Need some advice bros

Alright so I need some life advice fit and you guys seem to be the least degenerate board here. I have been offered a position as a direct entry pilot in the Air Force which means I don't have to go to university first. If I do well enough I could be flying fighters two years from now. I also have the oppurtunity to go to University now at a top 30 Uni in the world. I'm interested in politics and intelligence work in the future. I don't know which path to lead bros. I'm 19 and need some advice. To keep it fit related, what's the best upper chest exercise?

Is there any way the air force might fund your degree? If they want you as a pilot, are there any programs that would offer funding for education?

Yeah but it would be with an Air Force academy and the quality of the education just wouldn't be comparable.

what degree

also your education is more on you than on the professors, t. uni student

Just take the offer user. By the time you're out of the air force, you'll be around 30 to 40 - still young enough to get into intelligence, and especially, politics.

reported, die you stupid fuck.

I’m more interested in how it came around to getting an offer from the Air Force and the whole top 30 uni thing desu

Liberal arts + Science, looking at majoring in security studies and a minor in mathematics

What do you mean by this?

That's what I have been thinking, the intelligence agencies don't ask for a degree it seems to come down to aptitude testing.

Take the airforce and study with their funding. Top 30 unis are useful for making connections, these days you can easily supplement your knowledge from a lot of other sources.

I honestly never gave much fuck where my employee graduated from (well, except if it’s bottom 30 shithole or known to sell degrees) as long as they graduate. It’s just proof that they’re not utter morons. We can teach them how to do the job.

If you want to be in security, being in ex-military will open more doors than being an ivy league graduate

Plus, if you were a fighter pilot, you can transition to commercial pilot if the security thing doesn’t work out. Airlines LOVE ex fighter pilots

Thanks, that's clarified it a bit for me. I don't know anyone in either pathway so I don't have a good mentor for this.

Bumping

Beautiful

wow

What do you want out of your career, user? Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

I would like to be working in intelligence, specifically human intelligence. I figure life experience is the key and serving as a fighter pilot would equip me with the kind of skills and life experience that would be desirable.

I turned 19 today and want to get into a top 30 uni

I'll give you a bump if I can have a (you)

Good stuff bro, what are you doing at the moment to get there?

If you want to go into intelligence, air force for definite. Pilots already get high to top level clearance as a matter of course and since security vetting costs a shit ton of money and you'll already provably be able to handle sensitive information, it'll be a huge mark in your favour later on. Assuming you don't pull a McCain and crash like ten planes.

haha in fact I got in already a year ago, I blogged on the friday night feels thread about it. Parents kind of wrecked it for me and I'm trying to weasel my way back into the ivy league.

I want to work finance, but I'm also trying to grab a scholarship with the DoD that would give my career a 4-5 year detour into the defense industry. Not that I mind.

You got in as a pilot? What happened? Yeah scholarships with defence are the way to go, no fees and a guaranteed job that will give you some hard to get skills.

Cheers user, that makes a lot of sense.

I'm not OP I got nothing to do with piloting lol. I just got into two ivies as a really great student with lots of extracurricular leadership and a good athletic background.

Makes you think what I'm doing on Veeky Forums desu. So many crabs here but I'm here to stay as far as Veeky Forums is concerned

Go with the airforce, 2 years is a short time, most people will spend that time just drinking and fucking around. For you it sounds like those 2 years could be a really good foundation to build upon later in life especially if you want to go into politics and intelligence later on.

Keeping fit related, bench.

I misread that. Good on you, makes me happy to hear when you lads are killing it.

Going Air Force will be a 11.5 year contract