalJJEM

youtube.com/watch?v=k58GS7Mm35k

youtube.com/watch?v=vtlyETAQyHA

>Be me
>Live in the andes with missionary family
>occasionally translate for medical teams that come
>paired up with qt asian nurse
>lady comes up to us, shakes our hands and we get down to business
>has fungal infection on her neck and ears
>lady tells her what prescription will get rid of it but it's nigh impossible to find here
>she leaves and we wash our hands thoroughly before talking to the next person.
>realized I scratched my neck while translating for her
>fug.jpeg
>weeks pass and I start to notice a growth on my neck
>comes off in little bits but turns into flakes if I leave it too long without scratching
>itchy as all hell
>can't get the perscription easily so i try antibiotics, no dice
>tablets and home remedies that all had coconut oil, nothing
>months of this shit, neck itchy 90% of the time.
>Fuck it
>press raw garlic, spread it like a salve on my neck, burns with the passion of a million jews.
>grit through the pain
>do this for 15 minutes for 3 days, area starts to swell like no tomorrow
>decide that's enough, wash it off and put on coconut oil to soothe the swelling
>1 day later the fungal infection was burned off of my neck.
>2 weeks later I feel it starting again
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=Adnu_FobiRE

Skin calms down after puberty. You'll look much better in your 20s assuming you eat right and exercise regularly.
Cold showers, scrub daily, use soap sparingly or only if heavily soiled. Drink a huge glass of water first thing in the morning and change your sheets at least once a week (pillow case more so if very greasy).

>going near brown people

HAHAHAHAHHAHAH

youtube.com/watch?v=_AIkB4Wf1YA

holy FUCK

youtube.com/watch?v=bvmQEH0y8lY

I have this weird habit, ever since I was like 11 or 12 i have loved (and i mean loved) taking super hot showers, like so hot that I get itchy from it and I scratch the itches.

Back when I worked in a factory I would come home and scratch off almost a layer of skin in the shower because of how dirty I was, the feeling is incredible, there have been times where it feels so good to scratch it's legit better than an orgasm, I know it's bad for my skin but I can't stop, my shoulders are scarred and weird shades because i've done it so much.

It looks like those toads that give birth through their backs

Sorry but thats horrible advise for 90% of people. You're going to destroy your skin barrier.

Do not scrub daily. Actually try to wash you face with some extremely gentle and low pH. Infact wash your face as rarly as possible and make sure to rinse very well with Luke warm water.

3 things saved my skin.

Rosehip oil.
Your sebum is supposed to be liquid and not hard and sticky.
People with acne have sebum that is to high in oleic acid wich makes it hard cloggy.
Rosehip oil is high in lenolic acid.
It will balance your skin and decloge your pores.
A bottle of rosehip oil is around 10 bucks at Amazon.

Diet.
Read about the effect of food with high glycamic index on your skin.
Not eating sugar and white bread made a massive difference for me.
Not just pimple wise -my skin and hair became significantly less oily.

Don't overwash your face.
Trust me on this. In the morning only water and the most gentle cleanser you can find. Nothing that says for acne on the package.

That said if you really have severe skin conditions get fucking accutane. Don't waist years of your life beeing insecure and unhappy.

I tried scrubbing my face with a facewash once a day, it just made things worse idk how.
Is the hot and then cold important? I was just using hot water.

What helped me that the comment doesnt mention is to moisturize after you wash, if not then your face naturally makes a shit ton more oil and the problem comes back, same as before.

I don't recommend soap desu, it dries things out like crazy, I just use water and light scrubbing

The problem is to find a moisturizer that doesn't cause different problems. Took me 30 different moisturizer to find one that fits.

True that, why does skin have to be so damn fickle? even the shit my doctor recommended didn't do that much, and cost a hell of a lot more.

I can't get rid of oily face I've gotten recently.

I wash with Avene Cleanance Gel and then moisturise with some Nivea moisturiser and the skin is really nice after this process.

But come morning its all oily back again. I'm just lost with all this skin shit fuck it.

Have you changed your pillowcase recently? same shit happened to me until I did a deep wash of them, legit made my acne 40% better

I probably spend 500 bucks in the last year before i had a regime that works.
Also the cheaper products turned out to be the winner.
I hate skin everything that has to do with it.
But i didn't had a breakout in a month.

