What does Veeky Forums do for their traps?

what does Veeky Forums do for their traps?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P5sOhwBZon8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

farmers walks. i prefer them to shrugs

Deadlift.

underhanded rows, weighted pullups, lat pulldowns

oh traps, nevermind. shrugs and deadlifts.

Lateral raises. Fuck you it works.

give them lots of cuddles and headpats nyaa~

Literally nothing except feed them.

Each time I catch one I lock them up until they start behaving manly again. Only feed them meat, veggies and supplements to boost their test production.

I fucking hate traps.

u r doing them wrong

i just do shrugs. probably not the most efficient exercise for them but hey, it works.

OHP superset anterior overhead fly.
Shrugs superset front overhead extension.
Bentover overhead shoulder fly.

Lat pulldowns and chin ups.

i fucked a few, but my mates called me gay. i-i'm not gay am i fit?

Got me

heavy barbell power shrugs and heavy rows
i want to incorporate farmers walk as well but i dont wanna be that autist guy who walks around the gym

anybody have the screencap of that guy who stole some asian kid and locked him in a cage under his bed and fed him nothing but soy and carbs to fatten him up?

>deadlifts
>shrugs
/thread

o nvm i found it

The traps have three insertion points. You need more than one plane's activation.

snatch grip block pulls on lower day and trap bar farmer walks on upper day

Also,
>/threading your own post

My fucking forearms and traps exploded when I started doing farmer walks. They've started looking like the a runner's calves

Also do face pulls. I just started having the hills and valleys on my traps just from those. Took about 3 weeks for them to pop and dear god

what the actual fuck?

>/threading your own post

Just what I expected to see.

I just do shrugs. I'm a DYEL using dumbbells in my small apartment.

>wants his muscles to grow
>doesn't grow them
user, why are you doing this to yourself?

snatch grip shrugs
im srs do it

Seconding the face pulls, they target the medial and lower section of the traps where shrugs really just hit the top. Also great for those with impingement, since increasing the medial trap strength will help pull your shoulders into the proper place.

Diddy lift

what do you do for farmers walks? as in how much weight do you carry in each hand, and how far/long do you walk for

not that guy but i usually just get a trap bar and put 225 lbs on it and take it for about 50ft

how many times? i usually grab a pl8 in each hand and walk back and forth across the basketball court 3 times, do that about 3 or 4 times each. im wondering if i should up the weight or the time im walking

Upright rows. :) go heavy and dont be afraid to use momentum on the last rep
i also do cleans. :)

usually 3 rounds of that is all i can really handle before my arms feel like they're going to fall off

Not him but I use the trap bar and go from 1 - 3 plates walking about 70 ft then I do one little burnout where I pick it up and hold it

The free weight section of my gym is probably 100 feet? totally just a guess.

I went about it the way you go about any new exercise. I'm 5 10 and about 150 (lanklet and manlet mode fully activated). I picked what I can usually row, which is about 50 lbs and then slowly walked the length of the room and back to my bench. Realized I had no problem with that so I upped it 10 lbs in each hand.

The idea for me is I want to be basically hanging on by my fingers by the time I get back to my spot. Supposedly doing a combined 2/3 of your bodyweight is a good metric.

I've noticed my shoulders have been naturally sitting further back along with making my chest more pronounced because of their position. I don't even go heavy. Usually like 20-35 lbs and just do a lot of slow controlled reps. I can easily do 225 on barbell shrugs and they haven't given me nearly as many gains as compared to the face pulls.

Farmer walks are a pleb exercise.
>that guy who does planks
>that guy who Upright Rows
>that guy who does farmer walks
Everyone can tell you're a dyel tryhard.

What're your recommended exercises then?

dont listen to this idiot lol. farmer's walks are amazing

Oh I know. Just bored and decided to take the bait

Hi guys

I made a thread, about a guy talking about this, the day before yesterday, yesterday so now I'm making a post about this.

It was a review about the exercise of the picture, on the left hand side of this post.
It's good, do it, try it, love it.

Peace out friends.

High Pulls/Face Pulls
Shrugs
Front Plate Raises
Standing there/weighted lunges
But not farmer carries. They are the epitome of dyel exercise. They don't work anything particularly effectively or intensely and you make a spectacle of yourself.
>grabs the largest dumbbells off the rack
>parades around the gym
>not looking like a tryhard

I've been doing snatch grip high pulls and rows

What're your prefered exercises for forearmlets then? Walks are the only thing I've noticed that've given me significant gains.

