Explain how to properly throw a punch, Veeky Forums

explain how to properly throw a punch, Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9gsvQEWv7QU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fencing_response
youtube.com/watch?v=riTI_MFrTTY
youtube.com/watch?v=TV6P6jV30Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=u9mWW7Rxg1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Depends which punch, but generally
1. Step in the direction of the punch, with the same side foot. Make sure step is strong and purposeful. Other foot is planted.
2. Rotate hips in the direction of punch, upper body will naturally follow
3. Throw from your temple, palm facing inward.
4. Rotate arm just before hitting target, so palm of fist is facing down.
5. Use full extension and tense your muscles just before contact.
6. Immediately retract and bring hand back to temple.

>tfw actually just typed this out

mimic throwing a baseball.

voila

>afraid of being punched in the face
>involuntarily flinch and shelter when people get in my face aggressively or not
>can't throw a solid punch with both hands
What do I do?

T. Guy who has never punched anyone in his life

Its not going to be pretty but...you have to get used to getting punched in the face. Time to head to a boxing gym and start sparring. To avoid brain damage, make sure you don't go hard more than twice a week. Once a week is preferable.

On the contrary, that is textbook if you really analyze the motions

just wear an hawain shirt
youtube.com/watch?v=9gsvQEWv7QU

Pipebomb

Go to a boxing gym
Learn there
You'll make mistakes and be corrected/find out yourself in sparring
It's not surprising. Everyone is afraid of fire until they work with fire.
If you spar a bit, you'll get used to it, see they're nothing special and have to tools to deal with them

When it's thrown, always have you face blocked with you arm

Corkscrew your arm.
Turn your shoulders into it.
As you punch bring your punching shoulder up so that it starts to cover/protect your face.
Make sure you're looking where you're punching.
Keep the arm that isn't punching up protecting your face.
If it's a jab then use it for finding range on the opponent.
If it's a backhand then twist your hips and upper body into it and turn on your back foot as well, punching through the target not to it.

Fpbp and /thread

A good punch starts from the ground up.

First the foot pivots into the punch on the same side as the arm you're throwing. This twisting motion runs up the leg, through the hips, up the torso and finally out and along your extending hand.
It's like a golf swing. It's all about a smooth transfer of power up the kinetic chain. You start off 'torqued' up and end up at full extension with the whole weight of your body moved into that fist.

Then you snap the fist back to your guard. I mean you should try to but you'll see very good boxers and fighters leaving a punch dangling based on tactics and preference.

This is all solid advice, but 2 things that are also important:

Your initial fight stance should be the foot of your non-dominant side slightly ahead of your other foot with your ankles bent. this gives you optimal hip movement to put the power of your whole body in a single fluid motion.

When you punch, make use of your full reach. if you only punch with half your reach you end up pushing rather than punching and won't do much damage. When someone is in your face shove them back first.

If you aren't dyel most people get knocked out with a single punch. Also if you have a lighter or something similar in your pocket put it into your palm to prevent breaking your knuckles.

Just study this image

you can use a jab a million different ways, finding range is only one

this scene actually got me into boxing. ippo is top tier shit my nigga

Unless you're naturally good at fighting the best way to learn is to get your ass kicked until you get some skills and get better at taking a beating than the other guy.

move your fist forward at a high speed.

think first before you move

This covers it up but don't tense muscles. Tensing them slows your arm down. If your angles are on point, you won't lose energy from your arm bending upon impact. Really though, it takes multiple years of training to throw a proper punch. 15 for a really good one. Reading won't make you be able to throw one, you NEED a good instructor.

Keep in mind it's all just physics. A strong punch is not in the biceps, but mainly in the calves and the muscles rotating the core. The energy comes from the resistance of the ground as you force your feet against it. This energy then travels up towards your core, you keep it by rotating it and then launching your arms out. It's not called 'throwing' a punch for no reason. Your arms are launched by your legs and torso. Your arms are just the extension that transfer the energy generated by your whole body towards the target. If you don't use a step, shift your weight onto your front leg a bit while rotating the hips.

baited

why in old manuals do they keep a vertical fist /boxer/ bros?

idk exactly but I know you can snap punches out more quickly with a vertical fist. I've been meaning to start experimenting with a vertical jab to slice through the guard.

This is Chad IRL, huge framed low inhibition brick-skulled brute

Got it downloaded, is it worth the watch?

Okay so heres you'r fist, you want to put it somewhere, but you can't put it there hard enough so you got to back it up against the ground, and there's a lot of muscles in your body between your fist and the ground. You should be able to figure this out. Also please don't break your hand with stupid shit.

T. Guy who has lost every single fight he's been in.

watch & practice

Fuck punching. Rush in, take whatever he's throwing while reaching for face. Find soft spot. Push eyeballs into face. Once somebody has had a finger in the eye, no matter how much pressure you put on it, he ain't swinging. Take this 1-3 second window and drive a workboot into whatthefuckever. Kick him to the ground and disappear before his friends/cops come. The human head is incredibly strong. Most people can take multiple blows to the head and keep coming. A finger in the eye followed by a steeltoe to the stomach? That fucker won't get up.

yeah right

He might be right Tbh, extremely high aggression, ruthlessness and lack of inhibition is the real key to street fighting.

Best to use a bottle or some other sealable container. If you try to throe punch in a cup or a bowl you ate likely to make a mess and get it on yourself

A few reasons

>The gloves were smaller and you could slide through guards easier with a vertical fist
>They believed that there is better stability because your bones line up with your knuckles all the way to your shoulder
>Its faster
>Its less telegraphed since you don't have to flare your elbow at all
>They believed it allowed more powerful jabs and straights because you get full utilization of your triceps

Horizontal fists give the edge with corkscrew motions, a natural tendency to raise your shoulders for protection, and it allows you to change trajectory mid strike (say over top of your opponent's jab)

Ugly as fuck

I hate MMA strikes, jesus christ

Aggression does not mean win a fight and extreme aggression like gouging eyes out, breaking limbs or watching people fall and not getting back up can be quite disturbing if not more, believe me on this.