Had an opposite problem then. My face needed consistent maintenance. My shoulders, upper arms, and back to a lessor degree too. Alcohols and face washes were too harsh and dried out my skin so I opted for natural cleansing methods. I used cold water with a soft scrubber. Worked like a charm and started seeing positive results within a week.

If anyone who reads this should take anything away from try different stuff. You've got your whole life to figure it out and you'll know within a short period of time if it works for you or not.

Not that yet, but have been experimenting with diet, removing oily and fried foods, sweets, wheat etc. Barely any difference.

Been to docs as well, some gave me expensive creams and pills to take, others said not to care about it too much since I'm still young (22) and as the skin starts to age it will dry up.

I've heard that milk causes acne too, but I have no idea if that's true so I'm going to hold off on sacrificing that

That makes sense.
Not using soap -even super gentle one was a giant improvement.

If your scrub is physical and has no detergent in it we basically talk about the same effect.

Altough the rosehip oil did a better job at cleaning out my pores that any scrub i tried.

You're 22 and still have acne? My condolences.

What's your nutrition look like? Are you overly stressed? Do you rinse off after sweating?
You really shouldn't be having these problems still.

Not acne, but oily face

Nigga why did you touch your neck??? Have you ever worked in a sterile environment in your life?

African Black Soap OP. It's a life saver.

It literally looks like poop but i swear it works.

Does this picture actually work? Do I need to moisturize afterwards?

Try no sugar and cheap carbs for 2-3 weeks. In addition wash your face less.

Worst case scenario -you eat a little healthier for a month.
Best case -you go from washing hair daily to every 3 days.

indians are fucking subhuman trash, even the doctor doesn't follow proper hygiene and just leaves the extracted pus all over the man's nose while he pushes it back in trying to get more nearby shit out

>when will you finally learn how to poo in loo

niga welcome to the tropics or the turd world. Good thing you didnt nail her. Hate to see that swamp

I get an oily face too. I imagine it's from a mix of sweaty face and diet. I have seen improvements in my quality of skin when my carbs were low and my face was washed without soap.

haha you fucked yourself

I have problems with really big deep pores and blackheads. I recently learned about using baking soda as a exfoliant. So far it's working, my skin is WAY smoother now and less visibly pored.

link

How do i fix this? i have it on both upper arms

More great work from the University of Rosehip oil

You should try to consume foods high in linoleic acid or take a supplement like evening primrose oil as well

anyone know the music to this one?

u dont. u can only make it better
peel it once a week in the shower
keep it hydrated with urea 10%
sunlight helps

i have 1 milia spot on my eye lid. shall i do something about it or just wait for it to fall off?

WHAT'S THE CONSENSUS ON MILK AFFECTING SKIN?!?!?!?! I didn't eat dairy for like a month and my skin got slightly clearer. Buy some cottage cheese yesterday and I've got 2 pimples this morning.. WTF NIGGER

>coconut oil
it's god-tier. I scrub with a mix of coconut oil and ground coffee.

My dermatologist says diet does NOT affect your skin.

He explicitly said
>it's pretty much out of your control unless you're putting a thick batch of vaseline on your skin every morning

For anyone with acne, go to a derma ASAP and get on Roacutane
Dont go chasing a dozen creams, lotions, routines to fix your skin, it's all bs. IF you have acne, go to a doctor

>The person I'm paying for services said he's the only one who can fix my problem

Think

because all lotions, creams and salves are free of charge right?

probably bullshit
>only drink water for 1,5 years
>completely stopped touching face
>rinsed face a lot
>acne not affected at all

finally went to doctor and it's 95% gone in like 2 months
have people comment me on my face a lot too

I don't think it's been mentioned yet but whenever I jerk off more than 2-3 times a week I start getting pimples.
>be early twenties
>generally clear skin with the occasional zit
>see some nofap threads and decide to give it a shot
>fail after first 2 weeks and have a jerkoff spree
>face immediately breaks out with massive pimples in the next day or so
verified this a couple times. id go a week without jerking it because I feel less autismo around women and my face cleared up, then get to sunday and get all depressed and lonely and jerk off until the loneliness goes away and have pimples by tuesday. also change your pillowcase

You don't need fancy cleanser.

You need fancy moisturizer, preferably one with anti-aging properties (mid 20s and up, even if you have no signs of aging yet.)

You need to utilize a peel once or twice a month. The meme black peel mask is actually great.