>Not looking like a tryhard

>Caring what other people think of you at the gym

Literally all GOAT exercises, throw lu raises in and it's the perfect septfecta.

bill kaz had huge ass traps. he said he did snatch grip shrugs. im gonna listen to him

yeah, farmers walks are silly for grip training. You can hold massive amounts of weights while walking like a girl but it's non-sense

what you should do is, given the plates your gym has, take a plate that's not too heavy and hold it at the thick part, so not where it's a handle, and walk around.

Not them but I'll give you good advice.
Lift heavy fucking weights.
Your forearms will grow.

bs. true that farmers walks make you look a bit of a clown but theyre great for your lats, traps, delts, forearms, biceps and quads.

My forearms are the hardest thing for me to grow. Strength wise they're fantastic, but there's not a lot of size. Hence doing exercises that put focus on them.

>snatch grip shrug
any postulating or actual science on how the wide grip affects how differently it hits the trap heads?

Deadlifts will work your forearm strength better than any farmer carries. If you're concerned about size though you'll want to do wrist curls and forearm rope curls with a weight attached.

Join a rockclimbing gym. You're not hitting them enough, forearms are like delts, you can hit them 7 days a week but most people don't.

he just said it made more sense mechanically. try doing DB shrugs like most ppl do and then go try a snatch grip one. i did and the difference was insane. never doing dbs again

Snatch grip shrugs are objectively better than DB shrugs.

Shrugs
Front plate raises( palms facing down with thumb on top of plate other fingers underneath. Do NOT confuse with anterior shoulder raises)
Diddlys
Rack pulls

Just by looking it seems like it hits medial harder than just the upper by itself, betting you could pull more weight too but with less ROM

As a face pull lover try throwing in high rep heavy explosive face pulls every once in a while, they're great

What exercises would be best for hitting the middle fibers area.

I'll try it out. My back is usually insanely sore after hitting it, but what's a little more pain

>how to into traps development and function
youtube.com/watch?v=P5sOhwBZon8

*shrugs*

/thread

600 pound shrugs
"Oh I can't hold that, it's too heavy."
Ideal Veeky Forums bod has always been engineer mode.

Should've engineered himself some forearm gains.

I don’t isolate traps, but when I did I used to do shrugs right before deadlift, and they blew up. Got a compliment on them ones. Now there are dyel.

RACK PULLS. ABOVE THE KNEE!!!

and heavy ass shrugs

idio

deadlift, lateral raises, shrugs.

Shrugs.

Lmao, good point brother, post yours to embarrass them.

Sorry, my major is in theoretical physics. :0)

face pulls and dumbbell t raises on an incline bench with an emphasis on squeezing the scapula and holding the movement. The latter you're only gonna be using 5-10lbs but it targets great. Rows in general will help, and I personally want to try this snatch grip shrug cause it looks like a medial killer.

I do 5 gallons in each arm, for quarter mile with breaks of 30s every 2 minutes. For shorter distances I do 10 gallon jugs for about 100m, break then go back. I do this about 5 times for 1 farmer's carry workout.

R O W S
O W S R
W S R O
S R O W

Rack pulls above the knee,
anything snatch grip, including deadlifts and power shrugs
Face pulls

>can't think of any other way to grab and hold a heavy weight

>lats
no
>delts
no
>biceps
no
>quads
no

They're good for your bicep tendons, but yea that post was retarded

deadlift

nothing, large traps are not aesthetic, and things like deadlifts exercise them enough to strengthen them anyway.

deadlifts in 2017 its like ur trying to snap ur shit up
when will bloatmaxers learn

you shouldn't be activating traps on lateral raises. don't bring the parallel with your shoulders that activates lats. isolate the belt by bringing to up to just below the shoulder level. its the effective range of motion for the delta and you don't use the traps for assistance in what should be a debt only exercise.

again, raise to below shoulder height, not shoulder height.

have them suck my dick

How much weight do people use on farmers walks? Only ever seen one bloke do them at my gym. There's not really a good place to do them. He was just doing laps of the place with a 25kg plate in each hand

Best thing is floor pulls above the knee. Snatch, clean and jerk. Been training these for a few months and I’ve never seen my traps explode this much.

this, also power cleans got me DOMmed up rn

I only have 1 32KG kettlebell. Can i do one hand farmer walk with it?

is that a condom wrapper on the ground? jesus

I go heavy. Load up 4 plates on high-handle trap bar (425) and do 4 walks of 20-30 feet. My traps and forearns are sore still from 2 days ago

Same reason I haven’t started them why am I so beta still :(

cleans and snatches