>The human head is incredibly strong. Most people can take multiple blows to the head and keep coming.
Even if that's true one who is not experimented in this should not go that way.
Last thing is the same way you come at people, count on them to come at you twice that way

RIP that dude in the yellow, because he's fucking dead

scary stuff... what happened to that yellow guy?

this is almost exactly what the textbook definition of a punch is. Stop playing fighting games and go outside more.

One of my friends was punched one single time outside of a bar by some drunk douchebag out of nowhere, hit his head on the sidewalk and died

Yes, the body is resilient, but we have our vulnerabilities

That's why I say it's disturbing, you can yourself enter in shock if you've never seen this before and ko'd someone like that
it's called fencing response but it need immediate attention to avoids serious brain damage.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fencing_response

is he literally fighting a retard?

you don't need to flare the elbow with a horizontal punch, either.

You're harsh because the high level athlete develop reflexes, they let little place to the brain to take over.
So when his eyes saw the fake punch going back the reflex kicked in and he tried to punch back, at the last moment the brain told him not to but it was already to late.

>scary stuff... what happened to that yellow guy?
Heavy concussion. Called fencer reflex in German, dunno the English equivalent.

That means he's ded?

except he waited a calendar year to react to the feign and then stepped in leading with his face. He was either already in bad shape or he didn't know what he was doing.

reminds me of this:

youtube.com/watch?v=riTI_MFrTTY

>guy trying to rob store, gets kicked in head
>starts break dancing to apologize for his transgressions

You seems to know and I like talking combat sport with people so let me give it to you that way:
You have to add the perspective and go into his place.

The dude see punch from front, coming but not connecting to his face and then going back, when the punch come to your face, it focus all your attention so you don't see the second one coming, he, then, tried to step forward to punch but get stopped in his track by the second one.

It's typically your brain getting in your way like pic(RELATED)

The reflexes are what is ingrain in your brain, that's why you can see double ko.
youtube.com/watch?v=TV6P6jV30Hg

That's some pretty fucking tasty dribbling Tbh, fucking Zlatan has such a high IQ playstyle

this nigga tarded

You know, there's a sport called boxing, whom athletes mastered this movement. If you want to know how to throw a punch, go to the boxing gym. Don't ask fat powerlifters and dyels for punching advice

Just turn your hips as you punch, that's it

and this is why you can't kick someone at the back of their heads in combat sports

boxer here, this is pretty much accurate. just be certain the power of the punch comes from your hips and legs and not your arm because those are much stronger. Also try to punch through the target, make your wrist stiff as possible, and punch with your middle and index knuckles.

Yes, I've been boxing for years now. after my first few lessons my coach told me 1. Do not fight if you can avoid it, a boxing match with a doctor and gloves is safer than a street fight and 2. never ever ever fight on concrete because 1 punch can cause someone to fall over and die

I box for the sport, I don't fight random people in public because I'm not a douchebag.

Good way to end up looking like this. The best punch is a counter punch after a slip when your opponent is off balance.

like this

>because I'm not a douchebag
Should be you would have more fun

I've found vertical fist to be faster as well.
Mind you, I also do oly fencing, so it tends to suit my preference for wrist position/angle.

Do you find "parrying" easier? For some reason I do it more quickly with a vertically aligned arm.

come to my place and i will double punch fist your asshole, herb

suck punch
wow
so power

The anime? Hell yeah, it's kino

The manga is also great but (after over 1000 chapters) is preeeeetty shit right now. No plot progress at all. Anime stopped at a good point.

dang the guy in red didnt even go overboard and the other guy could've died

fuck street fighting, shit is for retards

Probably not dead, definite concussion. See

classic fencing

>tfw incredibly thick skull

>have gotten a major concussion only to get back up immediately and ride my bike home

had to go to the hospital a few hours later and ended up staying overnight but at least i didnt take any permanent brain damage

T. punchlet

Technique and practice
>t. Mma fag

Close your fist as you throw it

If you're right handed, put your left food forward, vise versa for left handed.
Make sure your front toes are facing forward and your right toes are facing outward.
Bring your hands up to your head in a somewhat guard stance.
When you're ready to throw, you need to turn these three things:
Pivot your back foot on the balls of your feet so your toes point forward, use that pivot to turn your hips counterclockwise (or clockwise if you're lefty), and extend and turn your rear fist from an upright position, to where your knuckles are facing your opponent. Also make sure to keep your opposite hand at your head incase they throw a punch as well.

its the multiple concussions that are the real danger

looks like he send the nose right up into that skull with his chin --> heavy concussion + blood in throat as far as i can guess is whats happening there

He asked how to throw a punch, not fight. I enjoy counter punching a lot more than being the aggressor.

never been in a fight, i see

Are you serious?
You just quoted from ippo?

youtube.com/watch?v=u9mWW7Rxg1o

Muscle memory on decked dude.
Experience would have helped but he never encountered such a bait before.

I don't even watch anime, weeb.

>being a retarded weeb

Don't punch. Go for a headbutt. It's the most alpha fight move and most opponents will shit bricks after you throw one.

1. generate momentum in the whole body
2. transfer momentum through arm

Yeah I don't ever teach anyone how to throw a punch until they can evade one. Not to mention most people throw dirt slow.

Guess he'll learn the hard way.