Why aren't you training your neck, Veeky Forums?

Why aren't you training your neck, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KyhWGZeHlPg&t
youtube.com/watch?v=htuCUJmfsdw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i am

but I am
10 sets of 150 reps
neck curls and neck extensions
every morning

What a shitty way to start your day. I'm so sorry.

I started doing neck curls/extensions 2 months ago. It's too soon to see a difference, but the pump I get is like a little preview and I like it. Can't believe I went this long without isolating neck, it really is necessary for true thicc aesthetics.

>pumping the necksicle
>a bad thing
I'm so sorry for you, you pencil necked nigger.

As a /computernigger/ with forward head, shouldn't I be skipping extensor work and focusing mostly on flexors?

That picture took me a second, I wasn't sure what was off and then I realized I'm retarded

this image grosses me out for some reason

I have a really long neck and I'm trying to get thicc. Are neck curls/extensions the best neck exercises (nexercises) to do?

Anyone actually managed to grow their neck here by 2+ inches? My current theory is that you need to high frequency and high reps to promote growth. Wrestlers wrestle everyday of the week and grow huge necks. Endurance=size in the neck?

Neck, calves, forearms. High volume, high frequency.
These muscles are at the ends of your body and as such they greatly depend on your genetics (bone thickness/circference). If you wanna grow these, you gotta hit them every day, aim for at least 1000 reps total for each muscle group.

My neck is as thick as my head due to the fact I make hilarious faces as I lift.

After benching I used to get neck cramps from frowning so hard.

How do I get abs to pop on my neck?

I never realized how pathetically untrained my neck was until I started training it

I grew my neck to like bugenhagen levels of thicc and I've never trained it specifically.

I've run this program for a while now and my neck just sort of grew over time. My progress was:
>Bench: 65lbs -> 265lbs
>Squat: 95lbs -> 355lbs
>Dead: 135lbs -> 485lbs

I've done this push/pull for like 2 years now I think.

Push:
>Bench
>Squats
>Incline or Weighted Dips
>OHP
>Shoulder Flies
>Any tricep isolation
>Weighted Crunches

Pull:
>Deads
>Wide Grip Pullups (Lat pulldowns when I was weaker)
>Reverse grip barbell rows
>Close Grip Chins
>Facepulls
>Any bicep isolation

My neck is full chadmode and I have never isolated it.

You probably have forward head posture with a little bit of rounded shoulder/upper crossed

This means your lower cervical spine is flexed forward but to maintain your eye level your head is extended at the c1/occiput joint

Work on strengthening lower cervical extensors while stretching suboccipital extensors in addition to stretching superficial cervicalflexors and working on deep neck flexor exercises (supine gentle chin tucks) to develop better segmental stability

His neck is an average lifters neck...

It's thicker than his head.

you got it the wrong way around.
train extensors (look up and behind) and stretch flexors (the ones on front)
basically do neck hyperextensions either free or with little weight, while stomach down. and look up and to the sides to stretch the front

I'm gonna start training it today.
measurement is 38.5cm slightly above adam's apple

If you keep your head up during deadlift it builds the neck.

Everyones neck is thicker than their head when flexed back against the traps. His neck is ok, but he's no Takeo Spikes.

what's better to focus on: extensors or flexors?
I would guess that being an average guy who sits a lot when I'm not lifitng, that my extensors are weak and my flexors tight, so that would mean going with the ext, but I see a lot of people recommending neck curls

youtube.com/watch?v=KyhWGZeHlPg&t

forgot to say, no neck harness thingy.
I already look autistic enough

wtf one month ago my neck measured 38.5cm.
now it's 40.
same position
I did 100 neck extensions and 50 neck curls 10 minutes ago and did less than 50 each the day I measured it, which was roughly a month ago.
My lifting schedule hasnt really changed.
can 50 neck curls and 100 give you a 1cm/.7in pump like that?

Dude, Thanks.

What? That's the opposite of what I've read. if you're hunching forward all day you're in a constant state of extension, no?

youtube.com/watch?v=htuCUJmfsdw
na. deep cervical is where it is at

seeyou need to train your neck in all directions. additionally you should be performing rotation/diagonals for
coordination and muscle strengthening. Look up the upper extremity D1 and D2 patterns of PNF and focus on the neck portion (usually just follow your moving hand with your nose) which will work every muscle in your neck. You need to make sure you balance it.

t. Physio

if you are hunched forward all day your lower cervical spine is in flexion and occiput/c1/possibly c2 joints are in extension. Results of prolonged FHP include progression to upper crossed, cervicogenic headaches (look up manual suboccipital release and perform it on yourself - usually take two tennis balls and place them in a sock then lay flat on a firm surface with this contraption under your suboccipital muscules)

t. Same Physio

Necks seem to get ridiculous pumps. The first time I worked out my neck with weight I went from 14.5 inch to just under 15.5 inch.